Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths could be the sleeper when the NRL cave on Burgess but I couldn’t see too many other clubs having the money for 2020 besides the Tigers and Cowboys.
They’re not sleeping- Mitchell’s
family are all rabid bunnies supporters ( including his influential dad). He apparently agreed to negotiate with Souths back in June; this is when Latrell’s woes with the Chooks started. Mundine is a family friend of the Mitchell’s & is also close friends with the Cooreys(no pun intended) & the uncle of Reimis- so we have a connection.
The Bunnies are focussing on Frizzell as a replacement for Burgess, having also lost experienced big bodies G Burgess & Sutton as well

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are we going to sign Mtichell? Who know? Who's going to sign him? Who's knows? Do we know 100% on any decision he's made? NO.

The reality is that we know fuck all about it. No matter what the club is pushing out, we really don't know the whole story behind everything. Of course he's a massive talent and of course it'd be great having him here with us. But everything has a price and as a club it's important that we set a price and stick to it.

Our recruitment has sucked for years so it's hard to be patient with our club. I understand and I feel the same. Sign someone good damn it! But it's best that they make good well-thought out decision rather than rush them.

Let's try to be patient and see what happens. Then let's judge.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anybody watch the 2006 dogs v warriors golden point win on Fox? Rookie Ben Roberts pulls off a Shaun Johnson Lol.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our club better be signing some bloody amazing players if we've pulled out of LM.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Our club better be signing some bloody amazing players if we've pulled out of LM.
Why? Doesn’t another season barely avoiding the spoon excite you?

Montoya and holland surely push the needle for you?!

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think he will stay for sure. Robbo or Uncle Nick will mend the bridges and put the $800k offer back on the table and he will sign it.
Can you believe the luck of the rorters.

Chuck out the best centre in the game, top pointscorer.

The keenest club who really showed the most interest inexplicably drop off. No other club looks like they're stepping up.

So the rorters still re-sign him after he shops himself around and his manager, whoever he is, totally fails him.

Empowers Uncle Nick and man there's no stopping that club from total domination.

Unbelievablely lucky club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can you believe the luck of the rorters.

Chuck out the best centre in the game, top pointscorer.

The keenest club who really showed the most interest inexplicably drop off. No other club looks like they're stepping up.

So the rorters still re-sign him after he shops himself around and his manager, whoever he is, totally fails him.

Empowers Uncle Nick and man there's no stopping that club from total domination.

Unbelievablely lucky club.
I can't see him staying at the Roosters. Someone has to offer him 1m. If not for 2020 for 2021. That plus this whole situation surely no way.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can't see him staying at the Roosters. Someone has to offer him 1m. If not for 2020 for 2021. That plus this whole situation surely no way.
If he hangs on to play with Rorters in 2020 and absolutely plays to his best abilities...there will be several clubs falling all over themselves in a bidding war for him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he hangs on to play with Rorters in 2020 and absolutely plays to his best abilities...there will be several clubs falling all over themselves in a bidding war for him.
I'd really like to take him under our wing :cry:. I know we can get him back firing.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, because the last lot of retards that ran the place made those stupid signings. You want the trend to continue? Fuck Latrell, he ain't worth the 1 mil yet and neither were the previous players mentioned.

My point is that the club is fucking retarded in both situations. Now all the dead weight is gone you can still build a quality roster around 1 player on $1M per year, provided the coaching is on point and the rest of the squad plays their part. Hell - we overachieved this year with Foz $1.2M on the sidelines for most of the season and still paying like 4 guys to play at other clubs. Imagine fast forwarding to 2021 and guys like Holland, Montoya, Elliot and Foran are off the books. We’ve brought in Latrell and have made astute signings and re-signings whilst developing the juniors. Now imagine a world where we do all of those things without Mitchell.

For some reason every Dogs fan thinks signing Latrell is a death wish when it doesn’t have to be. We’re not signing him to $1M a season plus doing the stupid shit we’ve done in the past - we’re adding a marquee player to a solid foundation.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My point is that the club is fucking retarded in both situations. Now all the dead weight is gone you can still build a quality roster around 1 player on $1M per year, provided the coaching is on point and the rest of the squad plays their part. Hell - we overachieved this year with Foz $1.2M on the sidelines for most of the season and still paying like 4 guys to play at other clubs. Imagine fast forwarding to 2021 and guys like Holland, Montoya, Elliot and Foran are off the books. We’ve brought in Latrell and have made astute signings and re-signings whilst developing the juniors. Now imagine a world where we do all of those things without Mitchell.

For some reason every Dogs fan thinks signing Latrell is a death wish when it doesn’t have to be. We’re not signing him to $1M a season plus doing the stupid shit we’ve done in the past - we’re adding a marquee player to a solid foundation.
His a head case,
Mentally weak, cant take criticism
1mil a season is your elite players, in key positions
Not a centre that drifts in and out of games, has a hand full of good games and year
He takes a run, gets tackled, whinges whines and shoves coz he got tackled, stands up plays the ball, makes sure his shirt is pulled down over his guts, walks back to line with his back to opposition after every run
No urgency
That is not a million dollar player
There’s a reason we pulled pins, chooks pulled pins and only 1-2 genuine contenders for him
He be lucky to have 1 rep jersey next year
That is not a million dollar player, million dollar players should walk into rep teams

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His a head case,
Not a centre that drifts in and out of games, has a hand full of good games and year
He takes a run, gets tackled, whinges whines and shoves coz he got tackled, stands up plays the ball, makes sure his shirt is pulled down over his guts, walks back to line with his back to opposition after every run
No urgency
There’s a reason we pulled pins, chooks pulled pins and only 1-2 genuine contenders for him
That is not a million dollar player, million dollar players should walk into rep teams
Just curious, have you seen his stats last season

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is massive news everyone
Our marquee reserve grader is finally about to land
I'd really like to take him under our wing :cry:. I know we can get him back firing.
They're currently in negotiations with a Penrith outside back.

If it doesn't come to fruition they will promote a player from Cup, though they do have till 30th June next year

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His a head case,
No urgency
Of course he’s got those flaws - he’s a 22 year old outside back still developing as a player. Look at how far Tedesco has come over the years. Wighton has gone from a troubled youngster to a CC winner.

Instead of talking about all the problems - what’s our solution? What do we do with this cap space if we miss Latrell?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I agree with all that besides Elliott off the books. At least a bench spot for Elliott.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
His a head case,
No urgency
"Chooks pulled pins". Yes that's why they offered him 800k (overs) which isn't how they normally operate. I wonder why they made an exception for Latrell? He's a freak don't talk shit about his game. Latrell would be even better with the 1%'s in his game but he's still the best Centre in the game without those. Those are all values the Roosters want yet make an exception for Latrell. If he's good enough for the Roosters he's more then good enough for us...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Chooks pulled pins". Yes that's why they offered him 800k (overs) which isn't how they normally operate. I wonder why they made an exception for Latrell? He's a freak don't talk shit about his game. Latrell would be even better with the 1%'s in his game but he's still the best Centre in the game without those. Those are all values the Roosters want yet make an exception for Latrell. If he's good enough for the Roosters he's more then good enough for us...
Roosters pulled the contract, what part of this don’t u get

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course he’s got those flaws - he’s a 22 year old outside back still developing as a player. Look at how far Tedesco has come over the years. Wighton has gone from a troubled youngster to a CC winner.

Instead of talking about all the problems - what’s our solution? What do we do with this cap space if we miss Latrell?
I’m happy to sign him but not for a mil
That’s right look how far they have come, hence why there getting big bucks now not back then........
Coz they weren’t worth it then...