Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we're serious we're either going to say that or avoid the question. If you avoid the question it's suspicious. You literally have to lie.
It’s over he’s not going to be a Bulldog

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs pull out of race to sign Latrell Mitchell

The race to sign Sydney Roosters superstar Latrell Mitchell has narrowed with a key contender confirming they aren’t interested in signing the Australian strike centre.

Canterbury has officially pulled out of the race to sign Latrell Mitchell.

After a meeting of the club’s football retention committee this afternoon, chief executive Andrew Hill told The Daily Telegraph that the Bulldogs would not be pursuing the out of favour Sydney Rooster.

“Usually we don’t make comment around our recruitment and retention strategies,” Hill said.

“However, with all the speculation around this matter we thought it was the right thing to do by everyone to confirm we won’t pursue an interest in Latrell Mitchell.”

This decision came after a meeting between Hill, coach Dean Pay, general manager of football Steve Price and development and pathways manager Dave Hamilton.

The Bulldogs had been viewed as a significant player in the race for the 22-year-old Test centre after Mitchell met with board member George Khoury during the finals series.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/c3fa72a65cb68b8ee0bd4787f3a186f9
Well that's something at least. Put it to bed

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe Latrell's already signed (or already interested?) hence no need to pursue an interest :smilingimp:.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs pull out of race to sign Latrell Mitchell

The race to sign Sydney Roosters superstar Latrell Mitchell has narrowed with a key contender confirming they aren’t interested in signing the Australian strike centre.

Canterbury has officially pulled out of the race to sign Latrell Mitchell.

After a meeting of the club’s football retention committee this afternoon, chief executive Andrew Hill told The Daily Telegraph that the Bulldogs would not be pursuing the out of favour Sydney Rooster.

“Usually we don’t make comment around our recruitment and retention strategies,” Hill said.

“However, with all the speculation around this matter we thought it was the right thing to do by everyone to confirm we won’t pursue an interest in Latrell Mitchell.”

This decision came after a meeting between Hill, coach Dean Pay, general manager of football Steve Price and development and pathways manager Dave Hamilton.

The Bulldogs had been viewed as a significant player in the race for the 22-year-old Test centre after Mitchell met with board member George Khoury during the finals series.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/c3fa72a65cb68b8ee0bd4787f3a186f9

MEDIOCRITY RULES!!!!

Can't wait to see him towel us up over the next few years!!!!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I believe Hill and it’s the right result. Not only for the club but to help end this media circus. The more oxygen starved this fire is the better - including for Mitchell. Good luck to him wherever he ends up, but personally I’m pleased it’s not Belmore.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If it's true our board is fucking weak as piss and deserve to be voted out

No fucking ambition and no fucking idea

This club is a joke
I'm interested to see who they recruit moving forward and for how much. Latrell was a must signing FOR ME even for the rumoured amount (an amount that I always knew we'd have to pay) but what do I know...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Next will be the game changing news! Elliott Holland and montoya all extended!

I have a feeling that we won’t be genuinely contending for a title for a bloody long time sadly.

People can say whatever they want. Let’s see what happens. Though our roster is worse than last year with Foran out for half the year. Other teams have improved both teams that where already better and those that where worse too.

Least I now am not counting down the days for another season.

Not saying latrell was the saving grace but he sure as shit improved our biggest weakness and offered something to be excited about for the first time in a game breaker in 6 years!

I don’t imagine this makes us anymore attractive to players based on the way the club have handled this too with meetings with some staff and then this circus. I can’t imagine elite talent are overly keen on that.

I’m sure will get another Sue or Napa though.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Next will be the game changing news! Elliott Holland and montoya all extended!

I have a feeling that we won’t be genuinely contending for a title for a bloody long time sadly.

People can say whatever they want. Let’s see what happens. Though our roster is worse than last year with Foran out for half the year. Other teams have improved both teams that where already better and those that where worse too.

Least I now am not counting down the days for another season.

Not saying latrell was the saving grace but he sure as shit improved our biggest weakness and offered something to be excited about for the first time in a game breaker in 6 years!

I don’t imagine this makes us anymore attractive to players based on the way the club have handled this too with meetings with some staff and then this circus. I can’t imagine elite talent are overly keen on that.

I’m sure will get another Sue or Napa though.
Even IF we signed Latrell and 3-4 other decent players (the better players off contract but not marquee) we'd only be expected to make the eight. There is still a long way to go even after the recruitment process - contending for the title.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even IF we signed Latrell and 3-4 other decent players (the better players off contract but not marquee) we'd only be expected to make the eight. There is still a long way to go even after the recruitment process.
I think if LM came over we'd be a hell of a better team all round. Our defense was great our main problem was points. Bringing in the leading point scored would've helped that. Yes different playmakers etc but would've been a top class back line.
Oh well, next player we will be linked to in

…… :-)

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope we are not stuck with Holland or Montoya. Sounds like we might be getting Leilula.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think if LM came over we'd be a hell of a better team all round. Our defense was great our main problem was points. Bringing in the leading point scored would've helped that. Yes different playmakers etc but would've been a top class back line.
Oh well, next player we will be linked to in

…… :-)
Bring on Papenhuyzen!

If we're talking about Centres who's even left...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive got an idea lets re sign holland and montoya cause we are fucking losers