TIME TO BE BRAVE

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m not about the board shit fight.

Though why are people saying who replaces management if they are incompetent?

The previous board have been replaced for having numerous issues.

Nothing to say someone else far more competent isn’t plotting a rival ticket or potentially interested.

Again not saying this board will go or should go. Though a rebuttal to someone stating concerns is who replaces them isn’t much of a rebuttable.

Do you keep shit staff as you need to search elsewhere? No. You remove them and secure a replacement (ideally before terminating the current employee) though we aren’t responsible for the who to rival conversation
If that is the best alternative in the future!

I’ve said numerous times now they are in the process of deciding their fate in my opinion.

They could be about to show themselves extremely capable
At their job, or they could go the complete opposite direction and be seen as out of their depth.

Time will tell.
Fair summation but we probably need some can do people added to the organisation to improve our fortunes and profile.

Some names to approach:

Craig Emerson
https://home.kpmg/au/en/home/contacts/e/craig-emerson.html

Steve Waugh
Mark Waugh
Elke Graham
Ian Thorp

Give Fairfax/Nine some shares so they oppose some of DT Newscorpse bagging of us.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My club and team comes first, unlike some I have no bias support.
In this free country of ours we all have our respectful opinions but you my friend are unnecessarily getting defensive about the board, why ?
In the real world people get elected or employed to do a job and should be given a chance to do so, if they fail their duties we all know what the consequences should be. If people blindly support anyone and I mean anyone...we are doomed !!!
I don’t detect bias.
We all want the club to come first.
It takes time.
They inherited a shit-show.
They, in respecting their director duties have not made those details public.
They haven’t even been in the job two years.
They need two terms.
If we haven’t seen vast improvement by the following election in Feb-22, I will be the first to be calling for their replacement.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My club and team comes first, unlike some I have no bias support.
In this free country of ours we all have our respectful opinions but you my friend are unnecessarily getting defensive about the board, why ?
In the real world people get elected or employed to do a job and should be given a chance to do so, if they fail their duties we all know what the consequences should be. If people blindly support anyone and I mean anyone...we are doomed !!!
I just call if as it is and I'm sick of people throwing the toys out of the cot when they don't get their own way.

The current board have done a good job cleaning up the mess they were left with and as you say they should be given a chance to do their duties.

Their work is far from finished and people think the place is a mess because we haven't signed a superstar on huge money yet there hasn't been ball kicked in 2020 and not a single player change clubs for 2021.

I think a bit of perspective is needed.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just call if as it is and I'm sick of people throwing the toys out of the cot when they don't get their own way.

The current board have done a good job cleaning up the mess they were left with and as you say they should be given a chance to do their duties.

Their work is far from finished and people think the place is a mess because we haven't signed a superstar on huge money yet there hasn't been ball kicked in 2020 and not a single player change clubs for 2021.

This board thinks that we are going forward with solid first graders, enough said

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been 16 years and counting and most of the fans have stuck strong, the bulldogs have the most loyal fans in rugby league, we're not going to win shit for the next decade at least, but the bulldogs fans will still be around to support the club!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know things aren't good when
Off field your major sponsors are deserting you or minimizing their involvement.
On field your marquee players jump ship and other marquee players can't be convinced to join us even if we offer more than a fair contract.
This is the time, supporters must be extra loyal, time to be brave and turn up in droves !!!
Management and board members should know if they fail to fix the team for 2021 they have to be brave and fall on their swords.
It might seem to be harsh but it is reality.
The club and the supporters have suffered enough for way too long !!!
Totally agree.

Concerned fans need to voice their concern and apply pressure to the current board and management. Let them know you're unhappy with their failures in recruitment for 2021. Not much quality left now already. (Lynne Anderson confirmed yesterday we haven't even made an official offer - ANY OFFER of talked officially to Mitchell and I'd bet we didn't to Manu either). The NRL and club employ professional media monitoring services (I know because I work in the industry) to pick up keywords mentioned in traditional media and social media (Twitter, Facebook fan pages etc). Complaints definitely go up the chain. I encourage all concerned to bombard the club with social media posts and emails via members@bulldogs.com.au or digital@bulldogs.com.au and via comments sections of online versions of major media publications.

