Foran to retire !

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly, get in early and groom them to their fullest potential.
If they're fucked, talk them up and trade them for someone that's a better fit.
I think you're starting to get it Brad :grinning:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And after spending shit loads in buying young talent, 5 -7 years later the kid is worth a million, we won't think he is worth a million and off to the roosters he goes....what's the difference you num nuts
So using your 'lets say' we're going to overpay 150k for three players where it's very possible none of them can reach their potential when we could of signed a top talent for almost the same amount. I think that's even worse then not going after marquee players. You're also not going to get the best two to three emerging talent coming through because other clubs will pay overs and if they're THAT good they'll be on Haas, Fifita, etc contracts basically as soon as they debut. Every club has the best emerging talent circled for years in advance. Before they're even ready for NRL. There needs to be a mix of everything if I'm being honest. A marquee signing, top players and whatever you're saying.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You better hope to God foran doesn't retire, as he is our only marquee by the sounds of it ...foran taking the field on crutches 2020 and 2021
We do NOT have to do anything!
We as a club choose our destiny!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This won't really change anything for us in the short term tbh, I don't think there is anyone worth investing big bucks into for next year and Foran was coming off contract at the end of next year anyway.

Atleast we won't have to worry every time he touches the ball that he will get injured.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And after spending shit loads in buying young talent, 5 -7 years later the kid is worth a million, we won't think he is worth a million and off to the roosters he goes....what's the difference you num nuts
You'll need to meet them somewhere in the middle to keep them. If you just refuse to upgrade their contract they'll be gone. We just need to be a successful club again.

Banned
Reaction score
You'll need to meet them somewhere in the middle to keep them. If you just refuse to upgrade their contract they'll be gone. We just need to be a successful club again.
Well if the boys fight as hard next season as we are here, we will win the comp uncontested!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well if the boys fight as hard next season as we are here, we will win the comp uncontested!
I'd hope so. From round one until the last.

Banned
Reaction score
I'd hope so. From round one until the last.
I'd fucking love it to be true.
Hold a massive middle finger to the NRLol, Rorters, media and every other detractor that wrote us off or tried to put and keep us down.
Fuck them all!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Exactly, get in early and groom them to their fullest potential.
If they're fucked, talk them up and trade them for someone that's a better fit.
I think you're starting to get it Brad :grinning:
You are joking right? Worked so good for lichaa!

As Brady said the truly elite talented kids are marked and picked up for rather good $.

They also tend to go to the same clubs (no shock)

Though if we sign 3 kids on potential and none kick off we are losing more $ then one superstar would cost.

Either way I agree we certainly need to recruit some talented kids a lot earlier; feels like forever since Taupau, Jackson, finucane, kasiano, Klemmer etc.

Prime example there he was on 300k back then as a kid (remember a big thing how he got a 1mil - 3 year deal before kick off).

That’s back years ago!

Ponga was like 600k with a few games and he was worth the risk due to being a once in a generation talent coming through. Had union; league etc all Wanting him !

Anyway we need both talented kids and someone to make them want to come here as a marquee player!

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If Foran wants to retire I would back him 100%.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Has there been any confirmation Foran is to retire?

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Word has it if foran retires Canterbury will be looking at moylan or johnson to take up the 6 role

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Word has it if foran retires Canterbury will be looking at moylan or johnson to take up the 6 role
Bottom of the barrel in my opinion... Moylan is young but they are both coming off injury effected seasons and both individuals not team players... I’d rather go hard to upgrade players around our current halves.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
David Holland, the source of reliability and truth!

I wouldn’t believe this, just because the Sharks are trying to create cap space and shed either Moylan or Dugan as a priority.

Moylan is a massive liability, not only in the injury department.

We have 3 young halves, they should be given their chance.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we are prepared to spend a 1m on one of these guys who have achieved nothing in the game and nearing the end of their careers
They are more of a risk than latrell...but maybe it's ok cause the sharks may pay some of their freight...

So if this is true we will get a second hand jeep Cherokee vs brand new Ferrari...

The natives are getting restless that's for sure

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
His father was the CEO of the Walmart corporation for something like 15 years,he recently stood Down from the post,with a 30 million payout &and another 10 million in company stocks and bonds,but how often have mmm been right ?
His dad was worth like $60 million USD before the took the package. Family is not short of a dollar.