News Kieran Foran out for six months with shoulder reconstruction

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, but...if we don't sign a 6/7 does that mean we don't get the $350k?

Be a shame to throw that away and lose out completely from Foran's NZ injury.
I agree somewhat buy there isn't really anyone U would sign for the sake of it

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
brodie croft would be an alternative that would be inexpensive, seems like the Brisbane move is off

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really think we should persist with who we have if no legitimate halves out there. Wakeham/Lewis & Cogger could really work out if given a chance. Even if Foran comes back next year I wouldn't play him if he's not in the clubs future. And if we are in a chance playing for the semis, we got there on the back of the other guys.
I like Foran, but I like the club moreso.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sad news.. as good as he is when fit with his record of injury surely the club wont re-sign him unless its very small money..
I don't see the club re-signing him. If he comes back around May 2020 and plays every remaining game of the season and thereby makes a difference to the teams final place on the ladder, then and only then do I think they might consider giving him an offer for another year on a reduced amount. It would be ideal if he retired and started coaching our halves, at his peak he was one of the best running halves the game has seen this century, and he has developed a depth of mental toughness which would make him a good mentor for the team. However, ideals don't just fall into place, and no matter how much any of us might want this, fact is at the moment he wants to play on. Gaining him as a coach in the future is more likely to happen if we give him support now.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly, but...if we don't sign a 6/7 does that mean we don't get the $350k?

Be a shame to throw that away and lose out completely from Foran's NZ injury.
You point out a real difficulty with the system. If for example Dylan Napa gets a year long injury playing Origin, it is more realistic to be able to gain a reasonable prop out there for the $350 cap relief plus any wiggle room the club has retained in the cap just in case. Same for a second rower or even to a degree an outside back.

But halves, hookers, fullbacks, much harder to replace.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely if Burgess is medically retired Foran should be too. He will not be back until round 13 and no club is giving him a contract after his ends.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's been unlucky with injuries and come back too early compromising a full recovery . He deserves our full support ,he's put his heart n soul into our team but most of you just want to send him to the glue factory..it's pretty mean
Sorry Dear but he is bugged, stuffed caput etc, he wore himself out playing for Manly all those years ago, (TRUE FACT NOT RUMOR) I clearly recall a Manly team mate saying near the end of his time at Manly that he was like an old man then, his stints at Parra and Warriors proves that beyond any doubt, otherwise they would not have let him go.
Our club has looked after him above and beyond the call of duty, and we have to abide by the rules while he is under contract to us.
I JUST WONDER IF SOME OF THE MEDIA SKUM WILL REPORT ON JUST HOW FAIRLY OUR CLUB HAS TREATED HIM, IN SPITE OF HIS MINIMAL CONTRIBUTION.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
brodie croft would be an alternative that would be inexpensive, seems like the Brisbane move is off
I personally see more than enough in Wakeham to not worry about Croft. If Coggar or Lewis don't work out next year than we are in the market for million dollar half in 2021 to replace Foran.

The issue right now for us is definitely a centre and a top shelf prop.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally see more than enough in Wakeham to not worry about Croft. If Coggar or Lewis don't work out next year than we are in the market for million dollar half in 2021 to replace Foran.

The issue right now for us is definitely a centre and a top shelf prop.
happy with that, ive not seen enough of him to comment to be honest.