Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
My older brothers took me to see Maiden in 1982 to see the Number of the Beast tour. I was 12 :grinning:. Great memories and I'm still a huge fan of Clive Burr. He left us way too early. I also saw the Powerslave tour, but nothing since. And yeah, I think that DL line-up is a little underwhelming. Hopefully Clutch do some side shows.
Seeing Maiden in 08 as i mentioned before was the first time me and both my brothers, who are massive Maiden fans seen them live. Growing up as a kid listening to them to finally seeing them when I was 26 was just a surreal experience. Unfortunately it was the last concert I got to share with my brothers as one passed away but man the memories I have of that night will live on. I'm glad if it had to be the last one that it was Maiden.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My older brothers took me to see Maiden in 1982 to see the Number of the Beast tour. I was 12 :grinning:. Great memories and I'm still a huge fan of Clive Burr. He left us way too early. I also saw the Powerslave tour, but nothing since. And yeah, I think that DL line-up is a little underwhelming. Hopefully Clutch do some side shows.
Apparently Clutch have already confirmed that they're not doing any side shows.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
iron maiden have never had good support acts when ive gone to see them

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
iron maiden have never had good support acts when ive gone to see them
When I seen them they had Steve Harris daughter's band (only good thing about that band was the lead guitarist could shred) and Behind Crimson Eyes (who's set up was so loud and distorted it sounded like shit)

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright that NFO video was weird. Here’s a new BI song to make up for it. Seriously fucking good death metal.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have much hope for their new stuff. Loved the first two albums but the last album was pretty crap.
I haven’t been that jazzed about them since the first album tbh. I just shared because I know there’s people in here that dig them.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Festivals are getting worse. Probably still worth it for Clutch, Testament and Alestorm. Deftones, In Flames and Carcass would be good too.
You can't compare to Soundwave. Took them years to build up to a year like 2012. Landscape has changed too. Hopefully people continue to support Download so it can continue to grow.

The line up has plenty I wanna see. Will be a good day.