No Source Zac Lomax

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cheers for this.

Point I believe is that we all heard about him being stood down and it being connected to us. Widely reported.

Key factor for me is that his agent came to us ...
Who's his agent. Seems he is unique in that he came to us.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Had all the same runs on the board as Cotric coming through. Would gladly take him in the current climate.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

with all the fuzz and hype about latrell Mitchell, I thought I’d share info on another centre who I think should be our primary target.

beginning of the year, Lomax was stood down by Mary (rubbish coach) as there were talks with us and his agent about a release as Lomax was not being played in his preferred spot (centre). A player at their club who I know personally for a number for years showed me texts personally about Lomax distaste about how he is being played out of position. He loves the club but feels a move away is what’s best for his career...

his agent approached our club and we advised that if he was to join he would be given the centre spot, this is why Lomax was dropped...

My understanding from what I was told last week is that Lomax who is currently overseas will make a decision about whether he stays or goes in the next fortnight... we are speaking to his manager and so is madge... the canberra rumours are BS, he lives with his missus and she won’t leave the area obviously because of her career...

Lomax is just as good as xerri and we saw what xerri was able to do in his preferred position..

maybe this Mitchell drama is a smoke screen.. I really couldn’t care less if you believe this or not, so keyboard warriors I’ll Leave it to you...
I'd be happy if this happened.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi all,

with all the fuzz and hype about latrell Mitchell, I thought I’d share info on another centre who I think should be our primary target.

beginning of the year, Lomax was stood down by Mary (rubbish coach) as there were talks with us and his agent about a release as Lomax was not being played in his preferred spot (centre). A player at their club who I know personally for a number for years showed me texts personally about Lomax distaste about how he is being played out of position. He loves the club but feels a move away is what’s best for his career...

his agent approached our club and we advised that if he was to join he would be given the centre spot, this is why Lomax was dropped...

My understanding from what I was told last week is that Lomax who is currently overseas will make a decision about whether he stays or goes in the next fortnight... we are speaking to his manager and so is madge... the canberra rumours are BS, he lives with his missus and she won’t leave the area obviously because of her career...

Lomax is just as good as xerri and we saw what xerri was able to do in his preferred position..

maybe this Mitchell drama is a smoke screen.. I really couldn’t care less if you believe this or not, so keyboard warriors I’ll Leave it to you...
Wouldn't mind him tbh. He would be cheap and be an asset to the team. Better than the money pit Mitchell.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind him tbh. He would be cheap and be an asset to the team. Better than the money pit Mitchell.
How cheap do we think? 300k? I'd love Lomax but he's not going to give us anything close to what Latrell would give. He definitely has potential to be a solid Centre just that's a common theme throughout our squad, solid (sometimes average). It's slim after Latrell anyways so he's a good shout.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be happy with Lomax.. a strong young player that has so much potential. Mitchell has shown us what he can do on the field when he feels like it I repeat when he feels like it and his also like a powder keg about to go off with his moods not sure the club should consider paying all that dosh for him. Tigers can have him I would take Lomax if a choice.
Lomax on the other hand has still heaps more to show and I think with a new club the guy can be anything. Also we can get him at a good price. The club has been careful in its signings which I applaud. not sure Mitchell was a contributor to the rorters wining the gf more so a little help from the ref.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dragons face threat of losing the club’s most exciting talent

Just when St George Illawarra thought the worst was behind them after a season from hell, the Dragons are now facing the very real threat of losing the club’s most exciting young talent.

On the eve of their return for pre-season training, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that young gun Zac Lomax is about to officially put himself on the open market.

Lomax, 20, is contracted for next season but is now free to negotiate his future beyond 2020.

Unfortunately for the Dragons, Lomax has indicated he wants to test the market.

It is expected that he will enter talks with as many as six rival clubs in the coming weeks.

It is understood the Dragons are desperate to keep Lomax and have all but guaranteed him first crack at owning the No.1 jumper in 2020 as a way of keeping rivals at bay.

Lomax is regarded as one of the best young centres in the game but he has already indicated his long-term goal is to establish himself as an NRL fullback.

It was thought that could work in the Dragons favour given Lomax would probably struggle to lock down the fullback spot at most rival clubs at this point of his career.

But that theory was blown apart when Lomax’s manager Steve Gillis confirmed when contacted on Sunday that his client had made a decision to see what offers are out there for him.

“There are clubs who have indicated that they would like to talk and he’s quite happy to give them the courtesy of having a discussion,” Gillis said.

Gillis’ management company also looks after Lomax’s Dragons teammates Matt Dufty and Euan Aitken.

Dufty and Aitken have been reportedly shopped around to rival clubs in recent months.

Gillis said both players had a contract with the Dragons for 2020 and had no plans of seeking an early exit.

The Wests Tigers are known to be one club keen on Lomax but his hopes of playing fullback at the Tigers would be dependent on what move Latrell Mitchell makes.

The Tigers are also chasing an outside back as well as a fullback.

Like Mitchell, Lomax has the added value of being a quality goal kicker which makes him even more valuable.

