Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Quote: ‘All you're saying to me is you don't want what I'm saying to happen but offering nothing that makes sense. You're not even arguing my points just saying they're wrong. Well done’.

Sigh. I could go on but I have a business to run. A business that doesn’t over invest in things that don’t provide adequate ROI.

If you ‘know’ the strategy and it’s so wrong and if you think you have a better one, why don’t you run for the board?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's the mindset of a guy walking (for the sake of a bit more money) from a team that will, very likely play in a GF next year. To a team that's battling for the 8? I think motivation and a state-of-mind will be a bigger factor when it comes to value for money. Dear god I hope he turns up if it does happen.
Enough money will lure anyone. It's too hard to turn down when you only have a ~10 year career.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's the mindset of a guy walking (for the sake of a bit more money) from a team that will, very likely play in a GF next year. To a team that's battling for the 8? I think motivation and a state-of-mind will be a bigger factor when it comes to value for money. Dear god I hope he turns up if it does happen.
Coming to a club playing above their weight and with no expectations can sometimes lead to more motivation to be honest.

Mitchell hasn't gotten any recognition for the Roosters success due to its list of stars. Coming to the Bulldogs could allow him to prove many wrong.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Quote: ‘All you're saying to me is you don't want what I'm saying to happen but offering nothing that makes sense. You're not even arguing my points just saying they're wrong. Well done’.

Sigh. I could go on but I have a business to run. A business that doesn’t over invest in things that don’t provide adequate ROI.

If you ‘know’ the strategy and it’s so wrong and if you think you have a better one, why don’t you run for the board?
I've told you the strategy. They're going to have to do it if they or you like it or not. Otherwise no one ("no one" - it's possible we'll find one-two decent rejects a year but not game changers) is coming and this is going to be a five-ten year rebuild. Until I see something to change my mind I'm not budging. Your business isn't relevant whatsoever.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I've told you the strategy. They're going to have to do it if they or you like it or not. Otherwise no one ("no one" - it's possible we'll find one-two decent rejects a year but not game changers) is coming and this is going to be a five-ten year rebuild. Until I see something to change my mind I'm not budging.
Are you a voting member Brady?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've told you the strategy. They're going to have to do it if they or you like it or not. Otherwise no one is coming and this is going to be a five-ten year rebuild. Until I see something to change my mind I'm not budging.
Good for you champ.
I trust you’ll campaign that way to the football club members during your attempt to join the board so you can implement your foolproof strategy that will have premierships at Belmore immediately. Best of luck with it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good for you champ.
I trust you’ll campaign that way to the football club members during your attempt to join the board so you can implement your foolproof strategy that will have premierships at Belmore immediately. Best of luck with it.
I've never said I want to run the club. I'll support the club with whatever they do. I just see it one way. As soon as I'm proven wrong I'll be the first to admit it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The storm logic isn’t applicable.

They have been blessed to have 3 immortals (one of the greatest players ever, if not 3) cheated the cap, have one of the best coach’s in the game and recruit very well both kids and first graders.

We have none of this.

If a player wants to join a team like that, they don’t consider us.

They play with smith and Bellamy. We don’t even get a sniff. That is the point.

So again, if your hanging your hat on oh the storm managed to develop 3 future immortals we can too. I believe we are all dead for hundreds of years before 3 immortals come through like that, are retained by illegally cheating the cap and built around with arguably the best coach in the business.
With or without immortals they are also successful because they don’t throw stupid money at marquee players from other clubs. Instead they identify and develop youngsters. Our club has started doing that again too.
I’m not saying don’t recruit, I’m saying recruit smartly. Being reckless got us in this position

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you a voting member Brady?
Why does that matter? Are voting members only allowed to have their opinion/express the way they see a situation?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His manager Rushton still doesn't know anything about any offer from the Dogs. George Coorey (chair of the Leagues Club) apparently took it on his own bat (via his association with Mundine) to "sound out" Mitchell at his own personal home. That's why no manager was present. Coorey then got castigated by pissed off members of the board for doing that all while they're sitting on their hands doing sweet F..K ALL. They didn't like Coorey doing it without consulting them or even talking to Dean Pay about it.

