Results are only viewable after voting.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If hes going to the tigers a mill or under our board needs to be shot
Isn't it like 1.3M a year? If that is true, the Tigers are absolute morons and I can totally understand why we went cold on him. The Tigers love paying overs and look where that has gotten them in recent years. They don't even want any of the clowns they signed on big money anymore.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't it like 1.3M a year? If that is true, the Tigers are absolute morons and I can totally understand why we went cold on him. The Tigers love paying overs and look where that has gotten them in recent years. They don't even want any of the clowns they signed on big money anymore.
Social media saying $1.3 the paper today said $800-$900k i agree with you tigers pay overs i reckon it would be $1.3 it just makes me wonder why we didn’t even make an offer

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Social media saying $1.3 the paper today said $800-$900k i agree with you tigers pay overs i reckon it would be $1.3 it just makes me wonder why we didn’t even make an offer
I would bet that we did, but no doubt had a max price that was well exceeded by others. Seems Latrell was doing a spot of fishing for the highest bidder.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Didn't Lattrell sign for the Tigers or something yesterday? Why are we even discussing this anymore, delete all threads about him.....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Tigers are going to pull the pin now too.....

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Scarred’: Wests Tigers stall on $3m contract for Latrell Mitchell

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
‘Scarred’: Wests Tigers stall on $3m contract for Latrell Mitchell
The Daily Telegraph has been told club directors want to conduct a comprehensive appraisal on Mitchell — on and off the field — before spending up to $3 million on the star player over three years.

Board members want Mitchell at Concord but will conduct a review on whether the player’s personality would mesh with renowned iron-fisted coach Michael Maguire.

The board wants to ensure the signing would be risk free.

Wests Tigers directors are still gun shy over hurriedly signing Josh Reynolds, Ben Matulino and Russell Packer to long-term deals worth more than $8 million three years ago after the club lost star players James Tedesco, Mitchell Moses and Aaron Woods.

“The board is undoubtedly scarred by what happened three years ago,” one source close to the club said.

Wests Tigers directors want to conduct a comprehensive appraisal on Latrell Mitchell. Picture: Getty Images

“The club rushed into some purchases where they paid ‘overs’. The club should have completed even deeper checks in relation to fitness, health etc.

“I’m certain the club won’t pay ‘overs’ for Latrell. There are some reservations.”

Reynolds, Matulino and Packer have had to overcome form loss and injury in attempting to justify their fat contracts.

It still appears likely Mitchell will join Wests Tigers from next season. Maguire will increase negotiations on his return from New Zealand Test duty on Monday.

All levels of the Tigers’ management are supportive of Mitchell but want to tread slowly and carefully before lodging a massive offer.

Maguire is renowned for his relentless coaching technique — a style which can unsettle some players, including the recently departed Ryan Matterson.

Wests Tigers want Mitchell to fully support Maguire’s coaching approach.

Mitchell wants to play fullback at Concord, where he could demand $1 million a season. Wests Tigers wouldn’t pay that amount for a left centre.

Rival clubs three years ago felt Wests Tigers quickly signed players to avoid humiliation after losing Tedesco, Woods and Moses in one hit.

“I think you’ll find the majority of the board would support signing Mitchell but there are still some concerns,” the source said.

“You need players that will fit in and Madge is a great coach and a tough coach. It’s his way or the highway and some players don’t like that.

“The club needs to know that any player that signs up will buy into that and will sign up to Madge’s culture.”

Wests Tigers directors noted Mitchell’s attitude toward NSW coach Brad Fittler when dropped after State of Origin I this year.

The Sydney Roosters want Mitchell moved on by next season, despite him having a contract at Bondi for 2020.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/e18a7c164bd98421d7969a2aa9025d11

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I fucking hope west fuck off and we manage to sort a deal now asap as I said even if Foran doesn’t retire (I hope he does both for his own future and ours) it just makes sense.

Our backline is fucking shit in the centres.

Latrell in makes a huge difference.

He and Dwz could rotate in plays too!

There is literally no good half option at all. We have cogger wakeham and Lewis to try for 2020 and if they flop we can make a play.

We already know holland and montoya are flops. Latrell is a top 5 back in my opinion and best centre in the game.

It’s a chance to add something now and plan ahead accordingly with Foran gone either now
Or 2021 if Lewis and cogger and wakeham can’t handle it.

Cmon dogs ffs.

Give us someone to be excited about!

Banned
Reaction score
Put your money where your mouth is, and fork out a couple hundrid townsend a year and become a 3rd party sponsor for Latrell to come over to the dogs
R U OK?
You're not having a stronk are you?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Latrell is offended by the quotes in the article and makes another Instagram post.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
3m over 3 years. 1m a year... get in there* board...
Look after the kid while he's going through a hard time and you'll be rewarded. He's legit a super star and fits everything we need...

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully and finally all gone by end of 2020

Foran
Tolman
Holland
Montoya
Sue
Crichton
Elliott
Cogger
C Smith

Bring in Latrell
Unfortunately Tolman is around 30 years old which means he will have another 3 years with us! We continue plodding along, in the mean time every other team is improving their roster! Our club has got us used to having low expectation, but one day we will make it back.......

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately Tolman is around 30 years old which means he will have another 3 years with us! We continue plodding along, in the mean time every other team is improving their roster! Our club has got us used to having low expectation, but one day we will make it back.......
*groans* BullPlodders

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I fucking hope west fuck off and we manage to sort a deal now asap as I said even if Foran doesn’t retire (I hope he does both for his own future and ours) it just makes sense.

Our backline is fucking shit in the centres.

Latrell in makes a huge difference.

He and Dwz could rotate in plays too!

There is literally no good half option at all. We have cogger wakeham and Lewis to try for 2020 and if they flop we can make a play.

We already know holland and montoya are flops. Latrell is a top 5 back in my opinion and best centre in the game.

It’s a chance to add something now and plan ahead accordingly with Foran gone either now
Or 2021 if Lewis and cogger and wakeham can’t handle it.

Cmon dogs ffs.

Give us someone to be excited about!
and let me guess if the above doesn't happen you'll hand in your membership for the 100th time?