Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's totally broken his relationship at the Roosters. If he stayed with them next year he'd be playing reserve grade all year and he knows that. They'd rather spend his 2020 salary on players who will remain at the club.

The thing is we only have between 400K and 600K left up our sleeve for next year from everything I've read (and that's a lot). Dogs could only get him if they back-ended his contract for 2020 into future years but the club promised some time ago that the club will never back-end contracts again remember ?. They would surely rather let Latrell slip through their fingers than be liars by breaking their promise and thus open to ridicule - even by members of the former board. If the club (as in ALL directors, not 1 director only) were seriously interested in Mitchell don't you think Andrew Hill or Dean Pay would have met with him before now ? Don't you think he would have been hosted on a tour of Belmore and seen by at least 1 person ? Don't you think we would have made an "official" offer before now ?

Lynne Anderson was "quoted" directly yesterday saying no offer has been made to Mitchell and he has not spoken to Hill or Pay.

IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like the previous board the current board would rather the team suffer than them look stupid personally.
You know it’s just possible they have made a official offer. They aren’t going to come out in the media or give you a personal call giving you up to the minute updates of the negotiation process.

I can’t believe you’d even suggest a back ended deal after we finally get rid of the last of them you want the club to do it again......

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's totally broken his relationship at the Roosters. If he stayed with them next year he'd be playing reserve grade all year and he knows that. They'd rather spend his 2020 salary on players who will remain at the club.

The thing is we only have between 400K and 600K left up our sleeve for next year from everything I've read (and that's a lot). Dogs could only get him if they back-ended his contract for 2020 into future years but the club promised some time ago that the club will never back-end contracts again remember ?. They would surely rather let Latrell slip through their fingers than be liars by breaking their promise and thus open to ridicule - even by members of the former board. If the club (as in ALL directors, not 1 director only) were seriously interested in Mitchell don't you think Andrew Hill or Dean Pay would have met with him before now ? Don't you think he would have been hosted on a tour of Belmore and seen by at least 1 person ? Don't you think we would have made an "official" offer before now ?

Lynne Anderson was "quoted" directly yesterday saying no offer has been made to Mitchell and he has not spoken to Hill or Pay.

It's never gonna happen. Just like the last board the current board would rather the team suffer than them look stupid personally.
You are forgetting that the Roosters would pay a portion of his contract for 2020 should he leave. On top of that we may be getting a salary cap dispensation for Foran if he misses out on the first 13 rounds which is highly likely. This will be known in the coming days once the results of the Operation are revealed. Plus TPA's to be included. So based on your figures a million $ is possible for 2020.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Meanwhile parra just confirmed Ryan Matterson.

Not bad to back up Reagan Gillard, waqa blake.

Further backing up the recruit of Ferguson moses Paulo and whoever else.

Fucking sad when all of them walk into our squad

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know it’s just possible they have made a official offer. They aren’t going to come out in the media or give you a personal call giving you up to the minute updates of the negotiation process.

I can’t believe you’d even suggest a back ended deal after we finally get rid of the last of them you want the club to do it again......
If they were lying then they just wouldn't say anything. Lynne Anderson wouldn't come out and categorically deny it
I'm not suggesting we offer a back-ended deal. I'm saying the board won't do it because they already opened their mouths and promised they wouldn't. If he could have held out at the Roosters for another year on friendly terms we may have been sweet

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are forgetting that the Roosters would pay a portion of his contract for 2020 should he leave. On top of that we may be getting a salary cap dispensation for Foran if he misses out on the first 13 rounds which is highly likely. This will be known in the coming days once the results of the Operation are revealed. Plus TPA's to be included. So based on your figures a million $ is possible for 2020.
I hope you're right but I'd be very surprised if the Roosters offer to pay $1 of his new deal and even if they did it would be a very minor amount. They want to free up $$$ so they can sign David Fifita (oh AND Tyson Frizel)

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to make an exception to that rule under special circumstances
Its a one off, latrell the best centre of the world comes into the market a year earlier.
As long as they don't consistently and deliberately do it for niff nuffs

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

They will never win anything without a strong culture. They've built teams before many times and failed.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’d funny before all this talk had started again, I remember there was a poster recently who came on here and said latrell Mitchell to dogs 110%
Yes there's been a few of them I think actually. Where are they Now ?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
THIS MIGHT SOUND RUBBISH TO MANY, ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I HAVE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME AND HAVE SEEN A LOT OF THINGS.

