Opinion Should Foran retire?

Should Foran retire before 2020?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he's got to personally... I won't be pissed as a fan if he tries to play on.... but it must be frustrating as hell putting all that work in, to come back for a few games at a time
It’s not great news.but good news for wakeham.wakeham is our future.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would rather sezer than Croft.

Though I’d rather 350k go onto the Raimen and api money. Pushes it to mil at least (no way we offered them less than 350k each) probz more like 400k each.

Then if Mitchell can get a release fucking get him and our biggest weakness (centre) is fixed. No more holland or Montoya ffs.

Dwz
Smith
Hoppa
Latrell
Meaney (if he fails to kick on for 2020 he goes)

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG why can't people understand that he will not lose his 1.2 mil if he retires.

If that was the case of course no-one would walk away from it. He will get his money no matter what so why become even more of a cripple plus be a selfish ****?

He will get his fukin money!
If he retires, the Dogs are not obligated to pay him out. They can come to an agreement on a payout yes, but why wouldn't the dog's say to him we'll give you $500k to walk so that would free up $700k in the cap? Like I said what's best for both parties. So no I'm sorry if he retires he will not get his full $1.2m

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s not great news.but good news for wakeham.wakeham is our future.

Yeah I think a decision needs to be made because we need our young guys getting game time under their belt... can't just have Foz coming in for 3 games and then sitting out for 10

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Retire or not he shouldnt be re-signed.. unless a small salary..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even though he's determined to play on and still thinks he has several years left in him so has no plans to retire, he needs to face reality, bite the bullet and do what's best for himself and the club and call it quits.

Another year playing full contact if he some how can miraculously finish more than half a season at this rate he won't be able to walk by the time he hits 40

It's beyond painful to watch

Banned
Reaction score
It's almost at a point that it's criminal if the NRL fail to medically retire him.
They're taking concussion seriously, well somewhat.
Yet what about physical disabilities due to the game?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all depends on the extent of the injury
What we think is irrelevant the guy has a rich contract
I will throw a spanner in the works...
He will be out of action for 12 weeks or over...we will get $350k cap space.
We pay him $200k and release him.
Manly sign him for $500k
All Happy ever after !!!
Are you serious Manly pay $500.000 for Foran, do you really think Hasler is stupid, look how big a mess he left our club in.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you serious Manly pay $500.000 for Foran, do you really think Hasler is stupid, look how big a mess he left our club in.
I am sure they will include few safety clauses in the contract

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he retires, the Dogs are not obligated to pay him out. They can come to an agreement on a payout yes, but why wouldn't the dog's say to him we'll give you $500k to walk so that would free up $700k in the cap? Like I said what's best for both parties. So no I'm sorry if he retires he will not get his full $1.2m
Because he'll be personally down $700k, that's why he won't agree to it. Big call to expect someone to give up that much coin at the end of their career.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Retire or not he shouldnt be re-signed.. unless a small salary..
Retire or not re-signed at all for me. Theres no value having him in for an average of 50% of the season (like the last 2 years), it only causes instability in the lineup, even if he was only on 50K. Its beyond being just about the money hes on. You cant have such an important position filled by someone who could be out for months at any time, due to seemingly nothing physical incidents. Im happy for him to stay on in some kind of coaching or mentoring role though.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If this was a long serving player I would be happy for the club to keep supporting them. But foran isn't and will prob want close a 1m a season to sign on for 2021. He gives it his all when he does play but the dogs definitely haven't got value in foran. He owes us big time.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure they will include few safety clauses in the contract
If Manly were willing to pay him $500.000 for 2020 and we pay the remainder I'd be stoked, having an extra 1/2 M would be great, lets face it Foran will be off no use to us on the field anymore.
Also if we were to get $350.000 compensation for his injury while playing for NZ, the club could approach Ramien again with the news that we are now able to increase the original offer, might be worth trying he IMHO would be less of a risk for a lot less money than Mitchel.