Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I liked popcorn I would have gone through several buckets of it today.

Thanks for all the entertainment, looking forward to more tomorrow.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole thing is a fucking circus. The media haven’t helped him. Linking him to every club without any quotes from latrell or his management.
Journos are like car salesman and real estate agents (no offence to any of you blokes here in that profession) but they spin a good story

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This thread has 21,000 views lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So, piss off the newly re-signed guy who turned our season around and breathed life back into our team who has nothing but positive things to say about our club, to accommodate a mercenary malcontent who is just after top dollar whoever will give it to him/however he can get it. Sounds like a plan... :confused:
Hallelujah Axeman. Poetry.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love the fact that this whole thing started when we offered him $11M over 10 years earlier this year. That put the thought in his head that he's worth more. Ideally it would make the Roosters offer him more but the appear to have called his bluff. His value now appears to be dropping, he could be a bargain buy in a few weeks.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You guys are all crazy :tonguewink: .

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah with the canterbury league's club, George Coorey will announce it..

Fairdinkum make this guy the chairman of the football club at least he gets shit done , he is old school the closest shrewd negotiator we have had since bullfrog..

As for the current football board hang your heads in shame if we miss out on one of the best footballers going around

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell: Canterbury officials in disagreement over Sydney Roosters star’s price tag, reports

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
LEAGUE

Canterbury-Bankstown officials are reportedly yet to reach a consensus on Sydney Roosters star Latrell Mitchell’s price tag amid rumours the Bulldogs are prepared to offer the Australia centre $1 million a season.

Mitchell comes off contract at the end of the 2020 NRL campaign and is therefore free to negotiate with rival clubs.

The 22-year-old in June expressed his desire to finish his rugby league career as a one-club player.

But Mitchell, who will make his fourth Test appearance for the Kangaroos against the Tonga Invitational on Saturday, has been strongly linked with the Bulldogs since June.

MORE: Broncos target could remain at current club, report | Ex-Broncos to return to Red Hill in 2020, report |

News Limited journalist James Hooper on Thursday reported ‘The Family Club’ are prepared to pay Mitchell $1 million a season to lure him from Bondi to Belmore.

But it has now emerged some members of the Bulldogs hierarchy are not as enthusiastic about signing Mitchell as others.

“There’s parties at Canterbury who are desperate to get Latrell there and are willing to go to great lengths but I don’t know that the footy club is as convinced of Latrell,” News Limited journalist Brent Read told Triple M’s The Rush Hour with MG.

“I think they’re wary and will go to a certain point for Latrell, I don’t think he’ll get the million a year that’s been talked about.

“… I don’t think they’ll break the bank for Latrell because they got themselves into a fair bit of trouble a couple of years ago and their salary cap was a mess.

“And they’ve only just sort of come out of that and they’re very wary of getting themselves back into that situation.

“There’s a definite interest in Latrell and they will go there, but they’ll only go there to a point and then it’ll be in the Roosters’ court and Latrell’s court as to whether the Roosters want to respond to that amount and whether Latrell maybe wants to take a little bit less to stay at the Roosters.”

It is understood the Sydney Roosters have opened negotiations with Mitchell but are unwilling to enter a bidding war with the Bulldogs.

Meanwhile, Wests Tigers have money to spend following their decision to release Ryan Matterson and Ben Matulino’s medical retirement.

South Sydney would also have money to spend on a potential a late bid for Mitchell if they are successful in having Sam Burgess medically retired.
At first I was excited about the possibility of the Dogs signing Mitchell, however, the longer this saga goes on the more I cant help thinking this whole situation is going to screw us! Firstly, the Rorters have nurtured Latrell throughout all his sooky bullshit and have offered him 800k to resign long term, which he has knocked back and taken as an insult! Really??? 800k is a good crust for a centre, no other centre in the history of Rugby league has earned that kind of coin save Jack Bird who at the time essentially signed with the Broncs wanting to play 5/8. Apparently he wants to play fullback and we already have two players in Meaney and DWZ who want that position so something has to give if we sign him! Canterbury aren’t the type of club to let players dictate terms to them and at the moment Dean Pay has created good harmony amongst our playing group so I’m suggesting IF we do sign Latrell for those kind of figures then it might have a flow on affect amongst our current squad especially if he starts bunging on this sooky la la crap he currently is at the Rorters. I say we ditch this and play the patience game until a marquee team player comes along ie a gun halfback or dummy half which is essentially what our team needs going forward. Last thing we need is dramas from players at our club, we need team players at our club otherwise we could end being another Penrith debacle. With what I’ve seen this year from Latrell I’m going to say pass this one away Dogs! Mitchell has the potential to be one of the greats at fullback like Greg Inglis was, but Greg never fed anyone this type of shite, he was a humble player and being a good humble person first as well as being a gun talent wins respect, take not Mr Mitchell.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard from a reliable source tonight that Mitchell has signed a 5 year deal
I wouldn't be surprised, when clubs start to take their offers off the table you know he must have signed somewhere! If we go through the clubs his been linked to, we are the only one who haven't stated anything about withdrawing offers!

Also, just like the club kept quite regarding Klemmer leaving, I can see how the same people will stay quite over Mitchell coming!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if every nrl club just decides fuck it and being so put off by all this shit surrounding the prospect of signing Mitchell that he ends up either joining union, goes down the nfl route or joining money mill playing for Toronto wolf pack