Poll: Will the bulldogs make a big signing in the next 12 months?

Will the Bulldogs make a big signing in the next 12 months?

• Yes

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 63 59.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm willing to slightly over pay for our first marque signing, to attract other players.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
100% they're not coming because our club won't offer overs (apparently). They also haven't signed the contract yet it was just reported the Sea Eagles offered them one? Why haven't they signed?
Overs? Please.
They were never leaving the Northern Beaches.
They are on record saying they would stay at Manly for less money, that’s how much they love the joint. ‘Overs’ was never going to work in this case.

And you’re 100% in the know of the status of their contracts right? There’s no cooling off period, no pending medical checks, no waiting to clarify potential TPA’s, no negotiating their managers cut depending on how much they got from the club and most importantly, waiting for the NRL to actually register the contract!

You think a club throws a contract on the table, the player signs and it’s announced the same day? Not even close to reality.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Overs? Please.
They were never leaving the Northern Beaches.
They are on record saying they would stay at Manly for less money, that’s how much they love the joint. ‘Overs’ was never going to work in this case.

And you’re 100% in the know of the status of their contracts right? There’s no cooling off period, no pending medical checks, no waiting to clarify potential TPA’s, no negotiating their managers cut depending on how much they got from the club and most importantly, waiting for the NRL to actually register the contract!

You think a club throws a contract on the table, the player signs and it’s announced the same day? Not even close to reality.
It isn't official they've resigned so you can't say they're locked up for 5 years. It's possible there's another reason they waited until after November and why they still haven't signed. Also they're also on record saying anything is possible. They'd like to play together. Nothing 100% certain. Using that logic there's a chance Latrell has already signed with us and Hill saying we will not peruse an interest in Latrell is irrelevant.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They're not locked up for 5 years? Your facts aren't right. They probably will be but they're not yet.
Geez mate - now you’re really clutching at straws!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Geez mate - now you’re really clutching at straws!
Just like when people try to defend that we're not the last Sydney club a player would want to sign for.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It isn't official they've resigned so you can't say they're locked up for 5 years. It's possible there's another reason they waited until after November and why they still haven't signed. Also they're also on record saying anything is possible. They'd like to play together. Nothing 100% certain. Using that logic there's a chance Latrell has already signed with us and Hill saying we will not peruse an interest in Latrell is irrelevant.
Enjoy your pipe dreams.
If I’m wrong, I’ll load my plate with humble pie.
Something tells me I won’t be very hungry.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just like when people try to defend that we're not the last Sydney club a player would want to sign for.
I’m one of those people.
I don’t buy that at all.

2020 is our last year of the mess Dib and Co. got us into.

We will see recruitment for 2021 soon enough.

Why do people think mass signings get announced on 1 November?

Can you name a player signed to change clubs for 2021 that’s been announced? I can’t.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m one of those people.
I don’t buy that at all.

2020 is our last year of the mess Dib and Co. got us into.

We will see recruitment for 2021 soon enough.

Why do people think mass signings get announced on 1 November?

Can you name a player signed to change clubs for 2021 that’s been announced? I can’t.
I don't. I think 2021 signings need to be done before the start of next season tho. Also the longer we wait the more players off contract that will be locked up. If we haven't signed anyone before the start of next season I'm expecting panic buys. A lot of my opinions are for if we're going to be competitive for 2021. If our plan isn't to be competitive in 2021 we can wait a few more years afterwards to sign the right players off contract. I think we've waited long enough tho. Change clubs or retained are the same thing. I'll name you a player. Manu. You just said the Trbojevic brothers even tho that isn't accurate.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't. I think 2021 signings need to be done before the start of next season tho. Also the longer we wait the more players off contract that will be locked up. If we haven't signed anyone before the start of next season I'm expecting panic buys. A lot of my opinions are for if we're going to be competitive for 2021. If our plan isn't to be competitive in 2021 we can wait a few more years afterwards to sign the right players off contract. I think we've waited long enough tho.
Mate, it’s November.
Kick-off isn’t until March.
Even take out Christmas or January holidays and there’s still LOADS of time. Chill out.
We all want the same thing, but bleating that the club is doing so badly when there’s simply so much none of us know is not helpful.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate, it’s November.
Kick-off isn’t until March.
Even take out Christmas or January holidays and there’s still LOADS of time. Chill out.
We all want the same thing, but bleating that the club is doing so badly when there’s simply so much none of us know is not helpful.
I don't think I've gone to hard on the club if at all. I see it one way tho and I'll need to see something for my opinion to be changed. The more players signing/resigning the less faith I'm going to have tho.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think I've gone to hard on the club if at all. I see it one way tho and I'll need to see something for my opinion to be changed. The more players signing/resigning the less faith I'm going to have tho.
Fair enough mate. To each their own.
Have a good weekend.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
If they believe their positions are on the line they will but will be forced to pay overs for them.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
cronulla weren’t any better with
Barba, Ennis, Fifita, Prior, heighington, Lewis, Gallen, Maloney, Graham, Tagataese, Beale etc
Considering they were busted cheating the cap both sides of there 2016 premiership I do believe the nrl has done a JFK coverup.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When i say big name, im talking marquee status
e.g Latrell mitchell.
We need at least 1 big name, will we make one?
If not then bye bye board
Latrell m
When i say big name, im talking marquee status
e.g Latrell mitchell.
We need at least 1 big name, will we make one?
If not then bye bye board
latrell mitchell isn’t worth 1 million a season. There is a lot happening I think we will get Joey Leilua and Zac Lomax cheaper ave better

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Latrell m

latrell mitchell isn’t worth 1 million a season. There is a lot happening I think we will get Joey Leilua and Zac Lomax cheaper ave better
Leilua at what 30 and injury riddled for no doubt 600k+?

Yep sounds like us. Fucking

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep harping on it, but we are more likely to feature in another GF soon than a lot of the other teams in the comp, obviously barring Storm, Roosters... another Dallin type signing or two could really make us a force

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guarantee you the club will be making 3 major signings

1. AlzBulldog as head or recruitment

2. Bradyk as head of accounting, finances and salary cap distributions

3. Bradtalo as media executive

Status
Not open for further replies.