I'm sure Coorey felt he was being a bit proactive at least unlike the rest of the lazy arseholes. Coorey had to give up so that's where the Dogs offer being withdrawn story came from.

I now believe we never put an official offer to Mitchell and we don't intend to. The club doesn't do business at people's private homes these days if we're seriously interested in signing someone. No reports Mitchell has toured our facilities etc hey ? You'd think someone would have spotted him if he did.

The board are acting like a bunch of bankers sitting on the f..king crown jewels but fail to realise there's plenty of clubs with big purse strings left for 2021 (Dragons 4M, Tigers 1.7M and Parra still have decent money up their sleeve also). They're not smart businessmen. (Even Chris Anderson - who was the smartest of the bunch - his business went bankrupt) Price used the board position to get a paid job as footy manager. They're too slow and conservative and we'll be lucky to sign anyone from outside the club unless no-one else wants them. This board and Andrew Hill aren't capable of signing anything but the f..king scraps.

Last edited:

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL what even is that. Brady not Brad btw. I mean you can call me Brad if you like. If you'd like to be "funny"...
I'll call you Brad as the added "y" makes it sound ga"y"ish

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks champ for the update.
Appreciate another thread on the topic of Latrell Mitchell.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's an article on Fox Sports claiming Latrell wants to play fullback. Which is what I've been saying for the past year or more. Whether you think he'll succeed there is another matter but like Inglis, that is where he prefers to play and was always the position he was destined to end up playing.

So seeing as he likely won't be signed as a centre wherever he lands, the argument of $1 million for a centre being too much is likely moot.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell wants to play fullback at the Dogs … but they already have one

Kangaroos centre Latrell Mitchell has told a Bulldogs board member of his desire to play fullback in the latest twist in what has become a complex and ugly standoff with back-to-back premiers the Sydney Roosters.

Fox Sports has learned Mitchell spoke to a Canterbury board member on Tuesday after Roosters coach Trent Robinson personally delivered the news the club was withdrawing its $1.8 million offer for 2021 and 2022.

Mitchell told the board member of his desire to play fullback – but the catch is Canterbury are in a conundrum now after recently announcing the re-signing of Kiwi Test player Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

So the Bulldogs can probably only sign Mitchell as a centre. And no other centre in the game is on more than $1 million a season.

Which is what the Bulldogs are now set to attempt to thrash out at a recruitment and retention meeting in Belmore on Wednesday afternoon.

How much is Mitchell worth to the club?

The other issue for Canterbury-Bankstown is the Bulldogs only have about $400,000 of salary cap room for next season, meaning the club isn’t in a position to sign Mitchell for 2020 unless it attempts to shift other players. Or if Kieran Foran was to gain some salary cap relief for being injured playing Test football for New Zealand.

Mitchell made his NRL debut on the wing before moving to fullback where he had mixed results for the Roosters in the year the club finished 15th in 2016.

The Roosters then switched him to the centres where Mitchell went on to play for NSW and Australia and establish a reputation as a game-breaking three-quarter.

The Wests Tigers are one club who has money and will be prepared to play the Kangaroos centre at fullback.

They’ve emerged as a surprise, left-field contender.

South Sydney general manager of football Shane Richardson told Fox Sports the Rabbitohs had no interest in signing the Kangaroos centre.

The Bunnies also said the same thing about James Roberts earlier in the year and then signed ‘Jimmy the Jet’ a month later.

The Newcastle Knights were another possible option given the Hunter region’s proximity to Mitchell’s home town of Taree.

But the club is not believed to be in a salary cap position to make a play for Mitchell, who is currently in Taree.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/0c03145fc1bb741c241a602b5e2f00ed