Speed camera warning signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should the state Government be able to remove the speed camera signs and claim they will save more lives?
Sounds like a revenue ploy.
I reckon the warning signs slow the traffic.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's just a scam to make more money. Stop wasting money on pointless stuff then you won't have to fine people to make money.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were brought in for hotspots only. It worked. Crashes and fatalities at the hotspots dropped.
Now they want to take it away? Even blind Freddy knows it’s the cashhhhhh! Then they say that money is getting pumped back into the roads. Ha, funnier than Horse claiming he can take out @Boxer

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They were brought in for hotspots only. It worked. Crashes and fatalities at the hotspots dropped.
Now they want to take it away? Even blind Freddy knows it’s the cashhhhhh! Then they say that money is getting pumped back into the roads. Ha, funnier than Horse claiming he can take out @Boxer
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well I guess it depends on whether or not they work. I know there are a few spots where cameras should be installed but aren’t there (and likely won’t be there). But one thing you have to keep in mind is that nowadays, a lot of cars come with SatNav installed (my recent purchase does) and it gives me a warning whenever I’m approaching one. So even without signs, we know if we’re approaching one. Also if I'm driving to an area I'm not familiar with, I'll use the maps app on iOS and it'll also warn me if we're approaching one.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I just make sure I drive safe and follow all procedures.

Ive gotten fucked over with a few fines going through red light speed cameras in the city and eastern suburbs..

But the speed in those zones is 50km. I was doing 61km and drink driving.

Once with a drunk Brazilian in the passenger seat trying to climb all over me telling me she loves me!

Wahesh

Reaction score
@ASSASSIN so needs to read this ...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN so needs to read this ...
I rate a professional boxer over a BJJ fighter.
A boxer knows the correct technique to break a rib!

A BJJ fighter usually looks like a little man with a big chip on his shoulder.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just a plan to raise revenue. The point to point cameras are also going to now be working out the average speed of cars as opposed to just trucks too. I'm all for reducing road fatalities. But this isn't about reducing fatalities, it's all about revenue. Not really an issue for me since I abide by the road rules. But it's bad news for anyone that doesn't.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a sly move, but as others have already stated... Follow the speed limit to begin with and this doesn't become your problem. This is in our control.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's just a plan to raise revenue. The point to point cameras are also going to now be working out the average speed of cars as opposed to just trucks too. I'm all for reducing road fatalities. But this isn't about reducing fatalities, it's all about revenue. Not really an issue for me since I abide by the road rules. But it's bad news for anyone that doesn't.
Same here. The toughest bit though is driving 40 km/h in a school zone during when the lights are flashing. That gets pretty hard especially when you're on a main road. I've had to do it a few times on King George's road it feels like I'm just coasting along and cruising... not the usual 'life in the fast lane' type stuff I'm used to.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do councils get people to drive to the speed limit?
They drop speed signs by ten kay.
Since everyone drives about ten kay over Newcastle council dropped all speeds to 60 on main arteries so now everyone drives to the previous 70 when they were prolly doing 80 before.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not probably. It’s the core reason.
Play by the rules and you'll more than likely avoid getting banned. Simple as that. Break the rules and you're at the mercy of the moderators

As you fully well know from when you posted a racial slur towards another member on here.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Play by the rules and you'll more than likely avoid getting banned. Simple as that. Break the rules and you're at the mercy of the moderators

As you fully well know from when you posted a racial slur towards another member on here.
So no posts were made that baited Assassin into a reply that got him banned?

He has Assyrian and Russian blood flowing through him.

Both those ethnicities are known for being passionate and hot headed in what they believe in!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

I’m not the one on my last warning Mr Brokeback

Status
Not open for further replies.