Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell doesn't want to be put in his place by them though. I don't think the Tigers are a good situation for him either and you might be right about the Cowboys but both would pay more than the Roosters, both would let him play fullback or anywhere else he wanted and give him the star treatment and both haven't run a smear campaign against him since Origin and the end of the season like the Roosters have.

Judging by Latrell's Instagram post and his and Mundines comments in the media, I can't see him going back there.
No one wants to be put in his place but his options are drying up by the day and the Roosters know it. If the Cowboys sign Holmes and it doesn’t work out with the Tigers he’s going back to the Chooks with his tail between his legs.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one wants to be put in his place but his options are drying up by the day and the Roosters know it. If the Cowboys sign Holmes and it doesn’t work out with the Tigers he’s going back to the Chooks with his tail between his legs.
And most likely less money then he was trying to get. Politis and the Roosters win again lol. Unless he tries again later in the year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So his value might go down slightly and open up an opportunity for other clubs. His position at the Roosters seems pretty untenable.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't see why the Tigers wouldn't work out as a destination if they've moved players to be able to sign someone like him and they're desperate for a star. If they're willing to pay $1 million plus as reported, he'll end up there.

I still think a club that has "ruled themselves out" or not declared interest yet could come into the equation. We all know how full of shit statements from CEO's are and how often weeks later they do the complete opposite. Hill himself has done this several times already with Mbye, Woods and Klemmer.

There are still five months before the start of next season if he was and a year and a half before the start of the 2021 season. Lots of things can change between now and then.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So his value might go down slightly and open up an opportunity for other clubs. His position at the Roosters seems pretty untenable.
It could but I doubt it. Is his position at the Chooks really that untenable all they have done is taken the contract off the table which happens quite often in the media and a few Hooper bullshit articles.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't see why the Tigers wouldn't work out as a destination if they've moved players to be able to sign someone like him and they're desperate for a star. If they're willing to pay $1 million plus as reported, he'll end up there.

I still think a club that has "ruled themselves out" or not declared interest yet could come into the equation. We all know how full of shit statements from CEO's are and how often weeks later they do the complete opposite. Hill himself has done this several times already with Mbye, Woods and Klemmer.

There are still five months before the start of next season if he was and a year and a half before the start of the 2021 season. Lots of things can change between now and then.
I'm surprised he hasn't been heavily linked with the Rabbitohs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Weren’t we prepared to offer him a million as well until today? The longer it all plays out the more chance he stays especially if he starts the season at the Chooks next season. I don’t think he’s signing anywhere soon.

I really don’t think he’s coming to the Dogs after that statement today.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's more likely then not that Latrell isn't going to have the same injury record as Foran. Foran is still one of the best Five-Eighth's in the game when fit. I'd sign "a lazy Centre" called Latrell for 700k (what I believe he's worth) therefore I would sign him for 1m because I understand the situation we're in. Who's your candidate to recruit for Centre now or would you find within?
I wasn’t only referring to Foran, but rather signing non-essential players on big coin (Woods, Foran), and paying overs for others (Eastwood on 800k).

The way I see it, there’s another year to go to 2021. Signing Latrell on over $1M will limit the club if better players, especially spine players, become available.

I’d happily pay $700k for him, but he’s not the type that will direct the team or lift the team as a whole. Plus the fact that he goes missing in games (what I meant by lazy) won’t be great for the team.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Capewell to play in the Centres :smilingimp:.

Here's a list (off contract):
https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2019/

Tetevano would probably be my favourite recruit there. Ramien signed with Sharks (?) so not him.
Warriors are interested in Capewell and are about to make him a good offer. By the time our board find out about Capewell, he would have already signed with them.
It would be a "Derrrr, which way did he go?" moment with our board.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wasn’t only referring to Foran, but rather signing non-essential players on big coin (Woods, Foran), and paying overs for others (Eastwood on 800k).

The way I see it, there’s another year to go to 2021. Signing Latrell on over $1M will limit the club if better players, especially spine players, become available.

