Foran to retire !

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he does retire I would be keen to know how much salary cap he frees up. Why do I sense he's on way more than we all believe.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If true, The 1 million dollar question for mine is, does the club go after another marquee play maker to replace Foran ? Or stick with our three young guys and strengthen other positions ?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Seriously it’s time and Fucking sign latrell! there is no half worth signing now.

Get latrell add a top 5 back to our backline and play cogger/Lewis/wakeham next year with Foran as a coach.

See how 2020 goes with those guys and if they can’t handle
It we have the cap and the time
To add quality.

While adding a star back now to our weakest position while one is available. Makes perfect fucking sense.

The only thing is worth the ceo saying what he has he has to change the tune though having a free mil or
So to play with makes a different discussion now surely!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed with the club’s comments. Pathetic I feel, but it’s done
Until knowing the reasons why they pulled out I can't really slag them. I just hope they offered 900k-1m and the Tigers offer made them pull it. The indecision between officials/board is a worry tho. It shows that they're not on the same page regarding recruitment - their method. If he ends up somewhere for less then 900k I'll be fuming. It's also possible not having the funds to fit him in for 2020 made it impossible but if Foran does get medically retired you'd think we'd have enough.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Mitchell has committed to the Tigers. 1.3 M for 3 years.
I would like to see the club persue Curtis Scott.
I doubt Melbourne will let him go now that chambers is gone. Would be nice though

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love Fozzy, but I hope he does retire, better to look after his body an mental health..!! As long as he hangs around the club as I said many times previous that will be a bonus.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If true, The 1 million dollar question for mine is, does the club go after another marquee play maker to replace Foran ? Or stick with our three young guys and strengthen other positions ?
Maybe stick with what we got and try and upgrade some of the players around them. Not sure there are any halves worth going after. We might have a dab at Siezer though..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only half on the market that’s marquee level is Milf. Don’t think I’d be too keen signing him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would seriously be giving Wakeham the 7 jersey for the start next year and give him a decent crack at FG. The internationals have shown he is well and truly up to the standard and could be our long term halfback and goalkicker.

I would still have a crack at David Fifita and in watching both of the Pommie props the other night I didn't see much to hoot about.

Papenhausen is another must target player and is probably the only player I would consider moving DWZ for.

With Lattrell apparently going to Tigers I would try in house to fill the spot (no not Holland or Montboreyou), maybe that Averillo, he's a centre isn't he?

I would take a wider birth than his waist line on BJ an iceream.

I would jump all over those reports of Addo Carr wanting to come to Sydney!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Only half on the market that’s marquee level is Milf. Don’t think I’d be too keen signing him.
A Half that best attributes are individual. He's been crying out for years to have a dominant Half beside him at the Broncos. Very talented, dangerous running game. If people didn't want Latrell this guy makes even less sense. The Tigers were the ones linked with him recently? They're going for Latrell over him.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A Half that best attributes are individual. He's been crying out for years to have a dominant Half beside him at the Broncos. Very talented, dangerous running game. If people didn't want Latrell this guy makes even less sense. The Tigers were the ones linked with him recently? They're going for Latrell over him.
Yeah definitely, like Ben Hunt and Mitchell Pearce. The guy can't be a dominant halfback, and we don't have one here.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Milfs lazy games are more common than Mitchell’s. And I think Mitchell would go to another level in a less star studded team.

both are game breakers when on.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Croft? Wants out of Storm. Would come at $500K and could get storm to pay some of that for 2 years. That would still leave over a mil to get a strike outside back.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What about Croft? Wants out of Storm. Would come at $500K and could get storm to pay some of that for 2 years. That would still leave over a mil to get a strike outside back.
Storm aren't willing to contribute. A big reason why the Broncos pulled out. Is he on 500k? I still think the best thing to do is use Lewis (or Cogger for the Cogger fan boys) and Wakeham. We should upgrade in other areas.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not a fan of Croft. Doesn't seem really good. Interestingly enough it has been said that Cooper Cronk did not approve of bringing Kyle Flanagan from Cronulla to be his replacement at the Roosters. Cronk thought Croft was the man to go for.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
plagued with injury, much a shame, when he is fit he is very dangerous and a player we needed.

however, its time. He needs to retire. Unfair on the whole team.