Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Another issue over the years has been not so much about recruitment, rather the retention.

We let blokes like Finucane and Cook go when we should never had.

We have potential there with Wakeham, Averillo and Tyrone Harding (reminds me of Curtis Rona). The club needs to ensure they lock up these players along with pumping as much resources and quality coaches as required to bring them through.

Would love to see Noddy working with Wakeham.

One thing about the Roosters and Storm, which a lot of people here dont get, is that they have the best of the best in every part of the football department....
I agree.
Apart from money another key mistake was giving Hasler (and Dib) too much power.

Finucane = T-Rex
Cook = Liccha

In retaining Cook, we were only $50k apart from what Soufs were offering at the time.

Obviously his value is a lot higher today, but this would’ve been a shrewd business decision if made by a committee of more than one.

Sure, at the time no-one knew Cook would become the NSW & Australian rake, but we’d seen enough good glimpses of him to know we should’ve kept him on what was then a relatively modest salary.

Shorter term contracts with players who earn their extensions and upgrades is the go - not 4 year massive coin deals that can (and have) gone so badly wrong.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Another issue over the years has been not so much about recruitment, rather the retention.

We let blokes like Finucane and Cook go when we should never had.

We have potential there with Wakeham, Averillo and Tyrone Harding (reminds me of Curtis Rona). The club needs to ensure they lock up these players along with pumping as much resources and quality coaches as required to bring them through.

Would love to see Noddy working with Wakeham.

One thing about the Roosters and Storm, which a lot of people here dont get, is that they have the best of the best in every part of the football department....
Finucane kills me. All we had to do was give him the minutes and starting position he deserved yet we went ahead and gave Eastwood an upgraded extension and released Finucane to the Storm, I bet Bellamy still laughs about that.

Yh we definitely need a constant stream of youth coming through, not all of them will get the opportunity or be stars but we need a solid base there that we can look to pull players from instead of looking elsewhere. This will give us more wiggle room and options within the cap, you have an above average to star player coming through then you get a season of two of them on unders providing good value...you have a big earner attracting attention then instead of paying overs you blood a youngster on a lower wage...

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Finucane kills me. All we had to do was give him the minutes and starting position he deserved yet we went ahead and gave Eastwood an upgraded extension and released Finucane to the Storm, I bet Bellamy still laughs about that.

Yh we definitely need a constant stream of youth coming through, not all of them will get the opportunity or be stars but we need a solid base there that we can look to pull players from instead of looking elsewhere. This will give us more wiggle room and options within the cap, you have an above average to star player coming through then you get a season of two of them on unders providing good value...you have a big earner attracting attention then instead of paying overs you blood a youngster on a lower wage...
Absolutely spot on

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Sancho, this is your second quality post today.
You might need to go for a walk - you’re exceeding the Kennel quota.

;-) - keep up the good work, champ!

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If latrell does go to the tigers and becomes leading point scorer again, are the anti latrell advocates still going to say we dodged a bullet?

Its criminal to pass on such a talent.... rewind to the round 8 game against the Tigers, TK was in uproar on how Cleal allowed such a prodigy to slip through our fingers

I'll never forgive the club for passing on him twice.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If latrell does go to the tigers and becomes leading point scorer again, are the anti latrell advocates still going to say we dodged a bullet?

Its criminal to pass on such a talent.... rewind to the round 8 game against the Tigers TK was in uproar on how Cleal allowed such a prodigy to slip through our fingers

How about the flip side to that coin, he goes to the tigers on a massive wage and caves due to the amount of pressure to perform at fb consistently. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he shines at the rooters due to their whole team, not just his individual brilliance

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the flip side to that coin, he goes to the tigers on a massive wage and caves due to the amount of pressure to perform at fb consistently. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he shines at the rooters due to their whole team, not just his individual brilliance
I really don't understand why every other Rooster player is getting all the credit for Latrells highlight reels...

I've seen the kid time and time again carve up whole teams completely on his own...

I see your point but still can't see him flopping at his next team... you don't make SOO and Australian sides because you've got good teammates at club level.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Its criminal to pass on such a talent.... rewind to the round 8 game against the Tigers TK was in uproar on how Cleal allowed such a prodigy to slip through our fingers

Most are arguing about the money his worth not his talent

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most are arguing about the money his worth not his talent
I personally think he'd be worth every penny.

The club has been saying all year that were poised and prepared to splash to sign a marquee player for 2021... yet were passing on the leading point scorer when we've struggled with points for so many years now?

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is this still a thread? Lock it and please no more discussion on it. Fuck me drunk.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until the bloke signs somewhere officially then there's still a discussion to be had...

How many times have we seen clubs release statements about retention and recruitment only to do the exact opposite.

Look at Souths and James Roberts... Bennett denied any interest yet a week later he was a souths player.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Until the bloke signs somewhere officially then there's still a discussion to be had...

How many times have we seen clubs release statements about retention and recruitment only to do the exact opposite.

Look at Souths and James Roberts... Bennett denied any interest yet a week later was a souths player.
That's skeletor though, he always tries to play "mind games" with the media and just comes across as a senile goon. The club said we aren't in negotiations to him so I believe that. If you want to believe he's still an option then by all means, you're entitled

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.we do need a goalkicker ...don't we ???

The last bloke that looked anywhere remotely like a good goalkicker we shipped off to the UK..

Wise decision, our best game breaking forward and the leading percentage Goalkicker in the nrl At the time....

Geez we are dumb

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please arrange a fan poll on the simple question - Should our recruitment team have made a formal offer (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell ?

Last poll I saw asked if we should sign him for 10 years (was it also asking at 1M a season from memory). I personally voted no simply because I didn't think we should sign him OR ANYONE for 10 years but for 4 or 5 years I'd vote yes at the right price. We'd be a chance now at 850K a season for 4-5 years with him agreeing to playing fullback it seems. Why not make some offer rather than just rule it out totally. I definitely don't want to see the Roosters extend him for unders. Why would we let them and other clubs know PUBLICLY even that we're not in competition ? Wouldn't it be best for our club to push up his price for everyone else ?

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone please arrange a fan poll on the simple question - Should our recruitment team have made a formal offer (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell ?

Last poll I saw asked if we should sign him for 10 years (was it also asking at 1M a season from memory). I personally voted no simply because I didn't think we should sign him OR ANYONE for 10 years but for 4 or 5 years I'd vote yes at the right price. We'd be a chance now at 850K a season for 4-5 years with him agreeing to playing fullback it seems. Why not make some offer rather than just rule it out totally. I definitely don't want to see the Roosters extend him for unders. Why would we let them and other clubs know PUBLICLY even that we're not in competition ? Wouldn't it be best for our club to push up his price for everyone else ?
If that important, you can, right?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I personally think he'd be worth every penny.

The club has been saying all year that were poised and prepared to splash to sign a marquee player for 2021... yet were passing on the leading point scorer when we've struggled with points for so many years now?
Put your money where your mouth is, and fork out a couple hundrid townsend a year and become a 3rd party sponsor for Latrell to come over to the dogs