TIME TO BE BRAVE

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know things aren't good when
Off field your major sponsors are deserting you or minimizing their involvement.
On field your marquee players jump ship and other marquee players can't be convinced to join us even if we offer more than a fair contract.
This is the time, supporters must be extra loyal, time to be brave and turn up in droves !!!
Management and board members should know if they fail to fix the team for 2021 they have to be brave and fall on their swords.
It might seem to be harsh but it is reality.
The club and the supporters have suffered enough for way too long !!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what marquee players have jumped ship? Klemmer... psssht... Klemmer looks good today in a weak competition but he ain't a mongrel... Napa will be much more valuable when we are playing semi final football next year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dare to be brave?

"on field your marquee players jump ship", I'm PRETTY SURE we moved them on so we could fix our salary cap for 2021. It hurt at the time (for me at least) but I'm ready to see how we recruit and move forward!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
what marquee players have jumped ship? Klemmer... psssht... Klemmer looks good today in a weak competition but he ain't a mongrel... Napa will be much more valuable when we are playing semi final football next year
I hate both of their styles. I THINK Klemmer especially should be finished in rep football. His slow play the balls kill me and his teammates. It might take two to three defenders to get him down but unless he's going to offload it's useless. I don't want to shit on Napa too much because he's our own but there is diffidently things I don't like about him either. I'll be more happier when he's coming of the bench and hopefully with a renegotiated contract post 2021.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah didn't move any Marquee type players on for mine. But agree we need to sort something out. But hey theres time....

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even if they totally screw up (which I don’t think they will) they’ll be here at least until the election after next

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I hate both of their styles. I THINK Klemmer especially should be finished in rep football. His slow play the balls kill me and his teammates. It might take two to three defenders to get him down but unless he's going to offload it's useless. I don't want to shit on Napa too much because he's our own but there is diffidently things I don't like about him either. I'll be more happier when he's coming of the bench and hopefully with a renegotiated contract post 2021.
Well that's the thing, I reckon that Reagan Campbell-Gillard would've gotten the nod over Klemmer in SoO had he not been injured.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone calling for the boards head need to come up with a alternative board. It's all well and good shooting your mouth off saying they should go but who replaces them?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind napa tbh.. he just needs another big body to help him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well that's the thing, I reckon that Reagan Campbell-Gillard would've gotten the nod over Klemmer in SoO had he not been injured.
Gotta have hard running, agile, off loading, tackle busting forwards nowdays. Dogs only have CHN and Ogden and Renouf.

Pay only has 1 on the run on team.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Go on give me some names...........
Don’t distract them Spoonman!
Their collective genius is currently building a foolproof strategy that will have the premiership in Belmore before you know it!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Off field your major sponsors are deserting you or minimizing their involvement.
On field your marquee players jump ship and other marquee players can't be convinced to join us even if we offer more than a fair contract.
This is the time, supporters must be extra loyal, time to be brave and turn up in droves !!!
Management and board members should know if they fail to fix the team for 2021 they have to be brave and fall on their swords.
This is mostly fair.
But remember this was always about getting back to health for 2021 and we’re not there yet.
This board needs two terms and yes, if after then we are not playing finals, have quality sponsors, a growing membership and big crowds among other priorities - I think we all agree their time would be up.

Absolutely agree re: support - ANZ can be a cavern outside SOO/GF - and there were a number of games I was at this year where you could hear the cash register at the bar ringing over the crowd (well, almost).

We need to support our boys - thick n’ thin.
We will rise again.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m not about the board shit fight.

Though why are people saying who replaces management if they are incompetent?

The previous board have been replaced for having numerous issues.

Nothing to say someone else far more competent isn’t plotting a rival ticket or potentially interested.

Again not saying this board will go or should go. Though a rebuttal to someone stating concerns is who replaces them isn’t much of a rebuttable.

Do you keep shit staff as you need to search elsewhere? No. You remove them and secure a replacement (ideally before terminating the current employee) though we aren’t responsible for the who to rival conversation
If that is the best alternative in the future!

I’ve said numerous times now they are in the process of deciding their fate in my opinion.

They could be about to show themselves extremely capable
At their job, or they could go the complete opposite direction and be seen as out of their depth.

Time will tell.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who was the marquee player who left? Klemmer? Woods? Klemmer was a good player but didn’t want to be here and left for Newcastle.i don’t think they had that great a year this year.as far as Latrell goes he wants more then 800k? You really think he is worth that? Don’t get me wrong he is a good player but not a great the difference is the great players perform weekly.latrell goes missing in games.indidntnwant is to sign him and I’m glad we pulled out.he should be staying loyal to the roosters that gave him his chance in first grade made him the player he is offered him 800k and says he’s not feeling the love!! Really.wow talk about greed.he isn’t in the class of great players like Inglis,Thurston,Cronk,

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not about the board shit fight.

Though why are people saying who replaces management if they are incompetent?

The previous board have been replaced for having numerous issues.

Nothing to say someone else far more competent isn’t plotting a rival ticket or potentially interested.

Again not saying this board will go or should go.

I’ve said numerous times now they are in the process of deciding their fate in my opinion.

They could be about to show themselves extremely capable
At their job, or they could go the complete opposite direction and be seen as out of their depth.

Time will tell.
People think the board gets replaced at the drop of a hat because of what happened at the last election and call for their heads as soon as something happens that they don't agree with.

A election result like that last one is very rare and this current board hasn't shown anything like incompetence.

At the minute there is no rival ticket so unless they know something I think its only fair that anyone calling for the current board to go comes up with a viable alternative.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who was the marquee player who left? Klemmer? Woods? Klemmer was a good player but didn’t want to be here and left for Newcastle.i don’t think they had that great a year this year.as far as Latrell goes he wants more then 800k? You really think he is worth that? Don’t get me wrong he is a good player but not a great the difference is the great players perform weekly.latrell goes missing in games.indidntnwant is to sign him and I’m glad we pulled out.he should be staying loyal to the roosters that gave him his chance in first grade made him the player he is offered him 800k and says he’s not feeling the love!! Really.wow talk about greed.he isn’t in the class of great players like Inglis,Thurston,Cronk,
I'M really sick of people confusing worth and what we have to pay. I THINK Latrell is worth 700k but IF we want him we have to pay that sort of money (I THINK 1m). Otherwise what is the incentive?

Also we don't know the order of events. MAYBE the Roosters played hard ball with their 650k offer and Latrell already made up his mind to leave before their 800k offer.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone calling for the boards head need to come up with a alternative board. It's all well and good shooting your mouth off saying they should go but who replaces them?
My club and team comes first, unlike some I have no bias support.
In this free country of ours we all have our respectful opinions but you my friend are unnecessarily getting defensive about the board, why ?
In the real world people get elected or employed to do a job and should be given a chance to do so, if they fail their duties we all know what the consequences should be. If people blindly support anyone and I mean anyone...we are doomed !!!