Letter to Andrew Hill - just sent

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only way we will know the truth is if some sneaks a hidden mic in to the board meeting

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the thing kennellers.

What if at election time another ticket went to the election guaranteeing a major sponsor ( a household name) for arguments sake and 2 marquees...
Again guaranteed....

You think the current board will hold on with no sponsor and no marquees....

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

What if at election time another ticket went to the election guaranteeing a major sponsor ( a household name) for arguments sake and 2 marquees...
Again guaranteed....

be quite Dib

Last edited by a moderator:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Again guaranteed....

And who in their right mind would guarantee anything to a ‘ticket’ on the basis that they ‘might’ win?

You’d look pretty desperate publicly saying ‘I’ll back the club if these guys are in charge’.

Such tactics are dubious at best and should be viewed with the suspicion they deserve.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could you please explain where it was spent on themselves and on whom?
The club certainly has intentions of buying talented players. But there not rushing in and paying extremes.
didn't we do the maths last year? Both Morris bros gone, Eastwood gone, Aaron woods, mythbye gone.. That's 3 -4 million dollars and the only player we bought was dwz.

Where did the rest of the money go? I'm just speculating that they spent it on themselves but it's not that far fetched

Banned
Reaction score
be quite Dib Dib
Welcome back ALT account for...

didn't we do the maths last year? Both Morris bros gone, Eastwood gone, Aaron woods, mythbye gone.. That's 3 -4 million dollars and the only player we bought was dwz.

Where did the rest of the money go? I'm just speculating that they spent it on themselves but it's not that far fetched
Back ended deals, paying players to play for other clubs and a reduced salary cap compared to what the club expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you're right.

I don't want to harp on about it but I'd just be really interested to know if the majority of fans thought our recruitment committee should have made a formal offer (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell. The previous poll I saw on TK asked if we should sign him for 10 years. I personally voted no to that because I don't believe we should sign ANY player for 10 years but for 4 - 5 at the right price then yes.

IF multiple recent media reports are true we may have been a chance at 850K a season from 2021 for him to play fullback even. From what I've read on here many fans would have liked us to at least make a "competitive" offer rather than none. It was also reported our board were in disagreement over a price. I seriously hope that wasn't the real main reason we decided not to make a formal offer in the end because if it is then that's just shit management I'm affraid.

If someone could arrange a poll on TK asking this simple question it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how to technically do it plus I'm hesitant to create another post under my name now for obvious reasons.
What if they already have?

Recruitment is closer to chess than checkers!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if they already have?

Recruitment is closer to chess than checkers!
Why would they come out and state publicly they're not going to make an offer if they already had ? It would leave them open to someone calling them liars. I think they just wouldn't comment.

Just seems a bit strange there were "multiple" reports Latrell was meeting a director at the director's home, then we heard the board couldn't agree on a price to offer, then they make an official club statement (when they really didn't need to) stating they won't be making any official offer.

Just all raises suspicion that they could be a bunch of amateurs as far as negotiation skills go anyway (and they have virtually no experience at negotiating with players someone raised here which seems true). I hope some journo rings Manu's manager and a few others to get their opinions on how the Dogs recruitment team conduct business and does a story about it.

Banned
Reaction score
Why would they come out and state publicly they're not going to make an offer if they already had ? It would leave them open to someone calling them liars. I think they just wouldn't comment.

Just seems a bit strange there were "multiple" reports Latrell was meeting a director at the director's home, then we heard the board couldn't agree on a price to offer, then they make an official club statement (when they really didn't need to) stating they won't be making any official offer.

Just all raises suspicion that they could be a bunch of amateurs as far as negotiation skills go anyway (and they have virtually no experience at negotiating with players someone raised here which seems true). I hope some journo rings Manu's manager and a few others to get their opinions on how the Dogs recruitment team conduct business and does a story about it.
See the first line you quoted of mine?
Look below it and you will find a second line, with the answer to your question!

Why not conduct independent investigations and form your own article?

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Maybe alot of the kennel dont believe Latrell is a worthy signing. Therefore dont need to write to the CEO as we feel they are doing a great job.

I respect @bradtalo passion for the club. I just feel on this one he is wasting his time and effort. Even on the kennel poll majority dont want latrell...