I’d happily pay $700k for him, but he’s not the type that will direct the team or lift the team as a whole. Plus the fact that he goes missing in games (what I meant by lazy) won’t be great for the team.
We can't seriously think a player of Latrell's calibre is going to sign with us for what he's worth tho. What's his incentive?

We can recruit a bunch of players worth 400-600k but we're going to have to pay more then they're worth to entice them. There will be a few rejects that pop up that no one else wants or can fit in but we can't rely on that. They aren't going to be players on the lists you see floating around tho. Players like Leilua instead.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Weren’t we prepared to offer him a million as well until today? The longer it all plays out the more chance he stays especially if he starts the season at the Chooks next season. I don’t think he’s signing anywhere soon.

I really don’t think he’s coming to the Dogs after that statement today.
I'm not saying us specifically, I'm saying of all the clubs that said they weren't interested, one or more may still make a play.

We'll see what happens. I doubt all 15 other clubs will turn down a chance to sign the leading pointscorer for the past few seasons and a freakish talent. Someone will take an chance on him near the salary he's after aside from the Roosters.

If Matterson and Ramien can whinge and moan and still end up finding the deal they were after, I'm sure a player of Mitchell's quality will be able to as well eventually.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can't seriously think a player of Latrell's calibre is going to sign with us for what he's worth tho. What's his incentive?

We can recruit a bunch of players worth 400-600k but we're going to have to pay more then they're worth to entice them. There will be a few rejects that pop up that know one else wants or can fit in but we can't rely on that.
To challenge himself at a new team, but I don't see that kind of mentality within him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To challenge himself at a new team, but I don't see that kind of mentality within him.
I'd be surprised if anyone had that mentality. It's something someone would say when they've moved clubs for more money tho.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If we want to use Foz’s cap relief for Latrell, it has to be with him at 6. Only get cap relief for similar players.

If it is allowed by the NRL, Sign Latrell to 2 contracts:
- 1yr deal for 2020 for whatever we have left ($400k, $600k, whatever) plus the $350k cap relief (plus a TPA if required), as a 5/8
- the multi yr $1m deal from 2021 that the club originally intended, as whatever position they want

This gets around the “we won’t backend contracts” promise. I agree with this stance, but I see this as special circumstances with the way Latrells relationship with the Rorters went to shit so quickly, and that we (apparently) previously wanted to sign him from 2021 on anyway
I think Mitchell is a 6 anyway. He is to big a body to play 1. The fitness level for fullback and being always on the move isn't Mitchell.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying us specifically, I'm saying of all the clubs that said they weren't interested, one or more may still make a play.

We'll see what happens. I doubt all 15 other clubs will turn down a chance to sign the leading pointscorer for the past few seasons and a freakish talent. Someone will take an chance on him near the salary he's after.

If Matterson and Ramien can whinge and moan and still end up finding the deal they were after, I'm sure a player of Mitchell's quality will be able to as well eventually.
Souths could be the sleeper when the NRL cave on Burgess but I couldn’t see too many other clubs having the money for 2020 besides the Tigers and Cowboys.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
They're currently in negotiations with a Penrith outside back.

If it doesn't come to fruition they will promote a player from Cup, though they do have till 30th June next year
Probz Dwz brother who doesn’t hold a candle to trell. Can actually see this being true.

Pass on latrell for mwz perfect replacement for holland and montoya to ensure we don’t make the 8.

That said Naden, to’o, mansour, whare while all solid players aren’t remotely in the same breathe either!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Souths could be the sleeper when the NRL cave on Burgess but I couldn’t see too many other clubs having the money for 2020 besides the Tigers and Cowboys.
I agree there. Maybe Newcastle somehow too. They're definitely interested but would have to release several players to do it.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probz Dwz brother who doesn’t hold a candle to trell. Can actually see this being true.

Pass on latrell for mwz perfect replacement for holland and montoya to ensure we don’t make the 8.

That said Naden, to’o, mansour, whare while all solid players aren’t remotely in the same breathe either!

To'o was 1 that I had circled as a possible target for 2021...