His a beast
If bulldogs get him i will become a member
He is a winner
Fucken shit ***** if we dont get him

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The LM situation is now diabolical for him. He was looking for a long term $1m per year deal. He knew the Roosters couldnt afford that but hoped to establish a floor under his value by knowing the Roosters would table a contract extension of say $800k pa which he had no intention of signing - as they found out. For the Dogs we need gun established backs - particularly a centre - hence why we went hard for Ramien and to a lesser extend Jennings. We wanted LM and commenced proceedings months ago before we realized the effect that DWZ would have on the team. We are now so impressed by Dallin that weve offered him an extension which hes gladly taken up. The Dogs are now his home.

For LM, hes not an established FB and we already have one in DWZ so its centre or nothing for Mitchell. Now it hasnt been reported anywhere that I can find what the Roosters extended Manu on but surely it cant be too much less than the $800Kpa they offered Mitchell.

Clearly the Cowboys are trying to dangle the idea of securing Mitchell to push Holmes to commit, Souths have said they arent interested and I believe hes not the type of player Bennett would want- he has enough on his hands managing Roberts.

Mitchell's future is now uncertain and with the Roosters withdrawing their offer it really makes his presence at Bondi untenable.

As others have mentioned here, the cap compensation for Foran and likely 3rd parties would clearly mean we could afford Mitchell in 2020 if we let say a Holland or Montoya go. Hell why not let say Montoya and Sue go. The Board can see that clearly Mitchell is a current Australian rep. As such, isnt that a justification to ever so slightly backend him? I mean to say how many days do Australian rep players become available for goodness sake!!!! That being said, with no other offers on the table for Mitchell Im sure hed right now jump at a 5 year $750Kpa deal commencing 2020. Nothing else is out there in this ballpark for him.
Hes worth at least that TO US. Foran retired end of 2020 if not sooner, Mitchell is our marque.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The LM situation is now diabolical for him. He was looking for a long term $1m per year deal. He knew the Roosters couldnt afford that but hoped to establish a floor under his value by knowing the Roosters would table a contract extension of say $800k pa which he had no intention of signing - as they found out. For the Dogs we need gun established backs - particularly a centre - hence why we went hard for Ramien and to a lesser extend Jennings. We wanted LM and commenced proceedings months ago before we realized the effect that DWZ would have on the team. We are now so impressed by Dallin that weve offered him an extension which hes gladly taken up. The Dogs are now his home.

For LM, hes not an established FB and we already have one in DWZ so its centre or nothing for Mitchell. Now it hasnt been reported anywhere that I can find what the Roosters extended Manu on but surely it cant be too much less than the $800Kpa they offered Mitchell.

Clearly the Cowboys are trying to dangle the idea of securing Mitchell to push Holmes to commit, Souths have said they arent interested and I believe hes not the type of player Bennett would want- he has enough on his hands managing Roberts.

Mitchell's future is now uncertain and with the Roosters withdrawing their offer it really makes his presence at Bondi untenable.

As others have mentioned here, the cap compensation for Foran and likely 3rd parties would clearly mean we could afford Mitchell in 2020 if we let say a Holland or Montoya go. Hell why not let say Montoya and Sue go. The Board can see that clearly Mitchell is a current Australian rep. As such, isnt that a justification to ever so slightly backend him? I mean to say how many days do Australian rep players become available for goodness sake!!!! That being said, with no other offers on the table for Mitchell Im sure hed right now jump at a 5 year $750Kpa deal commencing 2020. Nothing else is out there in this ballpark for him.
Hes worth at least that TO US. Foran retired end of 2020 if not sooner, Mitchell is our marque.
I honestly don't see him coming for less then 900k - that's bare minimum. If we don't pay it someone else will. The Roosters pulling out helps but we're still going to have to compete with other clubs that can afford him for next year.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offer him 6M x 5 years

He is a gun

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone who thinks Latrell Mitchell is worth a million dollars a season.
How much is James Tedesco worth ?
I think
Latrell 700k. For us? 900k-1m
Tedesco 1.2m. For us? 1.4-1.5m

