Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Exactly, the signing window for 2021 has been open less than a week. Why are we all up in arms and complaining that a big name has yet to be executed. Stay patient, it will come
I'm not up in arms I am stating that the pressure is on them now to perform. If they think mediocre and unwanted players are enough they are wrong and it won't cut it. They have not earnt enough reason to afford a "stay patient" standpoint because staying patient lands us at 2021 with all the major players signed at other clubs while we thump our chest and say atleast we didn't pay overs while playing to avoid the spoon again. We should have had an announcement within 24 hours lined up to show our intent.

I have said since day dot that our first signing will probably need to be on overs so it will attract other players. You sign the first on overs if you have to and as you get quality you start to save money on other players as they want to be a part of what we are building. They need to get that first scalp ASAP so we can show that we are a force and something to be reckoned with and we will accept nothing other than a powerhouse. Powerhouse clubs don't sit on their hands, they make moves!

If we sign say a Mitchell real early in this period it tells players, the Dogs are back and they aren't messing around. We back it up with another and then all of a sudden we are rolling. We sit back, bide our time and sign someone late then most of the players are gone and the pool is smaller. We need to shop why the shelves are full.

What's the saying, "He who hesitates.....?"

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That really means nothing in the scheme of things they can put a offer on the table tomorrow. It’s all part of the negotiations.
Yes and Latrell could quit playing NRL tomorrow.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters saying they already have a replacement for Mitchell, and offloading him will free up enough cash for them to sign Fifita…. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t really care what anyone thinks on here but fact is we need to make at least 1 big name signing in the near future and if it means paying a bit of overs I really don’t give a fuck
Fuck all this paying the right price
How well did this work for us when we decided to lure Foran here on overs?

How well has it worked for the Dragons when they lured Hunt on overs?

How well has it worked for the Broncos when they lured Bird and Milford on overs?

How well has it worked for the Titans when they lured Taylor, Cartwright and co on overs?

How much success have the Sharks had since bringing Moylan, Dugan, Johnson and co in on overs?

The Storm mantra is king. Focus on your own backyard and the recruitment and development of quality juniors to promote into your first grade team. Recruit senior players wisely and at the right price at all times

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not up in arms I am stating that the pressure is on them now to perform. If they think mediocre and unwanted players are enough they are wrong and it won't cut it. They have not earnt enough reason to afford a "stay patient" standpoint because staying patient lands us at 2021 with all the major players signed at other clubs while we thump our chest and say atleast we didn't pay overs. We should have had an announcement within 24 hours lined up to show our intent.

I have said since day dot that our first signing will probably need to be on overs so it will attract other players. You sign the first on overs if you have to and as you get quality you start to save money on other players as they want to be a part of what we are building. They need to get that first scalp ASAP so we can show that we are a force and something to be reckoned with and we will accept nothing other than a powerhouse. Powerhouse clubs don't sit on their hands, they make moves!

If we sign say a Mitchell real early in this period it tells players, the Dogs are back and they aren't messing around. We back it up with another and then all of a sudden we are rolling. We sit back, bide our time and sign someone late then most of the players are gone and the pool is smaller. We need to shop why the shelves are full.
Disagree wholeheartedly.

I’d say if we were to have signed Mitchell already on the exorbitant amount that he was demanding, it just screams - The Dogs are desperate and have pissed away 15% of their cap space on a centre

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If we get shown up and the tigers fucking come out and sign latrell and tetevano it will do me.

If the tigers are ran better than us it says it all.

Tigers better ran?
They had an almost identical shit-show to us with their previous administrators and Cleary seemed to have little accountability with an open chequebook for this ‘bus’. Thank god at the time he took Mbye and Reynolds from us on massive coin. Granted we got Woods in return. Since a change of leadership and with Madge they are cleaning up their own steaming pile of number 2’s so I’d hardly say ‘better ran’.

As for Mitchell potentially holding a grudge against the Dogs for passing him up a few years ago - if that’s true that says everything about the gigantic chip on his shoulder and I say the prosecution rests. Move on.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

How well has it worked for the Broncos when they lured Bird and Milford on overs?

How well has it worked for the Titans when they lured Taylor, Cartwright and co on overs?

How much success have the Sharks had since bringing Moylan, Dugan, Johnson and co in on overs?

The Storm mantra is king. Focus on your own backyard and the recruitment and development of quality juniors to promote into your first grade team. Recruit senior players wisely and at the right price at all times
Yes and we can't recruit like a top team. If anything the examples you're giving reinforce how we're going to have to recruit if you like it or not. If we stuff up who we recruit or everything just doesn't click we're back to square one. That's the process. We're not just paying overs on marquee players how do you not understand that? We couldn't even sign Ramien and Koroisau with the Latrell offered amount. The board doesn't have five years to do another recruitment method while in the meantime we're not going to be a top eight team. Also with whatever other recruitment method you give me can we really not do that on the side too? Developing/buying juniors, more opportunist signings if they make sense or picking up another reject that no other club wants or can fit in and makes sense for us?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Disagree wholeheartedly.

