Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not arguing that but his 22 and doesn’t get involved, that’s not a good attitude at his age.
Inglis is the same. Has to be brought into the game for him to do anything. Countless times between 2012-2015 specifically when we played him, he didn’t have a single good game

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
One thing I will say.

If we were a successful team. If we are coming of numerous Finals appearances. Then you don’t pay a million for latrell.

If you haven’t made the finals for 3 years in a row. If you have no front of jersey sponsor. And if your best players on the team are role players in other squads. Then you pay overs to get a marquee player. Especially one that’s early 20s.

We did the same with raimen (not comparing him to latrell). But we pulled the deal from him. We did the same with api. Who do we think we are? We are acting like Barcelona.

Fair enough we are a club with a proud history. But if you haven’t won a premiership for 15+ years. Not made the finals for 3. Not made a top 4 in 7 and have no jersey sponsor for next season, you put your ego away and close some deals.

We let 5 origin players go the last 4 years and were told short term pain for long term gain. And we are renegotiating with Elliot, dwz, Lewis, hoppa. Not shitting on our players. They might get us a top 8. But they are premiership players.

Bring in a fullback (latrell, cotric, tuivasa,) bring in an outside back (addo Carr would be perfect). Get a decent half back and a front rower. Instead of keeping the current roster let them go. This formula hasn’t worked for 4 years. Why are we withdrawing offers from players when things are so bad for us on and off the field.

If we pick up more Jessie sue’s, crightons, Meaney’s and katoas. Then get another Napa or friend and trumpet our recruitment and our preseason training. Then board, coach and ceo must all go. Not sure who would be a better candidate. But just proves they shit the bed and aren’t capable.

Even the Holbrook fuck up. You have a career coach and you wanted to bring him in as pays assistant. :upset: I feel slack to say it’s a club run by retards as it will associate with people who have way more Sense then our club does.

The board needs to rebuild the roster to be a premiership threat or they should step down. They have 12 months to get the roster and staff because 2021 will have no excuses.
This is spot on.

Although as I said I’m not throwing stones at the board yet.

This is all Media spins so far!

If they pull something off and close these deals will all sing their praises.

If they don’t and continue with what we have seen the past few years then we will all see them as unfit beyond question despite anyone’s attempts to persuade differently.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What figure were we prepared to pay him I wonder ? You would think it would be at least 900K a season. If it wasn't the board are f..ing idiots knowing the Roosters could easily afford 750-800K. Now the Roosters offer is off the table our offer should look pretty sweet if we reinstate it. We should do so ASAP and maybe even put a timeline on it. Maybe we can sign him now for 800K. Why not try ? or are our board doing favours for the Roosters ?. They're playing right into their hands at the moment the dumb c..ts
He was apparently "insulted" by the Roosters offer of $800000, he's not signing with us for the same amount even if just to save face. As for the $1.2 million some people seem to want to chuck at him, I wouldn't pay close to that. Under a million, or on ya bike!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was apparently "insulted" by the Roosters offer of $800000, he's not signing with us for the same amount even if just to save face. As for the $1.2 million some people seem to want to chuck at him, I wouldn't pay close to that. Under a million, or on ya bike!
Maybe he was insulted with their first offer of 650k? Maybe before the Roosters offered the 800k he had already made his mind up on leaving. There is no way Latrell should of been insulted by the 800k offer. When he's getting offers for 1-1.1m he's allowed to leave without being hated imo. That's enough money as an incentive.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
players and clubs are now on alert that if clubs dont pay them the big ones they may start turning there back on the nrl and earn the big ones in the super league thank the Toronto Wolfpacks offer to SBW for this a new pay standard has been set

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
One thing I will say.

If we were a successful team. If we are coming of numerous Finals appearances. Then you don’t pay a million for latrell.

If you haven’t made the finals for 3 years in a row. If you have no front of jersey sponsor. And if your best players on the team are role players in other squads. Then you pay overs to get a marquee player. Especially one that’s early 20s.

We did the same with raimen (not comparing him to latrell). But we pulled the deal from him. We did the same with api. Who do we think we are? We are acting like Barcelona.

Fair enough we are a club with a proud history. But if you haven’t won a premiership for 15+ years. Not made the finals for 3. Not made a top 4 in 7 and have no jersey sponsor for next season, you put your ego away and close some deals.

We let 5 origin players go the last 4 years and were told short term pain for long term gain. And we are renegotiating with Elliot, dwz, Lewis, hoppa. Not shitting on our players. They might get us a top 8. But they are premiership players.

Bring in a fullback (latrell, cotric, tuivasa,) bring in an outside back (addo Carr would be perfect). Get a decent half back and a front rower. Instead of keeping the current roster let them go. This formula hasn’t worked for 4 years. Why are we withdrawing offers from players when things are so bad for us on and off the field.

If we pick up more Jessie sue’s, crightons, Meaney’s and katoas. Then get another Napa or friend and trumpet our recruitment and our preseason training. Then board, coach and ceo must all go. Not sure who would be a better candidate. But just proves they shit the bed and aren’t capable.