I've posted complaints about the board and management in recent days (ensure you mention CEO Andrew Hill or Lynne Anderson and Bulldogs) on the major Dogs Facebook page and on Twitter using #proudtobeabulldog

I also sent a long email to the club earlier today attention to Lynne Anderson. They obviously won't read everything but if they start to get BIG volumes of course they will be told about it and they might start reading the ones that stand out.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your club is being brave by not caving into the demands of Mitchell and giving him the fullback spot. It was not that long ago they would have bent over to get LM in your jersey.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your club is being brave by not caving into the demands of Mitchell and giving him the fullback spot. It was not that long ago they would have bent over to get LM in your jersey.
If Lm goes to another club and becomes the next inglis, would you give yourself an uppercut lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just going to play out how it will, be interesting an maybe frustrating. But it is what it is.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Lm goes to another club and becomes the next inglis, would you give yourself an uppercut lol
You mean overrated and a drink driver? There's more chance of that happening than you think.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just going to play out how it will, be interesting an maybe frustrating. But it is what it is.
Bro it’s not that hard, you always go after the best players available, that’s how a big club rolls in every sport

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Peoples impression of latrell is coming from the media, not from latrell himself.
For the life of me, i can not understand how people can judge a person without actually knowing the bloke

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's already lazy, just like Inglis. He's not as mentally strong as Inglis was and he's got the wrong people advising him, just like Inglis had during the Melb cap scandal.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I criticized the previous board and coach back in 2015 when all fans were still doing cartwheels over making the 2014 GF.
We have suffered since 2012 GF from bad management and bad coaching.
If we fail to rebuild the team for 2021 can you handle more of the same for net few years ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I criticized the previous board and coach back in 2015 when all fans were still doing cartwheels over making the 2014 GF.
We have suffered since 2012 GF from bad management and bad coaching.
If we fail to rebuild the team for 2021 can you handle more of the same for net few years ?
Of course questions will be asked and people held to account if they haven't done a satisfactory job.

Unless you know the results on this upcoming season and the roster for 2021 I have no idea how you make a judgement at the minute?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
If you're talking about Latrell Mitchell then I applaud the club for not signing him. Step in the right direction imo.

P.s i wonder how much these candidates are paying posters to spruik their propaganda for them on here? It's transparent as fukk lol.

Seen it all before. Move along people.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Two years can be a long time in rugby league. As far as I know we may be making big plays to get youngsters of Kalyn Pongas calibre here instead of taking the easy and expensive path by chasing the flavours of the month. Historically our biggest stars didn't come here with huge reputations. We recruited based on potential that hadn't been reached.

I know that Mitchell has talent. But the fact that he's willing to walk away from successive premierships if the price is right tells me that part of his attitude doesn't match what I want our marquee players to represent. If he comes to the club I'll support him, just like I do with Napa who wasn't on my wishlist of players to sign. But a team of stars doesn't always make a star team.

I'll be happy if we sign a lot of quality youngsters who have the determination to succeed as well as a few older players that are of the same mindset. Lattrell doesn't seem to have that mindset which is why I wouldn't want to chase him at any cost.

As far as things go with our board. They walked into a system that had dropped the ball in terms of producing juniors. They've made moves already to remedy that which I respect. They've had 8 days to recruit for 2021. And while some people here are annoyed that we haven't already sorted out our roster for two years time, I'm hardly ready to assume that we're going to be without quality players in two years time.

A club like Melbourne have proven that you can earn success without needing to sign the best of established talent. I'd prefer to follow that model of running a club than to try emulating the Roosters model.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro it’s not that hard, you always go after the best players available, that’s how a big club rolls in every sport
Yes agree, but it’s out of our hands brother, nothing to do as per usual but sit back an watch it unfold .. and hope for some official news.