Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mundine thought he could put it on politis, so politis said cya mate and withdrew their own offer
Mitchell's career is going to be over sooner rather than later if he continues to go to Mundine for advice!

What's Mundine charging these days? 15%? 20%?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
lol

You were absolutely obsessed with Foran like this other 10 year old alzzz over Mitchell.

Be a man and man up champ
Mate you are mistaking me. I’ve never had a poster of any player on my wall. Sounds like a high school kid bud.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate you are mistaking me. I’ve never had a poster of any player on my wall. Sounds like a high school kid bud.
I have a poster of Harry Grant on my wall apparently. Just go with it. @Natboy II :kissingheart: .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mundine thought he could put it on politis, so politis said cya mate and withdrew their own offer
That's two clubs out of the circus. I think the Tigers are the last club being reported to have a million on the table for him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh well. I understand them not going after Latrell considering the price and it's not the end of the world. I just hope all of this cap space isn't squandered on mediocrity and upgrading certain players from the squad that should be moved on.

I hope they have the ambition to try and attract rep players when available though or at least the nous, negotiating skills and eye for talent to try and raid the best young prospects throughout the comp. The jury is still out in that regard.

I'd love to see Latrell go to another level, to succeed at fullback and prove the Roosters and all of the critics wrong though.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well least we can use Harper and Averillo. Those guys seem interested in the club unlike Mitchell.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well least we can use Harper and Averillo. Those guys seem interested in the club unlike Mitchell.
Latrell is interested he's just not going to come for free...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh well. I understand them not going after Latrell and it's not the end of the world. I hope they have the ambition to try and attract rep players though or at least the nous, negotiating skills and eye for talent to try and raid the best young prospects throughout the comp. The jury is still out in that regard.
I think they've done pretty well so far. Cogger hasn't been too shabby for a half recruited on a budget. Meaney showed some big improvement towards the end of the season. CHN was a great recruitment decision. The jury is still going to have to decide on Stimson, Britt and Katoa. But we've been active in picking up some outside backs in the lower grades with potential.

People just got upset when we missed out on the few hookers that were being hyped up in the media and took the chicken little stance and decided the sky was falling.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think they've done pretty well so far. Cogger hasn't been too shabby for a half recruited on a budget. Meaney showed some big improvement towards the end of the season. CHN was a great recruitment decision. The jury is still going to have to decide on Stimson, Britt and Katoa. But we've been active in picking up some outside backs in the lower grades with potential.

People just got upset when we missed out on the few hookers that were being hyped up in the media and took the chicken little stance and decided the sky was falling.
It's been a mixed bag so far. Cogger and Meaney were up and down but they could have signed someone like Sivo or CNK for a similar amount to Meaney, if not less.

CHN and DWZ were good signings. I think Stimson will be too. Napa's getting paid way too much for what he provides.

Sue, Chris Smith and Chrichton were wasted signings and someone with more potential could have been signed and they take up a valuable squad spot. Katoa and Britt will be decent depth signings on the cheap.

It's who they sign, re-sign or release for 2021 that will determine how well they've done... Right now the number one priority should be to lock up all of our best young talent.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Latrell is interested he's just not going to come for free...
Yeah but he seems like he is only coming for the money. Hec our current million dollar signing is on the sidelines. Maybe Harper and Averillo will come good. Just wait and see.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No Bulldogs DNA.... can’t drive a tractor or dangle his dick in a schooner

Bulldogs the Aldi’s of the NRL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but he seems like he is only coming for the money. Hec our current million dollar signing is on the sidelines. Maybe Harper and Averillo will come good. Just wait and see.
There needs to be an incentive for the best Centre in the game at the best club in the NRL to come to a struggling club at the moment like ours. This isn't just going to be a Latrell only issue.

It's possible that Harper or Averillo come good but unlikely and even more unlikely they'll reach Latrell heights - which is expected because Latrell is a prodigy.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thank Fuck the dogs board dropped out of this fucking circus Mitchell has caused. Overpriced, u cant pay on potential...
It is a bit presumptious to state that Mitchell caused the circus, he may have been one of the clowns in the tiny car, but he is far from the ringleader.

Hunt, Taylor, and several others provide proof that clubs should not pay on potential. I don't know that Mitchell is in that category though, he has played for his state and his country at a young age. It is more a case that in order to earn $1M a season he needs the right club. He isn't going to get it at the Rorters, they already have game breakers in Tedesco and Keary. He isn't going to get it at the Dogs, because we just aren't going to pay that much for a left centre, which is where he would play for us given DWZ is FB and Meaney and Hoppa are decent backups for that spot.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It is a bit presumptious to state that Mitchell caused the circus, he may have been one of the clowns in the tiny car, but he is far from the ringleader.

Hunt, Taylor, and several others provide proof that clubs should not pay on potential. I don't know that Mitchell is in that category though, he has played for his state and his country at a young age. It is more a case that in order to earn $1M a season he needs the right club. He isn't going to get it at the Rorters, they already have game breakers in Tedesco and Keary. He isn't going to get it at the Dogs, because we just aren't going to pay that much for a left centre, which is where he would play for us given DWZ is FB and Meaney and Hoppa are decent backups for that spot.
Hunt wasn't paid on potential either. Just what the Dragons had to pay to lure him away from the Broncos. At the time would you say Hunt was worth 900k-1m as a Halfback? I probably would have. Now I don't even think he's playing to that. That's the risk you take with any signing tho. Just the more expensive ones are highlighted.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: the only club happy to pay $1.2M for Kieran Foran, or $800k for Eastwood to play reggies, or $1M combined across MBye and James Graham to play at other clubs, but scoff at $1M per year for one of the best young up and coming rep players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: the only club happy to pay $1.2M for Kieran Foran, or $800k for Eastwood to play reggies, or $1M combined across MBye and James Graham to play at other clubs, but scoff at $1M per year for one of the best young up and coming rep players.
Different people running the club now? They had to move on players to be cap compliant (therefore had to contribute).

We can only use signing Napa for 650k.