Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell: Canterbury officials in disagreement over Sydney Roosters star’s price tag, reports

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
LEAGUE

Canterbury-Bankstown officials are reportedly yet to reach a consensus on Sydney Roosters star Latrell Mitchell’s price tag amid rumours the Bulldogs are prepared to offer the Australia centre $1 million a season.

Mitchell comes off contract at the end of the 2020 NRL campaign and is therefore free to negotiate with rival clubs.

The 22-year-old in June expressed his desire to finish his rugby league career as a one-club player.

But Mitchell, who will make his fourth Test appearance for the Kangaroos against the Tonga Invitational on Saturday, has been strongly linked with the Bulldogs since June.

MORE: Broncos target could remain at current club, report | Ex-Broncos to return to Red Hill in 2020, report |

News Limited journalist James Hooper on Thursday reported ‘The Family Club’ are prepared to pay Mitchell $1 million a season to lure him from Bondi to Belmore.

But it has now emerged some members of the Bulldogs hierarchy are not as enthusiastic about signing Mitchell as others.

“There’s parties at Canterbury who are desperate to get Latrell there and are willing to go to great lengths but I don’t know that the footy club is as convinced of Latrell,” News Limited journalist Brent Read told Triple M’s The Rush Hour with MG.

“I think they’re wary and will go to a certain point for Latrell, I don’t think he’ll get the million a year that’s been talked about.

“… I don’t think they’ll break the bank for Latrell because they got themselves into a fair bit of trouble a couple of years ago and their salary cap was a mess.

“And they’ve only just sort of come out of that and they’re very wary of getting themselves back into that situation.

“There’s a definite interest in Latrell and they will go there, but they’ll only go there to a point and then it’ll be in the Roosters’ court and Latrell’s court as to whether the Roosters want to respond to that amount and whether Latrell maybe wants to take a little bit less to stay at the Roosters.”

It is understood the Sydney Roosters have opened negotiations with Mitchell but are unwilling to enter a bidding war with the Bulldogs.

Meanwhile, Wests Tigers have money to spend following their decision to release Ryan Matterson and Ben Matulino’s medical retirement.

South Sydney would also have money to spend on a potential a late bid for Mitchell if they are successful in having Sam Burgess medically retired.
Latrell Mitchell will sign with the dogs. The problem is for 2020. There trying to get cap space for Foran, to lure Mitchell early.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is lazy at centre.

Fullback is totally out of the question.
He was always a fullback, he has only played centre in first grade. He started his first grade career at fullback and killed it, he did fade away a bit towards the end of that year due to his fitness and being so young.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That comment is pure crystal ball: you are speculating about something in the future that is yet to be determined. Your opinion is not fact.
Do you think the storm will start to suddenly struggle for the first time in 22 years when Cameron Smith retires? I don’t. They also have B. Smith, Munster, Hughes etc that they found

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t believe for a second we only have 400k to spend.

Dean pay himself said we where going at 2 of Herman api and Raimen.

Even conservatively they aren’t taking less than 250k each.

Herman May well of taken 300k or 250k. No way in the world api and Raimen where taking that. More like 350-400k each.

So even if you said we had 500-600k minimum with forans shit fight we easily have 800k+ without even throwing in tps

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Slightly different angle / info I thought might interest some. If you're not interested DON"T READ !
I don't know if you own a pet or multiple pets. But after you get out of this thread you ought to create threads outlining how your pets are being let down by the fact that we haven't already given you anything to fap about by throwing overs at the players you think will win us a premiership through individual brilliance.

How about this for a thread title. "Should I stop kicking my dog despite the board not having signed Mitchell?"

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Do you think the storm will start to suddenly struggle for the first time in 22 years when Cameron Smith retires? I don’t. They also have B. Smith, Munster, Hughes etc that they found
I am yet again stating they won a single title in 14 years not the dominate force the past decade has been with them.

So once again your comment is predicting based on your opinion. There is every chance when smith steps back they aren’t in this conversation.

Regardless I’m
Not arguing about the future lol. This is pointless!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What is his social media @'s?
Lm_69 or someshit, I can't remember. I saw them last night on some Instagram posts, dunno if they're still up or not.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Obviously you have no interest in signing Latrell like many others and that's fair enough.

But who would you like the club to sign for 2021?
Latrell is a talent and a half.

As a centre he is not complete but is almost there!

He is a lazy defender and doesnt do the hard yards.

You cannot justify $1m for a centre at all.
Roosters offer of 800k was more than fair. Joey Manu re-signed for 600k and is a more consistent player than Mitchell.

There is this perception out there, because we have money to spend in 2021, we must sign a million dollar player. Like yeah bro it sounds really cool, we have a million dollar player in our team.