Mitchell has not been in the right head space for some time now in fact he appeared to act a bit like SBW did for some time before he walked, perhaps it is because a 3rd party from some club got in his ear and told him that he is worth a lot more than he was paid. This would have made Politis mad, even though he and the Rotters have done the same thing to other clubs.
With the amount of corruption that is now so obvious, you can be sure that Politis has some if not all the player manages in the palm of his hand, like he has the media, and has instructed them to send Mitchell round in circles, very likely the reason for his continually changing managers.
From afar it looks to me like Politis is a very vindictive person, I am certain that he is now hell bent on doing as much harm as possible to Mitchell.
In doing what they are doing to Mitchell, they are also sending a message to all their other players.
BTW Mitchell would not be a good candidate to be paid money in brown paper bags.
How can you have 3??? managers. Who actually is representing him? The whole thing is farcical. Def Politis behind this snow job on him.

Maybe if they continue leaking against him and sending the journo hounds after him, he will leak info on their paper bags and under table payments.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Amazing that it's hypothesized, talked about, happens. Bugger doesn't happen like that for us :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope you're right but I'd be very surprised if the Roosters offer to pay $1 of his new deal and even if they did it would be a very minor amount. They want to free up $$$ so they can sign David Fifita (oh AND Tyson Frizel)
Roosters have said they will need to be compensated if LM leaves early.

Tough hombres those guys.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roosters have said they will need to be compensated if LM leaves early.

Tough hombres those guys.
Haha fuck could have sorted it months ago and gave them Lichaa when they entertained the idea haha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Still a different situation. We back ended deals thinking the salary cap would rise more then it did. We know the salary cap isn't going down so we can plan for it. Not saying to do it or not but it's completely different. I'd rather move on a player a year early if possible.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Roosters won't pay a cent. There will be another club that will snap him up. Us not going to be able to fit him in for 2020 (IF true) is going to cost us signing him. From what I've read there is no way he's staying at the Roosters. It's untenable.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still a different situation. We back ended deals thinking the salary cap would rise more then it did. We know the salary cap isn't going down so we can plan for it. Not saying to do it or not but it's completely different. I'd rather move on a player a year early if possible.
No they didn’t they backloaded to give themselves a premiership window. They had ratchet clauses in the contracts so it would match the increase in cap. Des did the same thing at Manly. Backloaded contracts still would have happened no matter how much the cap changed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No they didn’t they backloaded to give themselves a premiership window. They had ratchet clauses in the contracts so it would match the increase in cap. Des did the same thing at Manly. Backloaded contracts still would have happened no matter how much the cap changed.
They misjudged the salary cap growth... by a couple of million. It was to give us a premiership window but because the salary cap didn't rise to what they expected the aftermath is what we went through and are still going through... different situation. For example Foran's contract was 800k, 1m and 1.2m over three years. There were and still are plenty of players on similar contracts.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you’re always bagging the board but now want them to go back on a promise when it suits you?
Do you actually comprehend when you read? To explain it as simply as I can what I'm saying is the board won't be signing Mitchell and never intended to because their hands are tied by self interest mainly. To be honest though we're so desperate I wouldn't care really if they paid him 1M for 5 years or 400K for 2020 and 1.15M for the next 4 as long as it didn't become common practice with multiple players. $150K extra in future years isn't that big a chunk out of 9.9M cap for 2021 then rising. Like another said on here he'd attract other good young players so we'd save money down the line on not having to pay them overs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They misjudged the salary cap growth... by a couple of million. It was to give us a premiership window but because the salary cap didn't rise to what they expected the aftermath is what we went through and are still going through... different situation. For example Foran's contract was 800k, 1m and 1.2m over three years. There were and still are plenty of players on similar contracts.
Our problems were much higher than Dib’s salary cap miscalculation though mate. I’ve told you this before. Spoonman is 100% right

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you actually comprehend when you read? To explain it as simply as I can what I'm saying is the board won't be signing Mitchell and never intended to because their hands are tied by self interest mainly. To be honest though we're so desperate I wouldn't care really if they paid him 1M for 5 years or 400K for 2020 and 1.15M for the next 4 as long as it didn't become common practice with multiple players. $150K extra in future years isn't that big a chunk out of 9.9M cap for 2021 then rising. Lie another said on here he'd attract other good young players so we'd save money down the line on not having to pay them overs
I comprehend very well thank you.
Just saying you can’t have it both ways. If they went back on an election promise you’d bag them and also bag them if they didn’t. Your obsession with the board is getting out of control. They might need to apply for AVOs