Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The internet is a cesspool of circle-jerking retardedness, the Kennel being a classic example, I'm here to provide balance.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys, but I thought the Roosters players acted a little uneasy when Uncle Nick was doing the rounds after the GF... Latrell needs to come to a club where he can be happy on and off the field
He probably smelt terrible, old man smell plus wasted = yuck

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The internet is a cesspool of circle-jerking retardedness, the Kennel being a classic example, I'm here to provide balance.
So ... you're the one "circle-jerking" as you say it while we're the ones talking sense? Sounds fair enough to me mate. Enjoy the wank!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have already expressed that I want Latrell at the dogs. But, I want him at the club next year. We have missed the finals for a few years in a row now and next year can't just be another "season building up to something the next year". We need signings for next year, especially given Foz's injury. I get that Latrell is contracted for next year at the roosters, but who cares. The dogs should be the bully here and make it happen for 2020. If they can't sign him for next year then i say they should look at others for 2020. We all know the dogs have money!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His attitude is fucking shit, attacks anyone at the slightest bit of criticism. He isn't marquee you build a team around and has to potential to derail and entire season alone.
My old man and I saw him on that black dot footy panel show on NITV. Before that my old man thought he had a rubbish attitude, after he saw him on the panel he now thinks he is probably a reasonable sort of bloke. Did you see that show?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So ... you're the one "circle-jerking" as you say it while we're the ones talking sense? Sounds fair enough to me mate. Enjoy the wank!
He clearly is keen to get a Dutch rudder going. Careful! He might want to stand next to you!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all good, the devastation here when Mitchell signs with lol@souffs will sustain me.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And BTW, what is Napa good for? Wasn't this guy team mates with Latrell at the roosters. He should be the one convincing him to sign already, just like CHN and Reimis convinced DWZ. Mundine is clearly a shit negotiator.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He clearly is keen to get a Dutch rudder going. Careful! He might want to stand next to you!
Had to Google that! Hahaha

Nothing wrong with a good old Dutch rudder at all. Provides a little 'balance' as he says, tho it really is a one man show ....

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Roosters know Mitchell's mind set better than anyone and this move to withdraw our offer should tell you all where he's heading. We stuck by him through his manager break up and he then doesn't take that new manager to a meeting with you guys instead takes Mundine? He's all over the place with who he's listening too and we've recognised that and said "there's the door".

I applaud this move. It shows confidence and belief in our extended squad, demonstrates we will not be held to ransom by anyone and guarantees the club will not be influenced by that deadhead **** Mundane.

We will now be able to extend Tauks, keep JWH for a couple more years, retain Nat Butcher, Isaac Liu and maybe even Tetevano which keeps the core of our premiership winning pack together. And we have Billy Smith to replace Latrell which will piss you all off as it keeps our premiership window well and truly open for the next 2-3 years.
$ 3 ml over the cap too...
Your team is a disease that is killing the game :rage:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's all good, the devastation here when Mitchell signs with lol@souffs will sustain me.
Wait ... you're a Rorters supporter? Ahhhh I get it now!

Circle-jerking ... as you call it ... isn't really commonplace mate in the real world. Know it's a regular occurance out there in Bondi and each to their own I say. But just because your lot do it so often, doesn't mean the rest of the world will join in now, does it?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wait ... you're a Rorters supporter? Ahhhh I get it now!

Circle-jerking ... as you call it ... isn't really commonplace mate in the real world. Know it's a regular occurance out there in Bondi and each to their own I say. But just because your lot do it so often, doesn't mean the rest of the world will join in now, does it?
You lot? There’s only about 3 real rooster fans and a circle of bandwagoners including this gronk.

Forget the circle jerk or the Dutch rudder, he’s a fan of the Alaskan pipeline!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You lot? There’s only about 3 real rooster fans and a circle of bandwagoners including this gronk.

Forget the circle jerk or the Dutch rudder, he’s a fan of the Alaskan pipeline!
Circle being the key word

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers offering Mitchell 1.1M per year for 3 years

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/ab2bce80d6c0cbeb0667ef7fcbde9eb4

Latrell Mitchell says he’s worth more than $800k per season. Mark Geyer told him to get his hands dirty
ROOSTERS

Latrell Mitchell is in a contract stand-off with the Roosters.Source: Getty Images
Rugby League great Mark Geyer has some advice for Latrell Mitchell as he chases a bumper new contract worth more than $1 million a season - get more involved.

Mitchell has baulked at a two-year extension offer from the Roosters worth $800k a season as NRL rivals the Bulldogs and the Wests Tigers prepare to swoop on the 22-year-old.

Stream over 50 sports live & anytime on your TV or favourite device with KAYO SPORTS. The biggest Aussie sports and the best from overseas. Just $25/month. No lock-in contract. Get your 14 day free trial >

Chooks withdraw Latrell offer
It prompted the Roosters on Tuesday to withdraw the offer and tell the star centre he can walk if he signs with another club having alienated himself from the club’s powerbroker.

Speaking on Triple M, Geyer said Mitchell would be enticing for any club but he needed to stamp his mark on more games.

“At the moment he is worth $800,000 a season, on his current form,” Geyer said.

“On his best form, when he plays he’s worth $1.1, $1.2 million. He’s got to find that happy medium.

The Tigers have emerged as a suitor for Latrell Mitchell.Source: AAP

“He’s got to get himself more involved in games to be that $1.1 or $1 million player.

“Imagine if Jarrod Croker from the Raiders had his ability, he’s always in the game.

“Latrell just seems to have that uncanny knack of not trying to find his way into the game and because he’s such a good player that stands out.”

Mitchell is off contract after next season but is currently able to negotiate with rival teams for 2021, and he has been linked with a massive $1 million per season offer from the Bulldogs.

On Tuesday it emerged the Wests Tigers, armed with a $1.7m war chest were prepared to offer the NSW Blues and Kangaroos representative a three-year deal worth $3.3 million.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Disagree on majority of this.

I can agree he has some games he drifts in and out. Though I also think that has a part to do with the fact the roosters have had arguably say 7 players who want the ball in there hand (their entire backline).

Latrell isn’t going to be under utilised in a normal backline.

Sure he could go in for more hit ups. Agree. I also feel at 22 he will improve that. I’ve never seen a 22 year old that didn’t have something to work on.

He has the ability to split open a game something we haven’t had since barba 2012,2013.

He’s just won leading point scorer two years in a row as a “lazy player”.

Thats something I’d like to see again in blue and white.

He has also got the ability to attract sponsorships and more quality players that in my opinion could save us $ down the track.

Nothing tells me he will be toxic. As someone else pointed out the roosters could be dragging his name in the mud to soften the loss of the closest thing to a young Inglis we have seen.

Throw in the fact Dwz looked to have an attitude problem at the panthers. Funny what a players happiness can change.

Latrell is a once in a generation talent. If we balls this up after 6 months of “attempting to land him” and Tigers sweep in then says it all for me on our management.
Opinions are like arseholes
Everyone has one

Thanks for expressing yours

For what it's worth I disagree with you

Have a great day