Even the Holbrook fuck up. You have a career coach and you wanted to bring him in as pays assistant. :upset: I feel slack to say it’s a club run by retards as it will associate with people who have way more Sense then our club does.

The board needs to rebuild the roster to be a premiership threat or they should step down. They have 12 months to get the roster and staff because 2021 will have no excuses.
That's a good take on it but I would say that if the Board hasn't made atleast 1 excellent signing by elections next year then serious questions should be asked. They've used the excuses but that has run out now because we are clear for 2021 and it's after Nov 1, there is no longer any excuses for them to use.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he was insulted with their first offer of 650k? Maybe before the Roosters offered the 800k he had already made his mind up on leaving. There is no way Latrell should of been insulted by the 800k offer. When he's getting offers for 1-1.1m he's allowed to leave without being hated imo. That's enough money as an incentive.
That’s all purely media speculation on those numbers. He hasn’t even made his mind up that he’s leaving the Roosters.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a good take on it but I would say that if the Board hasn't made atleast 1 excellent signing by elections next year then serious questions should be asked. They've used the excuses but that has run out now because we are clear for 2021 and it's after Nov 1, there is no longer any excuses for them to use.
What are the excuses?

I think they’ve just made it clear that they’re unwilling to pay ridiculous overs for anyone. In other words - they don’t want to risk crippling our salary cap position like the previous board did.

They have already secured some excellent key signings in DWZ and CHN in the past 12 months as well as acquiring a number of very promising young players.

The club is undoubtedly in a far better position than it was 12 months ago and the Board can take a lot of credit for this.

More excellent signings will come, stay patient. The message is loud and clear - we will sign the right players, but only at the right price.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What are the excuses?

I think they’ve just made it clear that they’re unwilling to pay ridiculous overs for anyone. In other words - they don’t want to risk crippling our salary cap position like the previous board did.

They have already secured some excellent key signings in DWZ and CHN in the past 12 months as well as acquiring a number of very promising young players.

The club is undoubtedly in a far better position than it was 12 months ago and the Board can take a lot of credit for this.

More excellent signings will come, stay patient. The message is loud and clear - we will sign the right players, but only at the right price.
Do you know how lucky we were to sign DWZ? The stars literally aligned. I don't think the board has the appropriate time to wait and sign more players in similar situations to DWZ.

We already have a good base it's time to add some talent otherwise I don't see us being competitive in 2021. There are key positions we need to address and recruit in before then. We're not in the position to recruit like top clubs, not paying overs. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Do you know how lucky we were to sign DWZ? The stars literally aligned. I don't think the board has the appropriate time to wait and sign more players in similar situations to DWZ.
This is spot on.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t really care what anyone thinks on here but fact is we need to make at least 1 big name signing in the near future and if it means paying a bit of overs I really don’t give a fuck
Fuck all this paying the right price

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not arguing that but his 22 and doesn’t get involved, that’s not a good attitude at his age.
I’d like to see how he goes when he is not in a team of superstars and is relied upon to lead the attack in a similar way as Barba was

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What are the excuses?

The excuses were all the relevant ones from the previous board and Des. That is all gone now, they can no longer use them. We are cashed up, it's now legal to approach and sign for 2021. This board is now standing on their own two feet and we will see what sort of moves they're capable of. She has gone all in on using her Dad's name and legacy. Their is no where to hide and we demand proper signings and to be a force again. This what they promised to get elected and what they will be marked upon. DWZ they lucked out on and I'm glad we did. He was not wanted yet he IMO is our future captain, that being said he was not a targeted "Marquee" or "Franchise" player. CHN has his good and bad days and is pretty ok. We are watching!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

We already have a good base it's time to add some talent otherwise I don't see us being competitive in 2021. There are key positions we need to address and recruit in before then. We're not in the position to recruit like top clubs, not paying overs. It is what it is.
If you honestly believe that we were the only club standing at the end in the race for DWZ then you’ll believe anything

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 mill - 10 years. First 5 years might be overs but the last 5 years a mill might be a bargain price
I’m sure Latrell would just cop the last 5 years of the deal and wouldn’t try to get a upgraded deal at all....

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The excuses were all the relevant ones from the previous board and Des. That is all gone now, they can no longer use them. We are cashed up, it's now legal to approach and sign for 2021. This board is now standing on their own two feet and we will see what sort of moves they're capable of. She has gone all in on using her Dad's name and legacy. Their is no where to hide and we demand proper signings and to be a force again. This what they promised to get elected and what they will be marked upon. DWZ they lucked out on and I'm glad we did. He was not wanted yet he IMO is our future captain, that being said he was not a targeted "Marquee" or "Franchise" player. CHN has his good and bad days and is pretty ok. We are watching!
Exactly, the signing window for 2021 has been open less than a week. Why are we all up in arms and complaining that a big name has yet to be executed. Stay patient, it will come

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you honestly believe that we were the only club standing at the end in the race for DWZ then you’ll believe anything
Us, Eels - for Centre and Tigers - couldn't move Mbye on. There you go. Also a mid season signing and DWZ wasn't going to stay playing reserves at Panthers. More clubs would of been available if it wasn't mid season.