• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly! And how do we become a top team again? By recruiting smarter and developing juniors! Yayyyy
How do you recruit smarter if you're not an attractive club for players? Developing juniors you can do on the side.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes and we can't recruit like them as we're not a top team.
Exactly! And how do we become a top team again? By recruiting smarter and developing juniors! Yayyyy
How do you recruit smarter if you're not an attractive club for players? Developing juniors you can do on the side.
By targeting the right players and not paying stupid money ie Foran. If we do both well we will be on our way to becoming a powerhouse again

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The roosters believe that he does not have the running game that a fullback needs
I heard that 2 years ago before Tedesco signed
And that was straight from a club official

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

By targeting the right players and not paying stupid money ie Foran. If we do both well we will be on our way to becoming a powerhouse again
What happens if other clubs want the same player we want? We miss out. We miss out. We miss out again.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm whingeing about the board because I can't see ANY evidence they are doing their f..king job - to improve our team. I want them to hear the criticism from fans and feel the pressure to be f..king "proactive" and sign some decent talent. So far it seems every single player we were rumoured to be interested in they've failed to sign. I very much doubt they even approached Joey Manu because he reportedly re-signed for around 650K a season for 2 years. If we didn't make him a formal offer considerably higher and longer than that then I really can't understand what the board are waiting for (SBW for 200K a season hopefully ?). Remember all clubs could talk to any players before November 1, they just couldn't register a contract til Nov 1 but maybe our dumb c..t board / CEO didn't even know that. It wouldn't surprise.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have we ever signed players in the past where we've actually been heavily linked to them in the media?

Just media as usual artificially throwing us in the ring.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What happens if other clubs want the same player we want? We miss out. We miss out. We miss out again.
Sometimes we do sometimes we don’t. It’s been happening to every team in the history of sport. We have already shown our hand by refusing to pay more than players such as Ramien and Api. Have faith. Gotta fly

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm whingeing about the board because I can't see ANY evidence they are doing their f..king job - to improve our team. I want them to hear the criticism from fans and feel the pressure to be f..king "proactive" and sign some decent talent. So far it seems every single player we were rumoured to be interested in they've failed to sign. I very much doubt they even approached Joey Manu because he reportedly re-signed for around 650K a season. If we didn't make him a formal offer considerably better than that then I really can't understand what the board are waiting for (SBW for 200K a season hopefully ?). Remember all clubs could talk to any players before November 1, they just couldn't register a contract til Nov 1 but maybe our dumb c..t board / CEO didn't even know that. It wouldn't surprise.
What do you want the board to do? Ring you each hour with a update on everything going on in the club? You eat up every report and article like its the stone cold truth and get worked up every time you have to realise that at least half probably even more of it is bullshit.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm whingeing about the board because I can't see ANY evidence they are doing their f..king job - to improve our team. I want them to hear the criticism from fans and feel the pressure to be f..king "proactive" and sign some decent talent. So far it seems every single player we were rumoured to be interested in they've failed to sign. I very much doubt they even approached Joey Manu because he reportedly re-signed for around 650K a season for 2 years. If we didn't make him a formal offer considerably higher and longer than that then I really can't understand what the board are waiting for (SBW for 200K a season hopefully ?). Remember all clubs could talk to any players before November 1, they just couldn't register a contract til Nov 1 but maybe our dumb c..t board / CEO didn't even know that. It wouldn't surprise.
Simple. Vote for someone else or apply for the board yourself. It’s easy to criticise when you are relying upon speculation and media dribble

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have we ever signed players in the past where we've actually been heavily linked to them in the media?

Just media as usual artificially throwing us in the ring.
We were linked to Foran for like 5 years until he came lol

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was fucken shit at fullback for the Roosters.

Get your hand off it
Watch the games you retard, he scored 2 tries against us and murdered us that game. Watch his u20 highlights, always a fullback and always killing it.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We were linked to Foran for like 5 years until he came lol
Yeah but that was 5 years full of shit. He was never coming during that period.

When he did finally sign and was serious, it all happened pretty quick in the end.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latrell is a talent and a half.

As a centre he is not complete but is almost there!

He is a lazy defender and doesnt do the hard yards.

You cannot justify $1m for a centre at all.
Roosters offer of 800k was more than fair. Joey Manu re-signed for 600k and is a more consistent player than Mitchell.

There is this perception out there, because we have money to spend in 2021, we must sign a million dollar player. Like yeah bro it sounds really cool, we have a million dollar player in our team.

We already got one of those and how did that work out? The majority knew it was going to be a bad signing because of the reasons which were known even before the signing.

From day 1 since Mitchell burst onto the scene, his attack was absolutely excellent. He always needed to work on his defence and workrate, and quite frankly its declined. The Roosters over the last few years have had the best defence along with the Storm and if Mitchell couldn't improve that aspect of his game, what makes you think he can at the Dogs? Dogs of war? Siege mentality? Give me a break.

Also have a look at the players around Mitchell creating space and feeding him the ball. You going to rely on Lewis throwing cut out balls to Mitchells mum in Row 2 Seat 6?

2021. There are no million dollar players out there, so i wouldn't be signing players on a million dollars, just for the "sake" of it. I do not know ecatcly what players are out there for 2021, but i would be looking at signing players to replace Tolman, Elliott and if there is a halve out there to partner Wakeham.

They say Taukeiaho and Thompson from St.Helens are available for 2021, I would definitely have a dip at both. Those 2 forwards would complete our pack.

In regards to spine players and outside backs, i do not know what is available.
Fair enough man. I agree that generally most high profile and expensive signings historically don't work.

I disagree regarding Latrell's performances as I think playing centre in a star studded team led to him not being as involved.

I agree that I wouldn't want to pay more than a million for him and Manu is more value (not that the Roosters wouldn't be chipping in more with brown paper bags) but also think Latrell will end up at fullback which makes $1 million not so crazy.

Anyway, everyone is going round in circles. If we missed out on Latrell but somehow ended up with Papenhuyzen, Grant and more youngsters of that calibre along with Thompson then I'd be happy.

Unfortunately I have little faith that the club will make those kinds of signings and it will be harder to attract players if we still haven't signed anyone a few months from now when our only recent recruits to try and attract other players are Brittz Katoa and Stimson... They might be solid signings, but they aren't moving the needle in trying to help recruit top end talent.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Mitchell will go to South Sydney.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watch the games you retard, he scored 2 tries against us and murdered us that game. Watch his u20 highlights, always a fullback and always killing it.
Under 2's and under 20's is not first grade you bespawler.

Fellows like you dont grow from trees, they swing from them

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Literally first game I noticed him. Killed us.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters believe that he does not have the running game that a fullback needs
I heard that 2 years ago before Tedesco signed
And that was straight from a club official
Mitchel has the running game, they played him at fullback at 19yo at NRL level, not an easy task!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Could be same guy three profiles
I'm losing my head a little just trying to keep up with the conversations I'm already having. Three would be insane.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mitchel has the running game, they played him at fullback at 19yo at NRL level, not an easy task!
He has all the tools. Will just need to learn when to inject himself. Possibly fitness. After one preseason and NRL season there he'll be unstoppable. Will be teething issues tho. Just want to see him with ball in hand as much as possible. More periods then not over the last two years where every touch was gold.