Foran to retire !

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brody croft is no better than what we have at club level cody walker is a gun at club level

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I truly hope he does and then we go for fucking latrell.

Best thing for him
And his body and future.
Move into coaching role for our young Halves.

Get latrell in to improve our backline where our biggest weakness is in montoya or holland.

Then next year we can see how cogger Lewis wakeham go and if no good we have funds and time to recruit a worthy 6/7
By the time it’s all sorted out lateral will have signed with the tigers

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i do hope this is correct, foran unfortunately is to susceptible to injuries these days to keep on playing, in his prime there were few any better

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Foran signing has ultimately been a failure and the decision to offer him a 3 year deal has proved to be diabolical.
He can’t stay healthy and will probably end up playing less than half the games he was eligible to play in for us. That’s not value for money even at a minimum of $500k a year being a conservative guesstimate

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
As far as I am aware, Matt Gillett is retired as of now? What was the reason for his retirement? Is it still on their cap or not?

Is Darius Boyd retired?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as I am aware, Matt Gillett is retired as of now? What was the reason for his retirement? Is it still on their cap or not?

Is Darius Boyd retired?
Gilletts seems similar to foz just constant injuries enough is enough pretty sure hes not on cap

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Is Darius Boyd retired?
Yeah Gillett conducted a press conference and everything. I think you will find it was his neck, amongst other injuries. If they retire before the start of another season surely that would not go against the Cap.

Edit: Sorry shoulder beyond repair.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/d272a37ebdcb61eec125639bb2137ca9

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Club don’t want him.
Don't think anybody does but we are going into a season with three very raw halves... Should be interesting but what happens if we need an old head?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cody Walker is asking for in excess of $800k and Souths said “NO” straight away and told him he could go to the open market for a reason. He isn’t a creative half or someone who can control a game. A lot of what he does is individual brilliance and even that works every so often. Bulldogs need a controlling half with a good kicking game and experience.
Don't think CW has an ounce of game management in him... His footy revolves around a controlling half and a quick footed hooker.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
Agree with most. Time for him to give it away. Big heart tough just unlucky. Poor kid. He will get free tix to NZ for life

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 very raw halves next yr... What if we need an old head? I don't rate him but I had a look, there is nobody else unless u look towards the ESL.
Brodie Croft is available. Storm don’t want him. He doesn’t want to be there BUT storm don’t want to pay any of his $400k towards another team taking him. $400k is a steal for Croft until 2021 and then Dogs can reassess their plans.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cody Walker is asking for in excess of $800k and Souths said “NO” straight away and told him he could go to the open market for a reason. He isn’t a creative half or someone who can control a game. A lot of what he does is individual brilliance and even that works every so often. Bulldogs need a controlling half with a good kicking game and experience.
100% our last play options have been woeful for years. The kicking game is what we lacked even when we went on that good run of form towards the end of the year.