Wakeham Nominated for Golden Boot

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm watching Fiji v Kumuls now..Wakeham very composed..needs to up his D tho
Martin going well. There's a bit of talent on show....but they are wrapped up as well it appears.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like Wakeham has a lead boot rather then a golden one today! His kicking game had been all over the shop and he’s over cooked so many.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what Pay should be doing i hope he reads this and takes note.
We need a coach who is willing to try different things and mix it up.
Now, now...solid first graders don’t do that! You stay in your lane and play percentage football.

No risks. Mediocrity Rules !!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Golden Boot award is now a farce.
Last year a winger for England won & this year another wood duck will win it.
James Tedesco wasn’t even nominated
Mankinson is good though. Certainly not the best player in the game but he's class

Banned
Reaction score
Hope he smashes it and rubs egg in the face of all of his know-all detractors.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bench Kieran and play Wakeham/Cogger... Need to find another position for Lewis because he needs to be in the team... 1%er players are the most valuable in the big games

Kieran might be our best half but it's going to hold the other guys back from forming continuity having one guy come in for 3 games then missing 10
If only we didn’t resign JMK then Lewis could play hooker and cover halves or lock in an emergency. Offers so much more. Don’t think we’ll see much more of Foran so surely Wakeham gets a good go in FG. I know I sound like a broken record. Is that Aussie slang?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If only we didn’t resign JMK then Lewis could play hooker and cover halves or lock in an emergency. Offers so much more. Don’t think we’ll see much more of Foran so surely Wakeham gets a good go in FG. I know I sound like a broken record. Is that Aussie slang?
for sure.. or if we didn't sign the Penrith hooker Lewis and JMK could have rotated..

The club should offer Foz a halves coaching role so that he can retire... win for both club and player.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The simple fact is that you can't judge a young player based on limited performances in the NRL. These rep games are great for the sake of the developing nations. But the quality gap between nations is noticeable.

I really hope that Wakeham is retained at the club. I don't think he's shown enough to demand a starting spot yet. But with Foran out of action his path to the NRL opens up a little. It's up to him to perform and demand selection.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for sure.. or if we didn't sign the Penrith hooker Lewis and JMK could have rotated..

The club should offer Foz a halves coaching role so that he can retire... win for both club and player.
Only Souths could do something like that.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like Wakeham has a lead boot rather then a golden one today! His kicking game had been all over the shop and he’s over cooked so many.
His kicking game has been poor every time I’ve seen him play

But nah that’s not important as a halfback according to most here

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The simple fact is that you can't judge a young player based on limited performances in the NRL. These rep games are great for the sake of the developing nations. But the quality gap between nations is noticeable.

I really hope that Wakeham is retained at the club. I don't think he's shown enough to demand a starting spot yet. But with Foran out of action his path to the NRL opens up a little. It's up to him to perform and demand selection.
Agree but put both Cogger or Lewis in the Fiji team as controlling halfback.

I really can't see them doing as well and I reckon Kikau agrees.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His kicking game has been poor every time I’ve seen him play

But nah that’s not important as a halfback according to most here
I have seen him have brilliant days with the boot both in general play and goal kicking in the lower grades. He’s a young half he’s going to have days like yesterday every so often.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He's either been the best or one of the best in their team in all of their games of late. He would be my number 7 for round 1 next year.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd give Wakeham a few games in C'bury cup to start 2020. Tell him to own the side and give Pay no choice but to pick him in firsts.

He get's himself in good positions on the 4th / 5th tackles but drifts in and out of games from what I've seen - not surprising for a young half though. I'd just prefer to start the season with more experience in the halves but I'm sure he'll get a go sometime early in the season.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he has shown glimpses of great skill and is extremely well at reading plays,also understands the importance of backing up a lead runner
This is the time to form and trust a good combination 6 & 7
No more chopping and changing especially with Foran out indefinitely
It’s essential moving forward as a club

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Remember Wakeham was the only half in the team.
They put Kevin Naiqama into the centers and had an extra forward into the middle.
It wasn't Wakehams best game he looked abit tired.
I really like how the coach thinks out of the box it would be nice if we had one of them.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shortlist for Golden Boot but Horse doesn’t think hes good enough for our struggling club hahaha

He should be starting in the halves next season now that Forans gone