News Kieran Foran out for six months with shoulder reconstruction

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does that $350k compo need to be spent? Can it be used as the club pleases or do you have to buy a player that plays the same position as your injured player? Also if I'm not mistaken doesn't your injured player need to miss a minimum of 12 games to be able to use it?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does that $350k compo need to be spent? Can it be used as the club pleases or do you have to buy a player that plays the same position as your injured player? Also if I'm not mistaken doesn't your injured player need to miss a minimum of 12 games to be able to use it?
This article says it has to be a like for like player and can’t be a pre-existing injury. I wouldn’t be surprised if he misses the entire year going on what it says here.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/05...tate-foran-lay-off-bulldogs-cap-implications/

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best with the injury K Foran. Hope you come back bigger and stronger......

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bigger and stronger is the opposite with Foran, he seems to get smaller and weaker.
I know mate. But we are stuck with him for 2020 year and we need him...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea while he's recovering but he's too fit to retire. He's got so much more to give on the field
Madam please wake up, do you really think that when he comes back next year he would last more than a few games.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sad news.. as good as he is when fit with his record of injury surely the club wont re-sign him unless its very small money..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Madam please wake up, do you really think that when he comes back next year he would last more than a few games.
He's been unlucky with injuries and come back too early compromising a full recovery . He deserves our full support ,he's put his heart n soul into our team but most of you just want to send him to the glue factory..it's pretty mean

Banned
Reaction score
He's been unlucky with injuries and come back too early compromising a full recovery . He deserves our full support ,he's put his heart n soul into our team but most of you just want to send him to the glue factory..it's pretty mean
As a mother (even if of only wolves) you would know that sometimes you've got to be cruel to be kind.
At the rate he's going, he will be a cripple before 40!

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Given that he's not contracted beyond the coming season I have no issues with him trying to get back on the field. It's not like we're missing the chance to sign too many players for the year ahead. The quality players are already locked up anyway. If the club gets salary cap dispensation for his injury like I've heard mentioned should happen it's possible we'll have the chance to sign someone early to mid season. For the first time in many years we actually have enough depth to cover for his absence. And it's almost good to know that our other halves options will have acquired more experience for 2021 when we'll have hopefully picked up some quality in weak positions in our roster.

The best thing the club can do is be supportive. It has to factor in the decision making process of potential new recruits when a club makes harsh decisions about injured players when they want to try working through things like an injury such as this. If I was tossing up my options about where I chose to invest limited years of my dream job, I'd judge any club that pushed out an injured player very negatively. We have a historical reputation of being a club that looks after our players. While money can factor heavily in the choices players make, security should also be part of the list of priorities for them. And pushing Foran out at a time when he reputedly doesn't want to go could be a factor in us becoming a poor option for others to sign here. It isn't ideal to have one of our few marquee players on the sidelines. But the club needs to make the right decisions about how we deal with the situation.
Well said. This guy is a bulldog and should be treated as such by both the club and the fans. None of this is his fault. Once a bulldog always a bulldog. Thanks for what you’ve done for us. I hope you make it back for the finals and kill it. It would be nice to see you lifting the trophy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well said. This guy is a bulldog and should be treated as such by both the club and the fans. None of this is his fault. Once a bulldog always a bulldog. Thanks for what you’ve done for us. I hope you make it back for the finals and kill it. It would be nice to see you lifting the trophy.
No, he isn't.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daily teletrash reporting Cody Walker wants 850 a year and Souths thinking he worth 650. If Foran is ruled out past round 12. Could the 350 be used to try
And lure Cody away from Souths . Offer him the 850 (350 of Forans) for this Year and a further 850 for 21-22?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Daily teletrash reporting Cody Walker wants 850 a year and Souths thinking he worth 650. If Foran is ruled out past round 12. Could the 350 be used to try
And lure Cody away from Souths . Offer him the 850 (350 of Forans) for this Year and a further 850 for 21-22?
I guess so, but 850k for Walker....no thanks.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson Hastings anyone??? Wouldn't break the bank either. Since going over to the ESL Hastings has set up 36 tries and picked up the Man of Steel award. Not bad for a Manly / Roosters reject.

Last edited:

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran has fucked us.

Just face the facts guys - 2020 is going to be another long year.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson Hastings anyone??? Wouldn't break the bank either. Since going over to the ESL Hastings has set up 36 tries and picked up the Man of Steel award. Not bad for a Manly / Roosters reject.
Part of me say whys the hell not and he has a good relationship with Pay. But his reported problems with teammates at both Roosters and Manly concern me.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Part of me say whys the hell not and he has a good relationship with Pay. But his reported problems with teammates at both Roosters and Manly concern me.
We have three young capable halves in the growing process.. more than happy to see them all get more game time.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have three young capable halves in the growing process.. more than happy to see them all get more game time.
Totally agree i think we could have some good halves coming through

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly, but...if we don't sign a 6/7 does that mean we don't get the $350k?

Be a shame to throw that away and lose out completely from Foran's NZ injury.