Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Latrell on the verge of signing...

Most likely outcome is we do not getting any 'big' signings. Big money signings have not worked for us in the past and we aren't the Roosters who can go and spend 2 million + on 2 players in one off season.
Source?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He signed!

A few roosters jersey after the final....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kid has the capability of destroying his own career. That's one red flag I'm sure that has been considered in the valuation of his signature to our club and others.
Also he’s already mentally fragile,add to that being the highest $$ earner he will implode unfortunately he is getting some very poor advice

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone who thinks Latrell Mitchell is worth a million dollars a season.
How much is James Tedesco worth ?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1.2, to leave. But he’d get more staying with under the table stuff. He won’t leave

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone who thinks Latrell Mitchell is worth a million dollars a season.
What ever someone is willing to pay, and unfortunately the same applies to Latrell if he gets offered x amount then that's what it takes.
No different to anything (houses, cars etc) doesn't mean he deserves it but that's his worth.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tedesco is worth a whole lot more than what the nrl thinks the roosters are paying him

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think at this point in time latrell is done and dusted at the roosters. He won’t even get 800k anymore. He’ll have to kiss ass to get back in. Truth is he will go to the highest bidder above 800k if that’s where the roosters actually were. He’s got the premierships, SOO and test caps so nothing else to collect except the $$$
And the AMG merc

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's totally broken his relationship at the Roosters. If he stayed with them next year he'd be playing reserve grade all year and he knows that. They'd rather spend his 2020 salary on players who will remain at the club.

The thing is we only have between 400K and 600K left up our sleeve for next year from everything I've read (and that's a lot). Dogs could only get him if they back-ended his contract for 2020 into future years but the club promised some time ago that the club will never back-end contracts again remember ?. They would surely rather let Latrell slip through their fingers than be liars by breaking their promise and thus open to ridicule - even by members of the former board. If the club (as in ALL directors, not 1 director only) were seriously interested in Mitchell don't you think Andrew Hill or Dean Pay would have met with him before now ? Don't you think he would have been hosted on a tour of Belmore and seen by at least 1 person ? Don't you think we would have made an "official" offer before now ?

Lynne Anderson was "quoted" directly yesterday saying no offer has been made to Mitchell and he has not spoken to Hill or Pay.

IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like the previous board the current board would rather the team suffer than them look stupid personally.

How ridiculous would the current board look if after cleaning up the cap mess by releasing players and stating openly that they will never make the mistakes of the previous admin by back-ending contracts they then suddenly turn around and say "Oh yes we said that but a player like Latrell Mitchell is worth it" ?

I tell you one thing Latrell definitely won't be prepared to play for us for 400 or 600K next year then only take 1M a season after that or less.

The Wolfpack are interested in Valentine Holmes now apparently. I'd bet anyone that Mitchell will be playing either for the Cowboys or Tigers from 2020 - unless he also gets a better offer from the Wolfpack

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't heard Jonathan Thurston is saying that Latrell Mitchell should stay at the Roosters and not worry about the money.

Is this not hypocritical seeing JT left the Dogs and went to the cowboys for a better opportunity and money?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's totally broken his relationship at the Roosters. If he stayed with them next year he'd be playing reserve grade all year and he knows that. They'd rather spend his 2020 salary on players who will remain at the club.

The thing is we only have between 400K and 600K left up our sleeve for next year from everything I've read (and that's a lot). Dogs could only get him if they back-ended his contract for 2020 into future years but the club promised some time ago that the club will never back-end contracts again remember ?. They would surely rather let Latrell slip through their fingers than be liars by breaking their promise and thus open to ridicule - even by members of the former board. If the club (as in ALL directors, not 1 director only) were seriously interested in Mitchell don't you think Andrew Hill or Dean Pay would have met with him before now, don't you think he would have been hosted on a tour of Belmore, don't you think we would have made an "official" offer ? Lynne Anderson was quoted directly yesterday saying no offer has been made to Mitchell and he has not spoken to Hill or Pay. It's never gonna happen. Just like the last board the board would rather the team suffer than them look stupid personally.
If we had 600k available I would be thinking with third party’s it’s enough to get him here for 2020. That’s way 800k.

If we had 400k that’s 600k.

Plus we have forans 350k surely. He’s out 6 months from a international game. That would put us well above enough.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

The thing is we only have between 400K and 600K left up our sleeve for next year from everything I've read (and that's a lot). Dogs could only get him if they back-ended his contract for 2020 into future years but the club promised some time ago that the club will never back-end contracts again remember ?. They would surely rather let Latrell slip through their fingers than be liars by breaking their promise and thus open to ridicule - even by members of the former board. If the club (as in ALL directors, not 1 director only) were seriously interested in Mitchell don't you think Andrew Hill or Dean Pay would have met with him before now ? Don't you think he would have been hosted on a tour of Belmore and seen by at least 1 person ? Don't you think we would have made an "official" offer before now ?

Lynne Anderson was "quoted" directly yesterday saying no offer has been made to Mitchell and he has not spoken to Hill or Pay.

It's never gonna happen. Just like the last board the current board would rather the team suffer than them look stupid personally.
So you’re always bagging the board but now want them to go back on a promise when it suits you?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS MIGHT SOUND RUBBISH TO MANY, ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I HAVE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME AND HAVE SEEN A LOT OF THINGS.

Mitchell has not been in the right head space for some time now in fact he appeared to act a bit like SBW did for some time before he walked, perhaps it is because a 3rd party from some club got in his ear and told him that he is worth a lot more than he was paid. This would have made Politis mad, even though he and the Rotters have done the same thing to other clubs.
With the amount of corruption that is now so obvious, you can be sure that Politis has some if not all the player manages in the palm of his hand, like he has the media, and has instructed them to send Mitchell round in circles, very likely the reason for his continually changing managers.
From afar it looks to me like Politis is a very vindictive person, I am certain that he is now hell bent on doing as much harm as possible to Mitchell.
In doing what they are doing to Mitchell, they are also sending a message to all their other players.
BTW Mitchell would not be a good candidate to be paid money in brown paper bags.