Social Media Jake Friend

Ransom

Waterboy
Reaction score
There's RUMOURS that Jake Friend has potentially played his last game for the Roosters. Word is that the Bulldogs are gunning hard for an experienced 9 to lead them around and the Roosters won't stand in Jake's way with young Verrils ready to step up to full time first grade.

Nothing is confirmed on this one yet - but we'll update as we know more.

Source: The Rugby League Report

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not needed and nick loves him

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tough hard hooker. On the end of his career and only reason roosters would let him go is for keeping verrils for a lot less.

Pass from me, unless he is on a 500kish deal for no more then 2 years.

Latrell is what we need and now.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d take him if it was the right price. 3-400kish. If he doesn’t get injured he will provide us with plenty.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friend, JMK and Katoa? Really?

Surely Manly are a lot more desparate for a hooker than us, since Fainu went stabby?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another one linked to us like all the other ones :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: he has experience and would be alright for a year or two..

BUT we have Jmk and I am happy with him, he is our 9..!!

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yea I’d be surprised if Manly don’t make a play for him

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We desperately need a hooker with vision and most of all experience ....no surprise we won more games when Foran was on the field because he was able to direct our young halves and hooker....

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's RUMOURS that Jake Friend has potentially played his last game for the Roosters. Word is that the Bulldogs are gunning hard for an experienced 9 to lead them around and the Roosters won't stand in Jake's way with young Verrils ready to step up to full time first grade.

Nothing is confirmed on this one yet - but we'll update as we know more.

Source: The Rugby League Report
No more rejects

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No more rejects
That's all we're going to sign if we don't spend the money. We'll even miss out on rejects because other clubs will also offer them more money. Surely this changes now? Lets just load up 10 opportunist signings for the next two seasons and add another panic buy when the club cops some heat from the fans...

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d take him if it was the right price. 3-400kish. If he doesn’t get injured he will provide us with plenty.
350k is average wage now, he’s a three time premiership winner, pretty sure he commands a bit more than that

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Nah. Agree with D-Voice, and Mitchell isn't a reject he and Roosters are playing hardball. They have a more than capable replacement for Friend in Verrils, Mitchell is top tier and will be for some time.

On another note, what happened to the talk of Peats? Thought Manly may have looked at him also.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I just heard teddy wants out to. Lol
Yeah, he's sick of making the finals. Wants to go to a club where he has the opportunity to not play finals. Titans are favourites for his signature though.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that’s a bit of a silly blanket statement..
Latrell Mitchell is a reject.

got to look at it case by case
A players like Jake Friend who is constantly injured is a reject