Wakeham Nominated for Golden Boot

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It also shows how weak we are for superstars atm with 3 retiring.

DCE our 7.

Wakeham far better than Lui and he was the next big thing at Penrith.
It’s definitely the weakest batch of halves I can remember for at least 30-40 years. Cleary and DCE being the Origin halfbacks highlights how bad it is.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Golden Boot award is now a farce.
Last year a winger for England won & this year another wood duck will win it.
James Tedesco wasn’t even nominated

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It also shows how weak we are for superstars atm with 3 retiring.

DCE our 7.

Wakeham far better than Lui and he was the next big thing at Penrith.
I think you're underestimating Lui as a Five-Eighth. I don't like the Panthers (mainly due to a friend of mine supporting them) but I think Lui and Cleary could potentially be a better combination then Hodkinson and Reynolds was for us. Lui has shown more in the NRL and also was terrific in the 9's.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you look at the list of nominees?

It's only based on the last few weeks of international games.
Yes I know that’s why I’m saying it’s a joke
Get a look at the muppet who won it last year, no one even heard of him
Joke

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say rocks or diamonds in his first grade games he played very well in both even in defence despite Apparantely being too small
Agreed. I've watched his games and replayed them and this kid is a natural. He will end up in 1st grade that's for sure

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bench Kieran and play Wakeham/Cogger... Need to find another position for Lewis because he needs to be in the team... 1%er players are the most valuable in the big games

Kieran might be our best half but it's going to hold the other guys back from forming continuity having one guy come in for 3 games then missing 10
Agree with this 100%but it would mean Katoa or JMK would miss out on a bench spot for the 6 or seven games Keiran is likely to be fit for.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree with this 100%but it would mean Katoa or JMK would miss out on a bench spot for the 6 or seven games Keiran is likely to be fit for.

yeah true I dunno... I mean Foran really has to call it quits but that's up to him.. nobody is going to sign him after his time with us

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
yeah true I dunno... I mean Foran really has to call it quits but that's up to him.. nobody is going to sign him after his time with us
You'd think no one would sign him on a big deal. I can see him getting somewhere between 300-600k tho. Will just depend if he'd want to play on that money. Maybe Super League?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Golden Boot award is now a farce.
Last year a winger for England won & this year another wood duck will win it.
James Tedesco wasn’t even nominated
Because he didn't play well last game. Poor bloke is blaming himself for our loss according to an article by one of our esteemed league journos lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think you're underestimating Lui as a Five-Eighth. I don't like the Panthers (mainly due to a friend of mine supporting them) but I think Lui and Cleary could potentially be a better combination then Hodkinson and Reynolds was for us. Lui has shown more in the NRL and also was terrific in the 9's.
Not bagging Lui. Just praising our very own WakehamUp.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so many people bagging him for just being nominated but forget this will do wonders for his confidence and he will pay us back in overs im 100%

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like Wakeham and I think he should be in our halves rd1 but golden boot ?
Please.
If the golden boot was really the best international players it’d be only Australians.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I like Wakeham and I think he should be in our halves rd1 but golden boot ?
Please.
If the golden boot was really the best international players it’d be only Australians.
The guy didn't nominate himself.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
so many people bagging him for just being nominated but forget this will do wonders for his confidence and he will pay us back in overs im 100%
Some people around here just can't be happy for any of our players...Of course he isn't the best rep player.. he's still a kid who has played 1 FG game... but he has a big influence on that team and their results

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'd think no one would sign him on a big deal. I can see him getting somewhere between 300-600k tho. Will just depend if he'd want to play on that money. Maybe Super League?

Super League will be his best option... I don't even think a team would take him on a cheap deal for his experience because it's money on the cap for a guy who won't see any game time

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To give this some perspective - this was based on 2 performances against Lebanon and Samoa.

He was pretty rocks and diamonds in his first grade outings.

Foran, Lewis and Cogger are all ahead in the queue and rightly so.

He’s no doubt got some talent but still has a lot of development ahead of him in order to be a week to week first grader.

Think my call for calm thread needs a timely bump.

He was pretty rocks and diamonds in his first grade outings.

So is almost every other half in the comp outside of Cronk...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No one thinks he did. the panel are given a direction to have a representative cross-section from international teams.
Well be happy that one of our own was considered good enough to be nominated.