Time will tell up the doggies! !!
You make a very good point. You will however most likely agree, that whenever someone decides to be proactive and reach out to the Club, we have a choir of naysayers that already decided a voice for principles and purposeful change has no value because those in power can ignore you, which means you may as well give up for the fear of wasting your time! LOL

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe you shouldn't give up so easy. They do actually read some letters you know. I and a few others on here had replies from Raelene last year. Dib also called me a couple of years ago and we spoke for nearly an hour (not long before Des got sacked). The club have a professional media monitoring service to get feedback. They need to hear the voices of unhappy fans. I'd encourage you to contact them also unless you're totally happy with the performance of the recruitment committee at the moment and the shrinking group of players available each day for 2021
But Im happy we are not pursing Mitchell having thought about it. Theres much that the media havent said as they probably dont know as background to Mitchell...suffice to say he doesnt suit our Club. Leave the decision making to the Club...thats what they get paid to do. Accept the decisions of the Club or vote out the Board. Well done Andrew Hill coming out to hose down the hysterical persistent Mitchell talk. Onwards we march Mitchelless.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did some research. Our current recruitment committee is made up of Lynne Anderson, Andrew Hill, Steve Price, Mark Hughes, Dave Hamilton and Dean Pay.

Hughes and Hamilton focus on identifying young up and coming players only (as in lower grades)

Hill has no experience at all in previous roles in recruiting players before he joined the Dogs as CEO. Why was he the one who flew to the UK to negotiate with players ?

Nor does Lynne Anderson, Steve Price (before joining our board) or Dean Pay.

In these we trust our future ?

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Hill probably skimmed the letter and thought, "Pfft! Another nonperforming expert from the kennel..."

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Again guaranteed....

Yes

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I did some research. Our current recruitment committee is made up of Lynne Anderson, Andrew Hill, Steve Price, Mark Hughes, Dave Hamilton and Dean Pay.

Hughes and Hamilton focus on identifying young up and coming players only (as in lower grades)

Hill has no experience at all in previous rolls in recruiting players before he joined the Dogs as CEO. Why was he the one who flew to the UK to negotiate with players ?

You told Andrew Hill the FACT that we didn’t have a recruitment manager haha. Maybe do your research a bit earlier next time

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you're right.

I don't want to harp on about it but I'd just be really interested to know if the majority of fans thought our recruitment committee should have made a formal offer (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell. The previous poll I saw on TK asked if we should sign him for 10 years. I personally voted no to that because I don't believe we should sign ANY player for 10 years but for 4 - 5 at the right price then yes.

IF multiple recent media reports are true we may have been a chance at 850K a season from 2021 for him to play fullback even. From what I've read on here many fans would have liked us to at least make a "competitive" offer rather than none. It was also reported our board were in disagreement over a price. I seriously hope that wasn't the real main reason we decided not to make a formal offer in the end because if it is then that's just shit management I'm affraid.

If someone could arrange a poll on TK asking this simple question it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how to technically do it plus I'm hesitant to create another post under my name now for obvious reasons.
Who's to say we didn't make a formal offer and the offer was not what he wanted? Do you have evidence to say we did or didn''t make a formal offer or are you going by what the media are speculating?

We probably offered him $850k to play centre because we have DWZ at fullback but Mitchell wanting to play fullback refused it. Have you considered that?

Look how many clubs have dropped off from signing him. All probably for the same reasons we did, who knows?!! We aren't there to see what's going on. What I am saying is we know jack shit what goes on around the negotiations table and to give it to Hill and the Board without knowing the true facts is just stupid.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Hill has no experience at all in previous rolls in recruiting players before he joined the Dogs as CEO. Why was he the one who flew to the UK to negotiate with players ?

Scandalous that Hill has no experience with previous rolls. You’d at least think he’d had a sausage roll in his time. Oh, you meant role.

The thing is Brad - you have absolutely no idea, just like the rest of us, why he went to the UK (twice). All the bleaters on here and I’m sure the reliable scribes from the Terrorgraph were sure he was going to sign Holbrook to coach or Thompson to play yet the club says they never wanted Holbrook and have said nothing about any players - so no-one apart from club insiders knows the truth.

Oh, but he failed in his mission, didn’t he, because you can’t see some instant result.

You need to learn more about strategy big fella.
I can recommend some books if you’d like.