Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Found this

Yes i am a souths man, yes i am prepared for the onslaught. In saying so you boys may want to know that Latrell verbally committed to us back in may this year. Won’t reveal my source because if this gets out it’ll be easy to narrow them down so believe what you will, take it with a grain of salt doesn’t bother me.

Latrell and his family are livid South Sydney fans it hasn’t exactly been a secret in regards to that. He verbally agreed to us behind closed doors in may pending money etc. This is where the relationship with the Roosters started to break down. Everyone knows how well you mob keep the lid on things but his mind has been elsewhere for a while now. The family think he is better off playing for us especially mentally. Surrounded by the community and a direct role within Souths Cares is the big driving point behind it. The deal is rumoured to be 5 years money has not been discussed ( to me anyways ).

No one has told me this but i suspect he’ll either be moulded into a fullback under the guidance of Inglis who’s no secret one of his role models. That or he will slot into 5/8 if walker is shafted to Penrith or the Titans on big money. Either way he’ll be a spine player within our squad he won’t remain a centre.

Believe what you want but this was settled long ago no other club was in the running besides our mob and your guys mob, well see how it all transpires over the next few weeks regardless.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Found this

Yes i am a souths man, yes i am prepared for the onslaught. In saying so you boys may want to know that Latrell verbally committed to us back in may this year. Won’t reveal my source because if this gets out it’ll be easy to narrow them down so believe what you will, take it with a grain of salt doesn’t bother me.

Latrell and his family are livid South Sydney fans it hasn’t exactly been a secret in regards to that. He verbally agreed to us behind closed doors in may pending money etc. This is where the relationship with the Roosters started to break down. Everyone knows how well you mob keep the lid on things but his mind has been elsewhere for a while now. The family think he is better off playing for us especially mentally. Surrounded by the community and a direct role within Souths Cares is the big driving point behind it. The deal is rumoured to be 5 years money has not been discussed ( to me anyways ).

No one has told me this but i suspect he’ll either be moulded into a fullback under the guidance of Inglis who’s no secret one of his role models. That or he will slot into 5/8 if walker is shafted to Penrith or the Titans on big money. Either way he’ll be a spine player within our squad he won’t remain a centre.

Believe what you want but this was settled long ago no other club was in the running besides our mob and your guys mob, well see how it all transpires over the next few weeks regardless.
Sounds like the most accurate thing I've read about this saga so far

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Found this

Music to my ears that he is joining the entitled ones! P.s can you please send Mr D. Cook back to us as a clean swap or are Souffs becoming more and more akin to their arch nemesis each day with a red & green sombrero so they can keep him too???

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even the grub managers don’t think he’s worth a million but some on here want to give him half the Leagues Club....
Spoonman you know better than to believe these articles. The Latrell story is like a goldmine and wet dream for the media to have free reign to fabricate an infinite amount of stories each day, each one contradicting the other. From the same media outlet. Often by the same "journalist".

This same "agent" from a quote we don't even know is real or not wouldn't be saying the same if Latrell was his client. He'd be saying he's worth more than what $BW got!

Banned
Reaction score
I don't care where either of them play. Just Latrell is a must for me. I'd prefer Latrell Centre > Fullback > Five-Eighth but if the only way to get him is Fullback you can't pass on it. You also can't say DWZ is a better Fullback then Latrell.
Why not in the forward pack?
Perhaps even a hooker?
Fuck, why not coach the side whilst at it?
Be the first playing coach to win a title in the modern era, to show Rorters what they gave up upon!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why not in the forward pack?
Perhaps even a hooker?
Fuck, why not coach the side whilst at it?
Be the first playing coach to win a title in the modern era, to show Rorters what they gave up upon!
Okay you took that way too far.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we're not signing Latrell today I'll be satisfied with resigning Jackson, Hopoate and Reimis. Please Bulldogs board! :tonguewink:.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spoonman you know better than to believe these articles. The Latrell story is like a goldmine and wet dream for the media to have free reign to fabricate an infinite amount of stories each day, each one contradicting the other. From the same media outlet. Often by the same "journalist".

This same "agent" from a quote we don't even know is real or not wouldn't be saying the same if Latrell was his client. He'd be saying he's worth more than what $BW got!
Of course but the point still stands that giving him anywhere a million is ridiculous.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson directly quoted yesterday in saying that we never made a formal offer to Latrell Mitchell and he has never spoken with Andrew Hill or Dean Pay. Joey Manu re-signed with the Roosters for unders for only 2 years. Pretty obvious he didn't receive a longer offer too good to refuse from us

It's fairly f..king obvious to any Dogs fan I would have thought that we need "at minimum" 1 outside back for 2021 to upgrade the position currently filled by Holland/Montoya/Harper yet I'm F..KING AMAZED our board / management never even made a direct offer it seems to 2 of the best young centres in the world - from the Premiership winning team who were both available for 2021. That f..king does it / does them for me. If you think the board have done a good job because they extended DWZ for a few years and Lewis for an extra year then you're too easily f..king pleased sorry. What's left for 2021 now already ? The SCRAPS. They're sitting around sitting on their f..king hands obviously and if they're not thrown out at the election in February then don't complain when we're just scraping into the 8 "maybe" in 5 years time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course but the point still stands that giving him anywhere a million is ridiculous.
My point is that for a talent like him it is close to his value in an inflated market where Ben Hunt, Ash Taylor and Anthony Milford all earn more than that and I dont blame his agent for asking for that much considering the above.

Whether he's actually worth that much is a different argument but it's like the property prices in Sydney. Even places you wouldn't want to live in cost three times as much as they should because someone else will pay that price and worse places have sold for more.