Results are only viewable after voting.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs pull out of race to sign Latrell Mitchell

The race to sign Sydney Roosters superstar Latrell Mitchell has narrowed with a key contender confirming they aren’t interested in signing the Australian strike centre.

Canterbury has officially pulled out of the race to sign Latrell Mitchell.

After a meeting of the club’s football retention committee this afternoon, chief executive Andrew Hill told The Daily Telegraph that the Bulldogs would not be pursuing the out of favour Sydney Rooster.

“Usually we don’t make comment around our recruitment and retention strategies,” Hill said.

“However, with all the speculation around this matter we thought it was the right thing to do by everyone to confirm we won’t pursue an interest in Latrell Mitchell.”

This decision came after a meeting between Hill, coach Dean Pay, general manager of football Steve Price and development and pathways manager Dave Hamilton.

The Bulldogs had been viewed as a significant player in the race for the 22-year-old Test centre after Mitchell met with board member George Khoury during the finals series.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/c3fa72a65cb68b8ee0bd4787f3a186f9
It's not over yet. Latrell could still assess options and come back to us and say hey 850_900k to play centre isn't bad at all. Good on the club for not giving into his fullback demands

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not over yet. Latrell could still assess options and come back to us and say hey 850_900k to play centre isn't bad at all. Good on the club for not giving into his fullback demands
Bulldogs doing the "Honourable" thing and retracting their offer :-)

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitchell off to the Wolfpacks. He can retire in 2 years not 10!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing is people wouldve said the same thing about inglis when he was killing it at centre and look at the fullback he became, people on here are just mentally retarted honestly for not wanting him and his freakish ability

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So even if we could get him for 800K a season to play fullback our club aren't even interested. Let's just let the Roosters keep all their stars and keep winning comps for many years to come while we sign good average first graders. Is the "war chest" going in the pockets of our directors or are they receiving brown papers bags from Politis ?

Only thing that can save this bunch of moron directors from being thrown out at the elections this February (never to be returned) is if they sign the Turbo brothers or David Fifita for 2021 - but that's highly unlikely to say the least.

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So even if we could get him for 800K a season to play fullback our club aren't even interested. Let's just let the Roosters keep all their stars and keep winning comps for many years to come while we sign good average first graders. Is the "war chest" going in the pockets of our directors or are they receiving brown papers bags from Politis ?
Like i said before this club thinks its going forward by signing solid first graders, they have no real ambition

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ah, so now not only are our directors incompetent, they’re corrupt too!

You couldn’t write this stuff - yet many of you do!

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For whoever is interested in signing the top point scorer of the nrl for the past 2 seasons at 22 it is!
You were flapping your cock around for 5 years about Foran, even admitted you had a poster of him above your bed. How did that work for the club?

Come on, have another sook! Are you actually going to hand in your "membership" this time around?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing is people wouldve said the same thing about inglis when he was killing it at centre and look at the fullback he became, people on here are just mentally retarted honestly for not wanting him and his freakish ability
I’m sure everyone would like to have him, just not at the outrageous overs he’s demanding.

Too much risk, too much strain on the cap. The Club has learned from the mistakes of the previous Board that crippled the club into a period of sharp decline.

This is yet another wise piece of decision making from the Board.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much for the people on here with “inside” info but disappear when asked for source saying this was a done deal ,credibility gooone

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So much for the people on here with “inside” info but disappear when asked for source saying this was a done deal ,credibility gooone
As Folkesy used to say. Niff nuffs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m sure everyone would like to have him, just not at the outrageous overs he’s demanding.

Too much risk, too much strain on the cap. The Club has learned from the mistakes of the previous Board that crippled the club into a period of sharp decline.

This is yet another wise piece of decision making from the Board.
I DON'T THINK the rumoured amount is outrageous overs... it's just overs. Which I THINK we're going to be expected to pay for any marquee signing.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve read 65 pages of people bagging the shit out of him and now the club say they aren’t interested in him people blow up. You’ve gotta love the kennel

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I DON'T THINK the rumoured amount is outrageous overs... it's just overs. Which I THINK we're going to be expected to pay for any marquee signing.
Disagree. For a Centre, it is outrageous overs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Disagree. For a Centre, it is outrageous overs.
I THINK Latrell is worth 700k. Do you agree? I JUST BELIEVE that's what we'd have to pay to attract a marquee signing (the rumoured 1m). I THINK we're going to be paying overs on decent signings too (not 200-300k more around 100-200k, similar to Napa). I DON'T THINK we're an attractive club at the moment. That point is reinforced with the betting odds on sportsbet and beteasy where we're the second least likely club to win the Grand Final next season.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only positive side to this is we forced the hand. We have a clear idea of what the player market is worth. We are officially open for business.