Official Lachlan Lewis extends his contract with the Bulldogs until the end of 2021

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the current rate of attacking improvement, they would all have to spend 24/7 together as bunk buddies too!
He's had a lot on his plate this year. Aside from the fact that he had some time out with injury, he's become a father. I'd be sitting him down on day one of the pre-season and talking about what he needs to improve to cement a spot in the side. I'm sure that he's not peaked in his skills yet. He will be wanting to get better just for the sake of providing for his family. I really think he's going to have a good year if he's as dedicated as he seems. It will be a much smoother time in his career without the worries and uncertainties of impending fatherhood. Don't write him off just yet.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
This makes me stho happy! Like Pamela Anderson running down the beach after a dip in winter

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it keeps a bit of (hopefully cheap) depth in our top 30 for 2021. Foran's latest, and hopefully career ending, injury might of rushed the signing a bit, but I wonder if a conversation about a possible back-row move has happened.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand the resigning of a select few, but Instead of making some of these shit kickers fight for their contract we urgently resigning em, and then we have these parasites on the kennel praising these resignings....
How do you figure we are urgently re-signing players???? As far as I'm aware we have something like 20 of our top 30 players off contract after 2020. This is hardly urgency.
In any case, we need our top 29 in place before season 2020, so we either re-sign existing players, or we have to go to market to replace every single player we want to release. So what would you have the club do??

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes young and learning his trade. He tries things. Hes a better player than Cooper Cronk was at the same age. The off season with more focus on his attack, and now he can sit up and see Foran is out for half the season he and Cogger will revel in the challenge of being the incumbent halves. Look to have Lewis taking the line on more himself, Cogger already better than him at that, and working on his pace. He can pass both ways and has good instincts. Then defensively on the edges he inspires his teammates. Good extension.
Surely not, Cooper Cronk had already won Daly M halfback of the year and played in a GF at that age.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When I was reading the article I was thinking fuck they are talking him up with “outstanding kicking skills, great passing skills and tough defence” then I realised it was a propaganda msg from the bulldogs :p

lol

no media outlet would have described him that way.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of other teams supporters actually rate him as do ex players, just a lot of our supporters dont haha.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news. The dogs need to forget the Foran fairy tale.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you figure we are urgently re-signing players???? As far as I'm aware we have something like 20 of our top 30 players off contract after 2020. This is hardly urgency.
In any case, we need our top 29 in place before season 2020, so we either re-sign existing players, or we have to go to market to replace every single player we want to release. So what would you have the club do??
What are you on about??? They can remain off contract until September next year... like I said with the exception of dwz Hoppa smith and Jackson I wouldn’t even bother with the rest...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess it keeps a bit of (hopefully cheap) depth in our top 30 for 2021. Foran's latest, and hopefully career ending, injury might of rushed the signing a bit, but I wonder if a conversation about a possible back-row move has happened.
Kid is capable of playing 4 or 5 positions and be counted as a bench utility.. no harm in this extension what so ever.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d love that too. Would you rather Lewis or Josh Reynolds?
Lewis is basically Reynolds if you switched out the running game for a defensive game lol. Probably explains why heaps jerk themselves over Lewis as there's so many similarities.

And no I won't answer who I'd prefer :tearsofjoy:, just have to hope Lewis is still on his 125k contract and the club didn't upgrade him to something stupid when he's showed fuck all improvement over the last season. He has another opportunity so hopefully he works on something and shows some sort of improvement offensively.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis is basically Reynolds if you switched out the running game for a defensive game lol. Probably explains why heaps jerk themselves over Lewis as there's so many similarities.

And no I won't answer who I'd prefer :tearsofjoy:, just have to hope Lewis is still on his 125k contract and the club didn't upgrade him to something stupid when he's showed fuck all improvement over the last season. He has another opportunity so hopefully he works on something and shows some sort of improvement offensively.
He will be well above the 125k I would say. He's starting halfback whether or not anyone likes that, I'd say he's on at least double that, at least.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For memory the last teenager we blooded was Reimis Smith back in 2016.

Since then - who from our U20's setup has actually warranted a debut at that age? I certainly can't think of any.
True. I forgot he played that one game in Canberra, unfortunately it took him basically two years to get another shot.

I can't remember everyone that has come through, all I know is we have been way too hesitant to blood youngsters and have stuck with the typical squad player that sorta does the job and that's it. Youngsters would notice that and like I said Talau did leave because of that by a reports.

Averillo has to be in the mix for a spot to start the season, kid slotted into reserves at ease and outplayed Harper during his appearances. Wakeham again miles ahead in terms of raw skill and general playmaking ability, these kids need a proper shot instead of pissing away time on your substandard players that can sorta do a job and that's it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will be well above the 125k I would say. He's starting halfback whether or not anyone likes that, I'd say he's on at least double that, at least.
A starting halfback that can't run or ball play, eh. Would be laughable if he's on much more than 125k.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No reason to resign him, no one else would have him, he’s a very average footballer. Why not wait till mid way through the year, see if he can prove himself as first grade standard, which he hasn’t yet and I’m highly doubtful he ever will