Letter to Andrew Hill - just sent

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I consciously try not to, knowing how confusing it can be if I do so for the third party/ies.
I never intended to give that impression sorry. Yes I probably should avoid using that term in future. It's a lazy habit a lot of people like me use unfortunately.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least raelene had the balls to put a blueprint together like 2 grand final wins by a certain year etc etc ...
Unlike the current lot
Not arguing with that and jury still out on current Board etc, but I wouldn't say Finance, Compliance, Due Diligence or coach management were Raelene's strong points.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not wrong about being in a hole.

Come to think of it, I do believe we lack experience in negotiating player contracts and recruitment....

Andrew hill, previous to the dogs what experience or what players has he ever signed in the past? What about any long standing relationships or as a matter of fact any relationships with player managers? Zip zero nada??

What about our ex - captain Stephen price what experience does he have in negotiating and recruiting players? Zip zero nada....??

What about our recruitment manager what is his claim to fame?? Any notable scalps....

I think Lynne needs to step in and close a big one,we need our hurting fans to get excited again and get them engaged with the mighty bulldogs.

We need them to start buying memberships and jerseys right now !!

Sign latrell
I don’t think that’s the case Brad.
No-one suggesting the current administrators are flawless and have it 100% correct.
I think the real issue is that they need more time. They’ve done well to get us most of the way out of a large hole, but we’re still not totally out of it. Stay the course...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not wrong about being in a hole.

Come to think of it, I do believe we lack experience in negotiation player contracts and recruitment....

Andrew hill, previous to the dogs what experience or what players has he ever signed in the past? What about any long standing relationships or as a matter of fact any relationships with player managers? Zip zero nada??

What about our ex - captain Stephen price what experience does he have in negotiating and recruiting players? Zip zero nada....??

What about our recruitment manager what is his claim to fame?? Any notable scalps....

I think Lynne needs to step in and close a big one,we need our hurting fans to get excited again and get themengaged with the mighty bulldogs.

We need them to start buying memberships and jerseys right now !!

Sign latrell
Yes interesting points I'd like to know also

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At least raelene had the balls to put a blueprint together like 2 grand final wins by a certain year etc etc ...
Unlike the current lot
Not defending the current board but castle said two grandfinal wins by 2019 and saying she failed to deliver would be a massive understatement

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think she was the scapegoat for dibs fuck ups.

If they kept her on until 2019 and it did not come off then you can say it was unsuccessful.

A bit harsh blaming her

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think she was the scapegoat for dibs fuck ups.

If they kept her on until 2019 and it did not come off then you can say it was unsuccessful.

A bit harsh blaming her
I blame Dib 40%, Raelene 40% and Des 20%. Dib and Raelene should have seen Des' shortcomings sooner had someone else look after recruitment, rentention and contracts plus stopped all the back ended deals.

Banned
Reaction score
I blame them all equally.
They knew what they all were doing.
No excuses, they all own the mess we're in now and hope it comes to bite them all in the arse.

Banned
Reaction score
They're trying to find his address, so they can reply in person!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any reply yet?
Yes he said they don't care about member feedback because they'll just accept whatever he and the board do with no questions asked because he's smarter than the dumb fans and they know it. Oh and even if we don't buy anyone else for 2020 or 2021 he's pretty confident we won't get the spoon so we should all be happy. Oh and his negotiating skills are fine because he managed to help talk 3 current players into extensions (for MORE money) AND he recently negotiated free tint when he accepted a new car from Politis.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
Yes he said they don't care about member feedback because they'll just accept whatever he and the board do with no questions asked because he's smarter than the dumb fans and they know it. Oh and even if we don't buy anyone else for 2020 or 2021 he's pretty confident we won't get the spoon so we should all be happy. Oh and his negotiating skills are fine because he managed to help talk 3 current players into extensions for more money AND he recently negotiated free tint when he accepted a new car from Politis.
I sense a hint of sarcasm in your post there...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sense a hint of sarcasm in your post there...
Yes you're right.

I don't want to harp on about it but I'd just be really interested to know if the majority of fans thought our recruitment committee should have made a formal offer (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell. The previous poll I saw on TK asked if we should sign him for 10 years. I personally voted no to that because I don't believe we should sign ANY player for 10 years but for 4 - 5 at the right price then yes.

IF multiple recent media reports are true we may have been a chance at 850K a season from 2021 for him to play fullback even. From what I've read on here many fans would have liked us to at least make a "competitive" offer rather than none. It was also reported our board were in disagreement over a price. I seriously hope that wasn't the real main reason we decided not to make a formal offer in the end because if it is then that's just shit management I'm affraid.

If someone could arrange a poll on TK asking this simple question it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how to technically do it plus I'm hesitant to create another post under my name now for obvious reasons.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh give the kid a break.

He only saying what other fans are thinking particularly the lackey boys on here representing the board who are afraid to genuinely voice there own opinions because they may miss out on a free feed, booze and tickets to the game....
They're trying to find his address, so they can reply in person!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh give the kid a break.

He only saying what other fans are thinking particularly the lackey boys on here representing the board who are afraid to genuinely voice there own opinions because they may miss out on a free feed, booze and tickets to the game....
:o

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unlike the current lot
I will leave the balls comment alone because in these days of political correctness gone mad...:tearsofjoy: But the fact is I think the jury is still out on her except for the Netball gig where she excelled. She left us in no better place than she found us and Rugby (although not all her fault) is a complete elitist basket case and she is like a one armed swimmer in quicksand.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh give the kid a break.