Who should we sign from what's left for 2021

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Foran gone.. Id offer Sezer or Croft a deal.. Depth in halves is always a good thing plus either wouldnt command over 300K..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Foran gone.. Id offer Sezer or Croft a deal.. Depth in halves is always a good thing plus either wouldnt command over 300K..
Sezer off to Huddersfield. They have told Frawley he's not wanted and free to look elsewhere

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Isn't Croft on more then 300k at the Storm already? They're not willing to chip in either.

Banned
Reaction score
If there's no one worth buying, front end some contracts of our preferred players.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radradra totally unaffordable after the rugby World Cup. (probably chasing 2M a season now) Manu re-signed by Chooks. Corey Oates re-signed. Looks like the Turbo bros are about to re-sign, maybe Fifita also now that Gillett will be medically retired. Parra are reportedly going to offer Mitchell 1.1M per year for 10 years which I doubt the Dogs would be prepared to match now. Souths targeting Frizell and possibly Fifita. If we miss out on the Turbos, Mitchell and Fifita who would be your "priority" signings.

For our starting 13 for 2021 we really need 2 backs including a centre to replace Holland (and upgrade fullback if we move DWZ to the wing) plus a forward to replace an ageing Tolman

We should pursue at least 2 of those below

Ryan Papenhuyzen*
Jack Wighton*
Suliasi Vunivalu
Jesse Ramien

Plus 1 or 2 of

Martin Taupau*
John Bateman
Siosiva Taukeiaho
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Harry Grant*
JWH
Bahahahaha half of these players aren’t leaving their clubs. Let’s face it NO ONE on here knows anything on what the club is planning regarding recruitment. You’re dream list is just absolute blowarsery.

And it’s funny now it’s past Nov 1 that the likes of David Holland, Cert G etc who were claiming to be “in the know” have all suddenly gone quite on knowing who we are signing.. Blowarse!

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because he is not a Storm level half, so why would we want him.
If people want to upgrade the Halves over the next two years he's one of the best available without spending marquee money. The other three marquee signings that I can think of are Walker, Wighton and Townsend - I wouldn't really call Townsend a marquee player but it'd cost close enough to the marquee cash. This is why other people and I have said to not recruit in the Halves and stick with what we have.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the Dogs aren't jsut looking at the NRL there are some quality players overseas and in the other rugby code we could nab while all the NRL clubs play tug'N'war with NRL players.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If people want to upgrade the Halves over the next two years he's one of the best available without spending marquee money. The other three marquee signings that I can think of are Walker, Wighton and Townsend - I wouldn't really call Townsend a marquee player but it'd cost close enough to the marquee cash. This is why other people and I have said to not recruit in the Halves and stick with what we have.
I agree.

I would chase walker for 700kish.

Pass on the rest.

Much rather latrell and another explosive back or a Fifita then pay wighton what he wants or Townsend big $.

2 of Cogger, Lewis and wakeham surely can be sufficient if the backline consists of latrell, Dwz, Smith, hoppa
And another explosive back like semi/addo carr someone quality

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All of you who think Ado is leaving Melbourne are as dumb as the **** who first mentioned it.
Imagine how much of a stupid **** you would look if it happened though.. all part of the silly season my friend, don't get to worked up over nothing stories and rumours

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine how much of a stupid **** you would look if it happened though.. all part of the silly season my friend, don't get to worked up over nothing stories and rumours
Mate if we sign Ado from Storm, I will do a nudie run at our first home game. Instead of paying overs for these bunch of players, our recruiting team should be in Fiji looking for some big strong outside backs.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bahahahaha half of these players aren’t leaving their clubs. Let’s face it NO ONE on here knows anything on what the club is planning regarding recruitment. You’re dream list is just absolute blowarsery.

And it’s funny now it’s past Nov 1 that the likes of David Holland, Cert G etc who were claiming to be “in the know” have all suddenly gone quite on knowing who we are signing.. Blowarse!
what do you think is happening with fatso Leilua & Latrell Mitchell though? the club does seem very into the market for an explosive centre.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you think is happening with fatso Leilua & Latrell Mitchell though? the club does seem very into the market for an explosive centre.
Mate I hope we land Mitchell but In saying that, is he just using us to up his price on the market? Let’s hope not, Mundine is the go between, does he like the Dogs all of a sudden? He did help SBW leave us, and labeled the Dogs racist.

On his day I’d take Leilua but I’m sure I read an article where he said he wasn’t leaving the Raiders until his current deal is finalized at the end of next season. We require a center for next season.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would of went after matterson for this season as well as jai field he would kill it out of dummy half hes so quick . Croft and jai arrow for next as well as mitchell if we could get him hes only 22 and kicks goals

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would of went after matterson for this season as well as jai field he would kill it out of dummy half hes so quick . Croft and jai arrow for next as well as mitchell if we could get him hes only 22 and kicks goals
Croft is ordinary, we have halves as good or better than him. We require big strong fast outside backs! Let’s look at Fiji! Parra have found 2 successively, we can’t find 1?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate if we sign Ado from Storm, I will do a nudie run at our first home game. Instead of paying overs for these bunch of players, our recruiting team should be in Fiji looking for some big strong outside backs.
I don’t want to see you nude but fuck I hope this happens haha. He is keen to move back to Sydney ;)

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't Croft on more than 300k at the Storm already? They're not willing to chip in either.
It was quoted Croft was on $400k and the Broncos wanted Storm to pay a portion of that and when the Storm said no the Broncos pulled the plug on Croft being at the Broncos.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We might all be beating around the bush
I hope I am wrong...no marquee player will sign
Could coach Pay be a deterrent ???