I’d say if we were to have signed Mitchell already on the exorbitant amount that he was demanding, it just screams - The Dogs are desperate and have pissed away 15% of their cap space on a centre
Players want the money and they want a premiership, they want the cake and they want to eat it. We have the money but we are no fukin way near a premiership. The only way to do that is to spend the money and have the players to win the GF. Then we have our cake and eat it too! Waiting around for the cake to go off wins us fuk all.

No idea why I went with a cake analogy but hey shiftwork does that!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

This storm Logic is just not applicable.

We don’t have the blessings of having 3 future immortals for the past decade basically.

How did it work out for the roosters signing tedesco on huge $ or cronk?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's all good, the devastation here when Mitchell signs with lol@souffs will sustain me.
They’ll be no devastation from me!
Soufs can have him! Or you can keep him!

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As long as other fans don’t disrespect the Dogs, what’s wrong with having a different opinion? There are other fans who troll in other forums looking to brag or insult the club of those forums and they should be banned. I also suggest to stick with facts even if you still have unfounded conspiracy theories because it shows that you can’t argue intelligently.

As for Latrell, and for those who claims that he wants to be with his culture, oh please... I thought we were all part of his culture being Australians. That culture argument is mostly promoted by people who want to divide us. JT promotes his community with warmth and inclusive arguments and is respected unlike mundane who has a roasted potato on his shoulder and hasn’t receive the accolades as the good athlete he was because of his irrational rants. Latrell is heading in that direction and will end up with a fraction of monetary gains if he keeps up his divisive nature... but in a way I feel that it’s his weakness in character to be led by fools in which one day he will regret the fact that he could have achieved more. His real success to date has been at the Roosters playing alongside Keary and as many might have seen that when he’s not there, Latrells head isn’t there either. Walker isn’t Keary as a player but at least they’ll be able to chat about how much they are victims of Australia. They can both be the pub watching the SOO with a sour face when the anthems are being played.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm not up in arms I am stating that the pressure is on them now to perform. If they think mediocre and unwanted players are enough they are wrong and it won't cut it. They have not earnt enough reason to afford a "stay patient" standpoint because staying patient lands us at 2021 with all the major players signed at other clubs while we thump our chest and say atleast we didn't pay overs while playing to avoid the spoon again. We should have had an announcement within 24 hours lined up to show our intent.

What's the saying, "He who hesitates.....?"
Exactly right.

If we sit and play with ourselves we will literally end up paying blokes like Napa who are solid first grade players more then they need to be on and fighting off the spoon for another 3-4 years.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes and we can't recruit like a top team. If anything the examples you're giving reinforce how we're going to have to recruit if you like it or not. If we stuff up who we recruit or everything just doesn't click we're back to square one. That's the process. We're not just paying overs on marquee players how do you not understand that? We couldn't even sign Ramien and Koroisau with the Latrell offered amount. The board doesn't have five years to do another recruitment method while in the meantime we're not going to be a top eight team. Also with whatever other recruitment method you give me can we really not do that on the side too? Developing/buying juniors, more opportunist signings if they make sense or picking up another reject that no other club wants or can fit in and makes sense for us?
I’m more than happy with the recruitment decisions made over the past 18 months. Considering we were on a far tighter budget than what we are now, I fail to see why there’s so much doom and gloom from posters here about our upcoming recruitment period.

Koroisau’s asking price was more than what we were prepared to offer. Big deal - he’s injury prone and can’t even go the full 80 mins week to week.

Ramien same deal. And I’m far from concerned about missing out on a young player who spat the dummy about not receiving another ball within 6 months at a new club.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players want the money and they want a premiership, they want the cake and they want to eat it. We have the money but we are no fukin way near a premiership. The only way to do that is to spend the money and have the players to win the GF. Then we have our cake and eat it too! Waiting around for the cake to go off wins us fuk all.

No idea why I went with a cake analogy but hey shiftwork does that!
Agree, we start performing on the field we will start attracting quality, this would be a good start. Would be a quality backline imo

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

We don’t have the blessings of having 3 future immortals for the past decade basically.

Storm are still a force despite having only 1 of them left and a 35 year old one at that. They still don’t look anywhere near anything other than a Top 4 team as they’ve continued to pump out the young talent.

Cronk and Tedesco are worth 1M. That’s market value, not overs. If anything I’d consider it unders for Tedesco.
Mitchell isn’t as valuable as Tedesco or Cronk

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Quote: ‘We couldn’t even sign Ramien or Koroisau’.

Why are you disregarding that Ramien only wanted to go back to the Sharks and maybe just had a couple of meetings if that didn’t work out for him (which it did)?

Why are you disregarding that Api was close to Barrett from their time at Manly so when Barrett was appointed Panthers assistant he swooped, sweetened our deal and Api jumped?

There are MANY factors as to why deals do and don’t happen - yet so many here are willing to crucify our executives/directors saying they are incompetent and screwed it up - and that’s just not true as I see it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

The storm identified and developed those 3 future immortals though