Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I've said before.. If it's 750k under our cap, 200k 3rd party and 50k from marquee player allowance.. Is everyone happy then or is he still not worth it at that rate?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Latrell is our marque signing for sure.
Based on his insta response, give him the million now.
Not only is he one of the best big game players in the comp, but within a couple of years this guy will transcend sport and become an indigenous icon.
He'll win us games on the field and further the doggies brand and draw indigenous talent to the team.
Best available marque signing and if comes in 2020 the rebuild is over, we make the 8.
It's a no brainer. So much indigenous talent in group 2 and 3 which we have partnerships with. He is the mentor and draw card for these young boys, someone they could relate to

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He
So anyone that doesn’t agree with you can get fucked?
The kid is lazy and has no heart,
Why do you think he was dropped from SOO.
Goes missing more than half the season,

Compare teddy’s heart and attitude to latrell who do you think is worth $1million.

Don’t get me wrong the kid has talent but I don’t think he will get out of first gear.
He got dropped because he didn't resign with the roosters.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Time to swoop on him and Cody Walker. Offer them both 1m a season. Fuck it we need players that score or set up points.

1. Dwz
2. Okunbor/meaney
3. Mitchell
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Walker
7. Foran/wakeham/Lewis/cogger
8. Rfm
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. Chn
13. Tolman

14. Katoa
15. Renouf
16. Elliot
17. Sue/ogden/stimson/Britt
If Foran retired and we signed Latrell and Walker, we'd make the top 4 easy imo

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When we signed DWZ it was dead silent and nobody knew a thing.

When Api, Herman, Ramien, SBW we’re all “done deals” according to everyone we ended up with squat. I can see Latrell joining this group

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember the last megathread .....Justin Holbrook...

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran retired and we signed Latrell and Walker, we'd make the top 4 easy imo
Agree. Dogs should be chasing Cody. And Foran doesn't even need to retire for the dogs to get cap relief. Walker and latrell would be something

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's ok just to many cranky people here, I'm kind of over the whole Latrell thing would love him here but don't really care either way.
Yeah I hear you bro just pisses me off that we finally get rid of players like woods Klemmer etc who where divisive and disruptive to the team and club and I think Mitchell will be the same regardless of his race or ethnic background

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair comments mate.
I think the biggest problem potentially are the people in Mitchell’s corner giving him ‘advice’. That might be the source of the poison.

Sure, everyone wants to earn as much as they can but to be worthy of $1m or similar you’ve gotta earn that every week ala: Cronk, Smith. I don’t see that level of consistency in Mitchell’s game. Plus we don’t have superstar halves feeding him good ball like he gets at Bondi. That’s huge money to be standing out in the centres potentially walking.

Maybe a change of club is what he needs but is it worth the risk to maybe find out the hard way? I’m not convinced. If it was half this alleged paycheck then maybe, but for a mil and lukewarm consistency I’d pass.
I understand you and others being reluctant to sign him at that price.

As Finchie said, Latrell is the ideal candidate for TPA's and it would be easy to arrange them for a marketable star like him. So not all of the 900k or $1 million would count against the cap.

I think he'll end up going to another level at another club now that he has a point to prove to the Roosters and his critics. I hope it's with us and not Souths or Parra.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hmmm, without knowing too much about what's going on two things are clear.

Mitchell is signing for someone else. The Roosters are clearly trying to save face amongst the fan base by withdrawing their offer and will back up their decision by saying he's asking for too much etc. No other reason for the Roosters to so publically 'call out' Mitchell like that as they know doing so will only put him further up against a wall and there's no way he'd return.

The Bulldogs pulling out of the race could mean two things. Us sending a signal to him that we put a very healthy offer on the table and he should've taken that. In the hope that he comes back to the Dogs. Or ... that the DOgs have seen he's going for more money and won't get into a bidding war for him.

Personal opinion? Don't see him at the Dogs. Mitchell is quoted now at getting an offer to look after his family first and foremost which is fine. But going by what the Dogs have been saying we'll pay overs but not crazy overs. He's asking for crazy overs. With other clubs coming into the mix imagine it's his manager trying to bully the Dogs into paying more, but we won't.

With all of this circus? Don't want him either at that price. He's going to be paid over a million in the end and as good as he is paying more than 850,000 for a center in the modern game is too much. Especially when we've got no real gun halves

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I understand you and others being reluctant to sign him at that price. I think he'll end up going to another level at another club now that he has a point to prove to the Roosters and his critics. I hope it's with us and not Souths or Parra.
Yeah. I'd like to see him at the Dogs but it's all about balance. We pay that much over, then every other man and his dog will be asking to be paid that much over by the Dogs. Need to be smart and imagine all the circus that's going on now is the wrestle for control between manager and the Dogs / Eels etc.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't see him wanting to join the Tigers. Realistically you'd think it would be us, Parra Souths or Newcastle somehow.