Official Lachlan Lewis extends his contract with the Bulldogs until the end of 2021

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately with our halves stock low, our marquee half always injured and one more season of salary cap constraints I don’t think the club had a lot of choice. It’s only until the end of 2021 too. He needs to show a lot more and has a long way to go. Definite potential but a few areas of his game he must improve on
We sure do, salary cap relief for foran and sign Brodie croft... Lewis can fight for his contract, just like the other shit ***** That at off contract.. with the exception of Jackson smith Hoppa

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unfortunately with our halves stock low, our marquee half always injured and one more season of salary cap constraints I don’t think the club had a lot of choice. It’s only until the end of 2021 too. He needs to show a lot more and has a long way to go. Definite potential but a few areas of his game he must improve on
Scenes when Averillo and Wakeham leave us for better opportunities like Talau did because we blocked their path signing Lewis before a ball was even kicked ffs.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The family club..hes got the right dna..doggy dna..lol. looking forward to see this guy developing his skills @BELMORE.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Scenes when Averillo and Wakeham leave us for better opportunities like Talau did because we blocked their path signing Lewis before a ball was even kicked ffs.
Mate, you have plenty of factual and interesting comments on here, but that is just dribble.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate, you have plenty of factual and interesting comments on here, but that is just dribble.
It's entirely possible. Talau mad his debut at 19 for the Tigers, when was the last time we debuted a 19 year old? Both Averillo and Wakeham are off contract from memory and could easily be tempted away.

I'm also not saying they're a sure thing but in terms of raw skill they are far superior to the likes of Lewis and Cogger. Wakeham is a proper halfback and can organise a side and set up runners while Averillo is an electric ball runner...if the club was serious then both these guys should be given a shot early on in the season as they bring a lot of what our current side lacks.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost me at outstanding kicking skills haha.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's entirely possible. Talau mad his debut at 19 for the Tigers, when was the last time we debuted a 19 year old? Both Averillo and Wakeham are off contract from memory and could easily be tempted away.

I'm also not saying they're a sure thing but in terms of raw skill they are far superior to the likes of Lewis and Cogger. Wakeham is a proper halfback and can organise a side and set up runners while Averillo is an electric ball runner...if the club was serious then both these guys should be given a shot early on in the season as they bring a lot of what our current side lacks.
Not all sons turn out to be as good as the old man, and I loved Willy. But you have a serious hang up on Lewis and need to get over it for your own mental health. He is not "Wally" no one is, he was the KING. But he loves being a dog so thats a tick. He defends like Cement, thats a tick. And would would have signed for two fiths of fuck all...thats another tick. And he is a competitor and young, also a tick. Find something else to focus on, like who can we sign that is a big name and bleeds competitor...

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is a good signing. He has everything bar a runnin game. If he develops that he will be a bloody good half that no one can run through

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not all sons turn out to be as good as the old man, and I loved Willy. But you have a serious hang up on Lewis and need to get over it for your own mental health. He is not "Wally" no one is, he was the KING. But he loves being a dog so thats a tick. He defends like Cement, thats a tick. And would would have signed for two fiths of fuck all...thats another tick. And he is a competitor and young, also a tick. Find something else to focus on, like who can we sign that is a big name and bleeds competitor...
He's a highly rated junior in a position we have struggled to fill for years, who his dad is does not matter.

Lewis is a half yet he can't organise a side, can't manage a game, can't run the ball, no pace or footwork, not a ball player, etc. I'm sick of hearing about his fucking defence, who the fuck cares when you can't do something as basic as link up with your fucking edge forward who happens to be one do the better line runner in the game ffs.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah well done, good signing Doggies. loyalty maybe coming back to dogs. No hype.
Just get it done. Lewis loves the club

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a highly rated junior in a position we have struggled to fill for years, who his dad is does not matter.

Lewis is a half yet he can't organise a side, can't manage a game, can't run the ball, no pace or footwork, not a ball player, etc. I'm sick of hearing about his fucking defence, who the fuck cares when you can't do something as basic as link up with your fucking edge forward who happens to be one do the better line runner in the game ffs.
Yeah you are right, what was I thinking, you dont have a hang up on Lewis... Oh well, he has re-signed with the mighty dogs and as you have no intention of being sensible about it. "Tough Titties"

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We sure do, salary cap relief for foran and sign Brodie croft... Lewis can fight for his contract, just like the other shit ***** That at off contract.. with the exception of Jackson smith Hoppa
Do you think Croft is much better? He’d want more money too and I’d rather stick with our juniors until someone great came up

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know but we already played a lot of games with the most inexperienced halves in the comp and you want to go even more inexperienced? They’ll get their shot and I hope they take it with both hands

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think Croft is much better? He’d want more money too and I’d rather stick with our juniors until someone great came up
Sure do... Croft is a much better player then Lewis, cogger, wakeham...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For memory the last teenager we blooded was Reimis Smith back in 2016.

Since then - who from our U20's setup has actually warranted a debut at that age? I certainly can't think of any.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The kid has played 2 broken seasons in a row and as usual all the geniuses here have already penned out his NRL career going forward.

His defense is rediculously good. Defense is key and it shows his attitude towards his game. Attack hasn't set the world on fire, but geez have you seen this backline? No single player could turn our backline into world beaters.

I for one am happy one of our own wants to stay and do something special at this great club of ours.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The kid has played 2 broken seasons in a row and as usual all the geniuses here have already penned out his NRL career going forward.

His defense is rediculously good. Defense is key and it shows his attitude towards his game. Attack hasn't set the world on fire, but geez have you seen this backline? No single player could turn our backline into world beaters.

I for one am happy one of our own wants to stay and do something special at this great club of ours.
Well said. Pretty handy thing in rugby league is defence, believe it or not!

I recall a couple of games this season where a couple of his tackles alone were the difference between winning and losing.

I agree with the club statement - his kicking game is great. The rest of his craft in attack will continue to improve. Good head on his shoulders, fast learner.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know but we already played a lot of games with the most inexperienced halves in the comp and you want to go even more inexperienced? They’ll get their shot and I hope they take it with both hands
I want to go with a genuine half, someone that can actually run a ball, ball play and manage a game. We can't keep holding onto blokes that haven't kicked on for the sake of experience.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well said. Pretty handy thing in rugby league is defence, believe it or not!

I recall a couple of games this season where a couple of his tackles alone were the difference between winning and losing.

I agree with the club statement - his kicking game is great. The rest of his craft in attack will continue to improve. Good head on his shoulders, fast learner.
... and then we're also forgetting second year syndrome in an overall shit squad not helping him out at all. What did people expect?

His halves partner in Foran was no fucking help at all for him. People here should be more pissed at million dollar man rather than a kid having a go that's played all of 20 games or so.