The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm already over this bullshit.

To sum up where I stand...

If he signs, I'd welcome him and be happy.

If we don't get him, I won't be mad.

BUT

We could use him to attract other big fish.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah. I'd like to see him at the Dogs but it's all about balance. We pay that much over, then every other man and his dog will be asking to be paid that much over by the Dogs. Need to be smart and imagine all the circus that's going on now is the wrestle for control between manager and the Dogs / Eels etc.
Maybe. It could also work the other way though. Because we sign Latrell, we wont have to keep overpaying for other players and will be able to recruit more players because he's at the club. Instead we'll sign them for closer to their market value for once!

But you need the high profile signing (Latrell or someone else) to be the catalyst for that to happen otherwise they'll keep overpaying for mediocre players like the club has done for five years plus.

Banned
Reaction score
I understand you and others being reluctant to sign him at that price.

As Finchie said, Latrell is the ideal candidate for TPA's and it would be easy to arrange them for a marketable star like him. So not all of the 900k or $1 million would count against the cap.

I think he'll end up going to another level at another club now that he has a point to prove to the Roosters and his critics. I hope it's with us and not Souths or Parra.
Only TPA's will be from companies seeking to demonstrate their 'inclusiveness' virtues.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't see him wanting to join the Tigers. Realistically you'd think it would be us, Parra Souths or Newcastle somehow.
Imagine him trying to handle McGuire's tough authoritarian approach... Don't think tigers have a chance at all.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
As I've said before.. If it's 750k under our cap, 200k 3rd party and 50k from marquee player allowance.. Is everyone happy then or is he still not worth it at that rate?
Honestly to me it’s not about the money but more about his attitude and heart, if his on every game he is worth the million.

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly to me it’s not about the money but more about his attitude and heart, if his on every game he is worth the million.
Hence the only way the club should feel comfortable signing him, is with a performance/attitude clause.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We simply can't afford to make the same mistakes again at this stage.
We need results and that means we need to be both smart and ruthless.
Exactly his only 22 and showing signs that his heart isn’t in it.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Latrell Megathread has overtaken the Kieran Forum..

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The smartest way to get Latrell to be successful at any club, is to include Luke Keary on the deal. I dare anyone to find a game where Latrell was OUTSTANDING without Keary being on the field. Sure Cordner or Toupo or Tedesco might have given him a great pass for him to score a great try, but in every game that Latrell has had a blinder or even a good game, Luke Keary has played. When Keary doesn’t play, Latrell May as well not bothered lacing his boots up. Whichever club Latrell goes to, and it could be Souffs, he will struggle so much cause Walker isn’t Keary. We all saw what happened in SOO1...Both dumped! Mark my words!

Banned
Reaction score
The smartest way to get Latrell to be successful at any club, is to include Luke Keary on the deal. I dare anyone to find a game where Latrell was OUTSTANDING without Keary being on the field. Sure Cordner or Toupo or Tedesco might have given him a great pass for him to score a great try, but in every game that Latrell has had a blinder or even a good game, Luke Keary has played. When Keary doesn’t play, Latrell May as well not bothered lacing his boots up. Whichever club Latrell goes to, and it could be Souffs, he will struggle so much cause Walker isn’t Keary. We all saw what happened in SOO1...Both dumped! Mark my words!
Doesn't he have a concussion cloud hanging over his head?
Last thing we need is another big dollar flop and nil salary cap relief.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a no brainer. So much indigenous talent in group 2 and 3 which we have partnerships with. He is the mentor and draw card for these young boys, someone they could relate to
The sad part is up to 6 of the better up and comers are from around the group 2 area that are 17 18 have all been snapped up by other clubs and I no that titans have signed some of the Grafton players as well so yes the dogs are supposed to get the best from around here but I till you other clubs have sniffed out the better talent I no one player that was brought to trial at the club has been snapped up by dragons long term and is going to start with there sg ball side next year

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I understand you and others being reluctant to sign him at that price.

As Finchie said, Latrell is the ideal candidate for TPA's and it would be easy to arrange them for a marketable star like him. So not all of the 900k or $1 million would count against the cap.

I think he'll end up going to another level at another club now that he has a point to prove to the Roosters and his critics. I hope it's with us and not Souths or Parra.
We don’t appear to have a great track record with TPA’s - happy to be corrected on that if I’m wrong. So I’d see the cap copping 90%+ of the total cost - and that’s what I’m struggling to reconcile.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see him wanting to join the Tigers. Realistically you'd think it would be us, Parra Souths or Newcastle somehow.
Seems it will be whoever has the most number of zeroes in front of the decimal point and pretty much no other factor.