Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know what? I don't think people are that pissed we missed Latrell I think they just want something other than stock standard signings and bad news re injuries from the one world class player(when fit) we have.
It's like getting socks and jocks for X-mass when you really have been looking forward to the new X-box.
PS- How you travelling? hope all ok.
I understand people being frustrated because we haven't signed any big name players, but Latrell ain't the one. We still have a limited amount of money for 2020, 2021 is where we can be more active. It's just as the old cliche saying that we have to be patient.

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think if people are smart they will realise that there is usually only one reason (apart from salary cap dramas) that a club turns down a shot at a guy with this much talent.

I think with time we will see that we dodged a bullet with this guy

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think if people are smart they will realise that there is usually only one reason (apart from salary cap dramas) that a club turns down a shot at a guy with this much talent.

He's 22. We could also be missing out on the next GI or someone even better. You guys have no faith in our leadership group, coach and club if you don't think we can contain Latrell. His "attitude" is also exaggerated.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ain't signing any top players for value. Any top players we're linked to we're going to be paying that extra premium and a lot of people with your thought process will say it's too much so we'll never sign anyone. Latrell made the most sense and it looks like we're missing out on him.
I understand all that. But Mitchell isn’t the player the Dogs need apart from talent wise. He’ll create disharmony within that core of players. And we can’t afford that. It’s all out on show to see. Its too much of a risk!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worst thing is using back ended contracts to compare due to the club misjudging the salary cap growth - something we're not going to do in the future you'd think. Completely different situation.

Also I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but you're doing the same thing (instead of justifying, saying not to) if you think Latrell will be a bad buy because of the money or previous signings.
They didn't really misjudge the salary cap growth weren't they told what it would be then the NRL renigged

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I understand all that. But Mitchell isn’t the player the Dogs need apart from talent wise. He’ll create disharmony within that core of players. And we can’t afford that. It’s all out on show to see. Its too much of a risk!
I was honestly just curious if you had any names to list to my question but all good if you don't.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes we wouldn’t want him not to agree to singing sweet Caroline as we miss the finals for 5 years in a row. That would be a shame!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They didn't really misjudge the salary cap growth weren't they told what it would be then the NRL renigged
I honestly couldn't tell you. I just know we recruited/retained to a salary cap that was multiple millions over what is actually was.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was honestly just curious if you had any names to list to my question but all good if you don't.
Alright, so who’s on the market? I don’t know who is, but you tell me.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don’t believe the all media bullshit particularly Channel 9 & News Ltd orchestrated by the Roosters-
Just remember Coffs Harbour!!!!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he's done there. They've treated him like trash since he was free to negotiate and even during last season and he's had enough. The smear campaign they've run against him has burnt any bridges there were to be potentially mended.

It's the Tigers or Cowboys at this stage, unless another team that said they weren't interested actually signs him, which wouldn't surprise me.
I think that’s all to put him in his place. Latrells plan to get a bidding war hasn’t worked the only place he might go is the Tigers but I doubt he’s going to like the rough treatment off McGuire and the Cowboys are just using him as leverage on Holmes.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I ain't blowing up. I never wanted him in the first place. The ones blowing up are the ones that wanted him even for the ridiculous amount he seems to be commanding.
Agreed. I don’t mean everyone. Just the usual loud minority

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that’s all to put him in his place. Latrells plan to get a bidding war hasn’t worked the only place he might go is the Tigers but I doubt he’s going to like the rough treatment off McGuire and the Cowboys are just using him as leverage on Holmes.
If he leaves Sydney he’ll link with the Knights or Titans due to proximity to Taree- & he has a relationship with both Holbrook & O’Brien.
We’re daft if we don’t have the “cojones” to sign him. He’s exactly what the Bulldogs need.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latrell doesn't want to be put in his place by them though. I don't think the Tigers are a good situation for him either and you might be right about the Cowboys but both would pay more than the Roosters, both would let him play fullback or anywhere else he wanted and give him the star treatment and both haven't run a smear campaign against him since Origin and the end of the season like the Roosters have.

Judging by Latrell's Instagram post and his and Mundines comments in the media, I can't see him going back there.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score