The Tigers have $1.7 million in available salary cap space for next season so they could potentially afford both Mitchell and Lomax and still have money to spend.

Lomax has long been regarded as a young player with huge potential. NSW coach Brad Fittler once labelled him “the gifted one”.

It would be highly unlikely the Dragons would release Lomax for next season even if he secured a future elsewhere.

But you’d imagine it would also make it extremely difficult for Paul McGregor to pursue his plans of playing Lomax at fullback if he does decide to sign at a rival club.

For that reason the longer these negotiations drag on the more it could potentially disrupt the Dragons’ preparations for next season.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/44f0ced05314393df38019cf11dfdcca

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dragons face threat of losing the club’s most exciting talent

Just when St George Illawarra thought the worst was behind them after a season from hell, the Dragons are now facing the very real threat of losing the club’s most exciting young talent.

On the eve of their return for pre-season training, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that young gun Zac Lomax is about to officially put himself on the open market.

Lomax, 20, is contracted for next season but is now free to negotiate his future beyond 2020.

Unfortunately for the Dragons, Lomax has indicated he wants to test the market.

It is expected that he will enter talks with as many as six rival clubs in the coming weeks.

It is understood the Dragons are desperate to keep Lomax and have all but guaranteed him first crack at owning the No.1 jumper in 2020 as a way of keeping rivals at bay.

Lomax is regarded as one of the best young centres in the game but he has already indicated his long-term goal is to establish himself as an NRL fullback.

It was thought that could work in the Dragons favour given Lomax would probably struggle to lock down the fullback spot at most rival clubs at this point of his career.

But that theory was blown apart when Lomax’s manager Steve Gillis confirmed when contacted on Sunday that his client had made a decision to see what offers are out there for him.

“There are clubs who have indicated that they would like to talk and he’s quite happy to give them the courtesy of having a discussion,” Gillis said.

Gillis’ management company also looks after Lomax’s Dragons teammates Matt Dufty and Euan Aitken.

Dufty and Aitken have been reportedly shopped around to rival clubs in recent months.

Gillis said both players had a contract with the Dragons for 2020 and had no plans of seeking an early exit.

The Wests Tigers are known to be one club keen on Lomax but his hopes of playing fullback at the Tigers would be dependent on what move Latrell Mitchell makes.

The Tigers are also chasing an outside back as well as a fullback.

Like Mitchell, Lomax has the added value of being a quality goal kicker which makes him even more valuable.

The Tigers have $1.7 million in available salary cap space for next season so they could potentially afford both Mitchell and Lomax and still have money to spend.

Lomax has long been regarded as a young player with huge potential. NSW coach Brad Fittler once labelled him “the gifted one”.

It would be highly unlikely the Dragons would release Lomax for next season even if he secured a future elsewhere.

But you’d imagine it would also make it extremely difficult for Paul McGregor to pursue his plans of playing Lomax at fullback if he does decide to sign at a rival club.

For that reason the longer these negotiations drag on the more it could potentially disrupt the Dragons’ preparations for next season.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/44f0ced05314393df38019cf11dfdcca
another one that thinks he's a fullback... when will these kids learn.

Banned
Reaction score
Be interesting to see if we actually genuinely pursue him.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sounds solid mate but until he signs with us I wont be popping the cork on the Champagne bottle!

Lomax would be a great addition to our roster and no doubt we would welcome him with open arms, he’s young, hungry, talented and would come at a fraction of the price that Latrell is seeking, no brainer really and hopefully he chooses to sign with us fingers crossed

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article says he wants to be a FB so basically his manager is pushing for big dollars when his resume shows not even one good game in 1st grade. In fact , if i recall, he was bog ordinary when he was given a go in 1st grade at the start of this year and they dropped him back into reserves and he got his nose out of joint. We don't need a future FB when we have DWZ. Basically the kid has talent but no runs on the board and a big ego so why would we even want to entertain him.

Banned
Reaction score
The article says he wants to be a FB so basically his manager is pushing for big dollars when his resume shows not even one good game in 1st grade. In fact , if i recall, he was bog ordinary when he was given a go in 1st grade at the start of this year and they dropped him back into reserves and he got his nose out of joint. We don't need a future FB when we have DWZ. Basically the kid has talent but no runs on the board and a big ego so why would we even want to entertain him.
Price per potential ratio.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think many clubs if any NEED a Fullback. Cowboys are the only one if they don't sign Holmes. Lomax hasn't showed anything to dethrone anyone else playing Fullback at other clubs. Now I think about it Dragons need a Fullback with Dufty out of favour and Widdop moving on? If he actually wants to play Fullback Dragons is his best bet honestly. Lomax doesn't have an ego. Wanting to play a certain position isn't an ego. I think he's a good kid tbh.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I think about it I would like to see the likes of Arvillo Harper and Tass get a go don't get me wrong I for one was hoping we could of got Latrell and don't mind the idea of Lomax but the more I think about it Averillo Harper and Tass are all around the same age and wouldn't cost no where near the amount I reckon the 3 of them wouldn't cost the price of Lomax and have the potential to be long term players for us