Official Lachlan Lewis extends his contract with the Bulldogs until the end of 2021

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No reason to resign him, no one else would have him, he’s a very average footballer. Why not wait till mid way through the year, see if he can prove himself as first grade standard, which he hasn’t yet and I’m highly doubtful he ever will
My guess is by giving him a job for ‘21, he stays focussed in ‘20 and we get to see how capable he is for the longer term, rather than have him wondering how he might provide for his young family the following year and lose focus. If it doesn’t work out, we don’t have him much longer and haven’t spent a fortune. Smart strategy these shorter term contracts that make them earn their extensions and upgrades.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My guess is by giving him a job for ‘21, he stays focussed in ‘20 and we get to see how capable he is for the longer term, rather than have him wondering how he might provide for his young family the following year and lose focus. If it doesn’t work out, we don’t have him much longer and haven’t spent a fortune. Smart strategy these shorter term contracts that make them earn their extensions and upgrades.
Fair point.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Upgrade...meh. Honestly I get more worked up about him because so many jerk themselves over him. This is like Eastwood all over again for me where people acted like he was still the young kid that could play on the wing like he did at the Broncos lol
Honestly think the only reason people talk him up is because you get worked up about him and mention him in every 2nd post of yours, even if its nothing to do with him haha.
I like him, don't think he's the answer in our halves at the moment but no one really is without an experienced half to play off. You obviously have a soft spot for him so all is well and good :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly think the only reason people talk him up is because you get worked up about him and mention him in every 2nd post of yours, even if its nothing to do with him haha.
I like him, don't think he's the answer in our halves at the moment but no one really is without an experienced half to play off. You obviously have a soft spot for him so all is well and good :tearsofjoy:
Maybe...but some posters act like he's a future Immortal and JT like..

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upgrade...meh. Honestly I get more worked up about him because so many jerk themselves over him. This is like Eastwood all over again for me where people acted like he was still the young kid that could play on the wing like he did at the Broncos lol
So you didn't rate Greg Eastwood? Says it all to me, he was an awesome player always picked to represent his country always backing up making that tackle to stop tries when he went to England it left a massive hole

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you didn't rate Greg Eastwood? Says it all to me, he was an awesome player always picked to represent his country always backing up making that tackle to stop tries when he went to England it left a massive hole
I'm talking about the backend of his career where he was overweight and unfit, bloke cost us Finucane as he more than deserved the starting lock position ahead of him. Blokes carried on here like he was a star until his last game despite his workrate being absolutely abysmal and regularly pumping out well below par games.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are you on about??? They can remain off contract until September next year... like I said with the exception of dwz Hoppa smith and Jackson I wouldn’t even bother with the rest...
Maybe you should read my post again. You clearly didn't understand.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
True. I forgot he played that one game in Canberra, unfortunately it took him basically two years to get another shot.

I can't remember everyone that has come through, all I know is we have been way too hesitant to blood youngsters and have stuck with the typical squad player that sorta does the job and that's it. Youngsters would notice that and like I said Talau did leave because of that by a reports.

Averillo has to be in the mix for a spot to start the season, kid slotted into reserves at ease and outplayed Harper during his appearances. Wakeham again miles ahead in terms of raw skill and general playmaking ability, these kids need a proper shot instead of pissing away time on your substandard players that can sorta do a job and that's it.
Averillo is the brightest young talent to come through our grades for quite some time. Wouldn't even surprise me if he banged down the door in pre-season and is handed a starting centre spot in R1

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys know despite his awkward style parramatta have in particular it sss his defence that won us the game ( Shaun lane tackle ) and the passes to set up the try for Meaney .. also tackle on janes Robert . Some
People on here are so negative like our team is dammed if they don’t and dammed if they don’t .. I’m stoked just sign Jackson and hoppa / smith and we are on our way to building a future . Remember this team of nobodies won the last few games and knocked off finalist.. character has been built .. we’re on the up. Nothing negative to say about us right now and Latrell Mitchell? Not gonna lie would be stoked if we signed hulk but if he has the ego we think then we don’t need a player disrupting our flow .

#pay 24-7 #infinitymadness #resignpaytill3045

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo is the brightest young talent to come through our grades for quite some time. Wouldn't even surprise me if he banged down the door in pre-season and is handed a starting centre spot in R1
He's a genuine ball runner with pace and footwork, something we currently don't have in the backline and what a lot of successful teams do. There is the matter of deciding what's best for his development and the team, do we play him in the halves in reserves or do we blood him in firstgrade asap in an open position? I'm defenitely in favour of blooding him asap and going from there, but I know he defenitely wants to play in the halves and it's something he will keep in mind while negotiating his next contract.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You mean Mitchell’s spot??
I’m down with that. No Mitchell.
Only been saying that for 3 weeks.

Interested to see more of Averillo.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Couldn't see Pay doing that in a month of Sundays or the sky was falling in.

He will be selected when he's 23 or so.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't see Pay doing that in a month of Sundays or the sky was falling in.

He will be selected when he's 23 or so.
Would you care to substantiate that accusation by naming some players under the age of 23 who have warranted an opportunity based on lower grade form, that Pay hasn’t given an opportunity to?

I could name you plenty that he has picked.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Would you care to substantiate that accusation by naming some players under the age of 23 who have warranted an opportunity based on lower grade form, that Pay hasn’t given an opportunity to?

I could name you plenty that he has picked.
I'll just wait and see if your prediction of him playing in Round 1 eventuates.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll just wait and see if your prediction of him playing in Round 1 eventuates.
Lol. You’d win Olympic Gold off the 10 metre platform with a backflip like that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol. You’d win Olympic Gold off the 10 metre platform with a backflip like that.
I didn't bring up other players which you did. I only commented on your highly unlikely prediction that Pay would pick Averillo in R1.

You may be right for the very first time...but I doubt it :grinning:

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't bring up other players which you did. I only commented on your highly unlikely prediction that Pay would pick Averillo in R1.

You may be right for the very first time...but I doubt it :grinning:
First for everything?