Poll: Will the bulldogs make a big signing in the next 12 months?

Will the Bulldogs make a big signing in the next 12 months?

• Yes

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 63 59.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
First if were looking at a small forward then nobody matches Bateman atm and if his sick of Canberra his worth throwing the money at. Though I think we need a BIG prop to replace Tolman... Were missing that punch through the middle and Napa can only do so much.

Should be chasing blokes like James, Taukhieho or even Walmsley from SL.. I didn't like Wamlsey at the beginning but watched him again last night and the guy goes hard, again and again and again, He would certainly add to the pack.

Anybody think Thompson is what we need yuck, guy gets manhandled more than Tols.
I think Bateman isn’t available until 2022. Arrows good to go from 2021 and it wouldn’t surprise me if we landed him and wears Tolmans #8

Don’t be fooled by Arrows size. His leg drive is as good as there is out there and rolls forward all day long. Great offload also

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck Mitchell?
Mitchell represented an opportunity as players of his quality don't come around very often.
While I agree $1m for a centre is a lot of money, $1m for a fullback is not uncommon.

We are massively under invested in the back 5 and something has to be done about it.

If there was the potential to get Mitchell to the club for the 2020 season I can't believe the club didn't explore that option harder.

Yes I know it is a team sport so halves and forwards also contribute to attack. Now that you mention it lack of creativity in the halves is also a problem as is post contact meters by the forwards.
Kids good but he ain't that good... If he was a batsman his average would be 30 and the occasional century now and again. I personally think a million dollar player should be a Mr consistent, somebody like a Cook, DCE, Cronk, Tedesco, RTS and Smith. Other guys like the Trbos, Ponga and Haas should be around the 900k mark. Mitchell is worth 750k all day everyday and that's over valuing the kid and if his looking at offers over a mil its shit business.

As for the backs, like I said its more important to get other things right before the edges. Mitchell Is like putting mag wheels on a 2001 Camry, lets at least upgrade to a 2020 Camry before we add the bling.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Bateman isn’t available until 2022. Arrows good to go from 2021 and it wouldn’t surprise me if we landed him and wears Tolmans #8

Don’t be fooled by Arrows size. His leg drive is as good as there is out there and rolls forward all day long. Great offload also
I think his got a clause in his contract and looking for more doh...

I like Arrow and considering his got leadership qualities his worth looking at, though small men in the middle tend to breakdown quickly in my opinion.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think his got a clause in his contract and looking for more doh...

I like Arrow and considering his got leadership qualities his worth looking at, though small men in the middle tend to breakdown quickly in my opinion.
He may do but I just see him as being an unlikely target. If he needs a top up in his contract I’m sure he’ll get it there. Got his mates from the UK at the club. And the clubs going well overall.

Arrow at the Titans, different story.

Banned
Reaction score
Which players are we still paying part of their contact for in 2020 & how much? Mybe is one I guess who else Woods?

The payout to Des has zero impact on Salary cap.

Cash flow has zero impact on salary cap as clubs have to spend 95% of their salary cap regardless of financial performance.

In any event the statement of financial performance, statement of financial position and funds statement of the Canterbury football and leagues clubs are a matter of public record. The combined entity has a very strong balance sheet, is profitable and has an even stronger free cash flow.
Not sure, yet suspect that Des' payout would come under the staff cap.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact the club didn’t even make an offer to lattrell must mean that we have someone lined up but who??

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Look at the competition.. honestly... there are only two teams who you can say for certain will feature in the next few grand finals.. we might be coming out of a low period but we are finals football club
I don’t understand what your trying to base your opinion on.

We had the second worst for and against last year in the comp.

We have missed the 8 for multiple years now.

Up until the last 5 weeks we were fighting off the spoon. People are overlooking due to selective memory that we won as many games in the last month as the first 5 for crying out loud.

We can be as delusional as we want though we weren’t making the 8 and the pressure was off and we threw the ball around and certain teams didn’t turn up as they expected to collect points like we where the bye (which for 5/6 months was pretty fucking accurate).

Our roster hasn’t improved much at all (our best addition is a fringe backrower and we weren’t terrible weak in the backrow to begin with).

Multiple other rosters have added quality and also have the luxury of players returning from injury. Foran is gone.

There unfortunately nothing that supports what your trying to say other then “hope”.

Not being negative just being realistic.

I’m with you and anyone else that supports the Dogs and wants to see what you say. Though there is no realistic outlook that points to that.

All these people bagging Brady and brad etc because they say sign latrell or want a superstar. One thing to think of is there is very few superstars. None of them are coming here by the looks of things. Name a premiership without one...

Sorry we are kidding ourselves here and mediocrity has become accepted and tolerated unfortunately.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where is the “give it a fucking rest” option ?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tauekiaho would be ideal.
Taukheiho and Vaughan with Napz and RT on the bench, Dream.

Well that's what I would want the club to do before worrying about a dumb million dollar centre.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact the club didn’t even make an offer to lattrell must mean that we have someone lined up but who??
chris Mortimer.... Pay thinks he still has something footy left in him, great bloke and from the bush AND has the Bulldogs DNA

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id like jai arrow to replace tols
Theres no reason to replace Tolman. Apart from the top 7 or 8 forwards, the rest are not that exciting.
The reggies are short of good or reasonable forwards. I also would be chasing for Curtis Scott.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Where is the “give it a fucking rest” option ?
You'll find it on the "don't read the topic" feature.

Talk to the hand.

Get used to this for months, even years :grinning:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
chris Mortimer.... Pay thinks he still has something footy left in him, great bloke and from the bush AND has the Bulldogs DNA
Ah Mortimer, what an amazing Canterbury bloodline.

Chris might not of had the shear raw talent but definitely had/has more ticker the Lattrell look at me me, where's the camera, I cant do the Goanna that was GI's, how about the wombat, Mitchell..

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
We have junior halves, we recently recruited a junior from the eels.
Promotion and let them sink or swim.
Adversity is the core of dogs of war!
Bring it :D

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give wakeham/lewis a crack with cogger as back up wakeham is a tough little bugger i think will surprise alot of the kennels experts if he gets a run

Status
Not open for further replies.