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I honestly don't see him coming for less then 900k - that's bare minimum. If we don't pay it someone else will. The Roosters pulling out helps but we're still going to have to compete with other clubs that can afford him for next year.
I think he would take less just so he can get back out of the spotlight ASAP. He's getting smashed and I think Nick is 100% behind it, I also think this is particularly unwarranted and vindictive. Nick would know how weak LM's mental state can appear to be at times. He (LM) would be attracted to a strong club to shield him right now I think. Either that or Toronto to escape it all together.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he would take less just so he can get back out of the spotlight ASAP. He's getting smashed and I think Nick is 100% behind it, I also think this is particularly unwarranted and vindictive. Nick would know how weak LM's mental state can appear to be at times. He (LM) would be attracted to a strong club to shield him right now I think. Either that or Toronto to escape it all together.
You'd think if your mental state was that weak you'd be off social media/internet/newspapers until your future is sorted. I also don't get how someone as good as Latrell can preform if he was that weak minded. Whatever he was thinking before rejecting the Roosters first offer should still be what he's thinking now.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you haven't heard Jonathan Thurston is saying that Latrell Mitchell should stay at the Roosters and not worry about the money.

Is this not hypocritical seeing JT left the Dogs and went to the cowboys for a better opportunity and money?
Thurston got told he wasn't needed at the Dogs as we were invested in Anasta instead at the time. He went to Cowboys because they were willing to take him and give him a starting role.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thurston got told he wasn't needed at the Dogs as we were invested in Anasta instead at the time. He went to Cowboys because they were willing to take him and give him a starting role.
He was seen crying in his car that day...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they were lying then they just wouldn't say anything. Lynne Anderson wouldn't come out and categorically deny it
I'm not suggesting we offer a back-ended deal. I'm saying the board won't do it because they already opened their mouths and promised they wouldn't. If he could have held out at the Roosters for another year on friendly terms we may have been sweet
How do you know Lynne just ain't telling porkies, I mean Wayne Bennett said they weren't interested in Jimmy the Jet, yet 2 weeks later he was at the Rabbits. As I said she may be just telling porkies or she could be telling the truth, either way I couldn't care as I'm off Latrell anyway so I'm not fussed.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I would sign LM as a 6. Cogger n Mitchell or wakeham n Mitchell would work long term. Foz shouldn't be signed being 2020. We get LM next year 5yrs. The only concern is his head. This kid needs into be happy. When he is happy playing he is a monster. #6 for mine.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sign LM as a 6. Cogger n Mitchell or wakeham n Mitchell would work long term. Foz shouldn't be signed being 2020. We get LM next year 5yrs. The only concern is his head. This kid needs into be happy. When he is happy playing he is a monster. #6 for mine.
If we want to use Foz’s cap relief for Latrell, it has to be with him at 6. Only get cap relief for similar players.

If it is allowed by the NRL, Sign Latrell to 2 contracts:
- 1yr deal for 2020 for whatever we have left ($400k, $600k, whatever) plus the $350k cap relief (plus a TPA if required), as a 5/8
- the multi yr $1m deal from 2021 that the club originally intended, as whatever position they want

This gets around the “we won’t backend contracts” promise. I agree with this stance, but I see this as special circumstances with the way Latrells relationship with the Rorters went to shit so quickly, and that we (apparently) previously wanted to sign him from 2021 on anyway

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we want to use Foz’s cap relief for Latrell, it has to be with him at 6. Only get cap relief for similar players.

If it is allowed by the NRL, Sign Latrell to 2 contracts:
- 1yr deal for 2020 for whatever we have left ($400k, $600k, whatever) plus the $350k cap relief (plus a TPA if required), as a 5/8
- the multi yr $1m deal from 2021 that the club originally intended, as whatever position they want

This gets around the “we won’t backend contracts” promise. I agree with this stance, but I see this as special circumstances with the way Latrells relationship with the Rorters went to shit so quickly, and that we (apparently) previously wanted to sign him from 2021 on anyway
Agree.

Though don’t think we have to actually play him at 5/8.

He has been trialed there and we can look at it but centre or fullback is his go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

DWZ isn't an established fullback and still needs to improve if he wants to hold down the position longterm. Latrell just wants way more money than anyone is willing to pay and nobody wants to deal with his camp right now, if his price was more realistic clubs would be fighting each other over him right now instead of sitting back just waiting for things to unfold.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree.

Though don’t think we have to actually play him at 5/8.

He has been trialed there and we can look at it but centre or fullback is his go.
Yeah, I don't know how hard and fast the "similar player" thing is, and how they police it. My guess is the NRL doesn't really know either, which would be typical of them. What if he runs out wearing no.6 and Cogger (say) in no.3, but they play their normal positions? Do they have to play in their named positions for a set no. of minutes per game? what if there are injuries that require a reshuffle? Surely its not intenionally vague so they can allow some teams to do what they want and penalise other teams (such as, ooh I don't know, us?)???

5/8 isn't his best position at this stage of his career, for sure.