We already got one of those and how did that work out? The majority knew it was going to be a bad signing because of the reasons which were known even before the signing.

From day 1 since Mitchell burst onto the scene, his attack was absolutely excellent. He always needed to work on his defence and workrate, and quite frankly its declined. The Roosters over the last few years have had the best defence along with the Storm and if Mitchell couldn't improve that aspect of his game, what makes you think he can at the Dogs? Dogs of war? Siege mentality? Give me a break.

Also have a look at the players around Mitchell creating space and feeding him the ball. You going to rely on Lewis throwing cut out balls to Mitchells mum in Row 2 Seat 6?

2021. There are no million dollar players out there, so i wouldn't be signing players on a million dollars, just for the "sake" of it. I do not know ecatcly what players are out there for 2021, but i would be looking at signing players to replace Tolman, Elliott and if there is a halve out there to partner Wakeham.

They say Taukeiaho and Thompson from St.Helens are available for 2021, I would definitely have a dip at both. Those 2 forwards would complete our pack.

In regards to spine players and outside backs, i do not know what is available.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t believe for a second we only have 400k to spend.

Dean pay himself said we where going at 2 of Herman api and Raimen.

Even conservatively they aren’t taking less than 250k each.

Herman May well of taken 300k or 250k. No way in the world api and Raimen where taking that. More like 350-400k each.

So even if you said we had 500-600k minimum with forans shit fight we easily have 800k+ without even throwing in tps
We did sign Britt and Katoa after that. So that's 200-300k there.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was always a fullback, he has only played centre in first grade. He started his first grade career at fullback and killed it, he did fade away a bit towards the end of that year due to his fitness and being so young.
He was fucken shit at fullback for the Roosters.

Get your hand off it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No because they're still going to be a top six team (at least) without him. They'll have 1m in the cap to spend without having to pay overs. Like you said they already have all this talent already there and probably more ready to go. There is a chance they drop off but that isn't going to be seen until after they've recruited. People said the same thing after Cronk and Billy left.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I am yet again stating they won a single title in 14 years not the dominate force the past decade has been with them.

So once again your comment is predicting based on your opinion. There is every chance when smith steps back they aren’t in this conversation.

Regardless I’m
Not arguing about the future lol. This is pointless!
2 in 15 or 3 in 21 if we aren’t cherry picking stats but they are almost always up there and were also runners up 4 times too. 7 grand finals in 21 seasons including one season they couldn't play for points. Not too shabby.
Yep. One of us will be right and one of us will be wrong

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No because they're still going to be a top six team (at least) without him. They'll have 1m in the cap to spend without having to pay overs. Like you said they already have all this talent already there and probably more ready to go.
Exactly, because they recruit smart and develop young players well.
I think we just agreed on something mate!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell is a talent and a half.

As a centre he is not complete but is almost there!

He is a lazy defender and doesnt do the hard yards.

You cannot justify $1m for a centre at all.
Roosters offer of 800k was more than fair. Joey Manu re-signed for 600k and is a more consistent player than Mitchell.

There is this perception out there, because we have money to spend in 2021, we must sign a million dollar player. Like yeah bro it sounds really cool, we have a million dollar player in our team.

We already got one of those and how did that work out? The majority knew it was going to be a bad signing because of the reasons which were known even before the signing.

From day 1 since Mitchell burst onto the scene, his attack was absolutely excellent. He always needed to work on his defence and workrate, and quite frankly its declined. The Roosters over the last few years have had the best defence along with the Storm and if Mitchell couldn't improve that aspect of his game, what makes you think he can at the Dogs? Dogs of war? Siege mentality? Give me a break.

Also have a look at the players around Mitchell creating space and feeding him the ball. You going to rely on Lewis throwing cut out balls to Mitchells mum in Row 2 Seat 6?

2021. There are no million dollar players out there, so i wouldn't be signing players on a million dollars, just for the "sake" of it. I do not know ecatcly what players are out there for 2021, but i would be looking at signing players to replace Tolman, Elliott and if there is a halve out there to partner Wakeham.

They say Taukeiaho and Thompson from St.Helens are available for 2021, I would definitely have a dip at both. Those 2 forwards would complete our pack.

In regards to spine players and outside backs, i do not know what is available.
We're going to have to pay overs for Taukeiaho. At least with Thompson we don't have to compete with his current club but other NRL clubs will go in for him too. When you see the figures we're going to offer them you're going to be turned off them too. Watch.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly, because they recruit smart and develop young players well.
I think we just agreed on something mate!
Yes and we can't recruit like them as we're not a top team.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes and we can't recruit like them as we're not a top team.
Exactly! And how do we become a top team again? By recruiting smarter and developing juniors! Yayyyy