Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Weedler on C9 just said Roosters have just withdrawn their 800k offer & it opens the door for the Bulldogs so who the fuck can you believe

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we dont sign him. Hes a show pony and will never dig deep which is what we need from our team next year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He just tweeted something saying the mole reports are inaccurate... I’d say management are still keen on him.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to wonder why everyone is pulling out of negotiations? Is he asking for too much or is there some skeletons in the closet that we don’t know about? It just seems strange that only a couple of clubs are interested.....
True, does not add up but good on the club making there move , he may come much cheaper now. Is asking too much

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not bad for doggies management to knock back Mitchell. Looks like roosters followed suit taking offer off table. Bringing his asking price down now
If it’s true that both clubs have baulked that’s great - might make Mitchell pull his head in and stop listening to some of that superb advice he’s been getting (last part said with tongue firmly in cheek).

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But we need to spend the cap one way or another... we can't just put aside.

We've been lacking in outside backs for years and now the best centre in the world is available and people don't want to pay...

Mitchell would be the first domino for our resurgence back to the top.
This is what worries me, the NRL is so fucked up, it expects all teams to spend 95% of their cap, so the Roosters can always have the upper hand on teams, absolutely disgusting.... which means if we don't spend the money on elite players we end up with a deep roster of good players, meaning our only hope of winning anything is if the top teams have injuries, like the 2005 Cowboys!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it’s true that both clubs have baulked that’s great - might make Mitchell pull his head in and stop listening to some of that superb advice he’s been getting (last part said with tongue firmly in cheek).
Yes it’s too much money for someone who only plays when he feels like it

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just isn’t worth the 1 million dollar risk, he has as many poor games as good ones and at this point he is only a centre may never be a 5/8 or fullback I think 800k was fair to stay at the roosters 850 should get him here if he was genuinely wanting to prove himself out side of a star packed team At the dogs he can’t hide and inject himself on a few plays per game like he does at the roosters, he hasn’t proven stuff as a leading spine player who should earn 1 million +. We are better off waiting for a proven spine player to chuck the millions on maybe we will front load unspent dollars and be able to sign 2 marquee spine players at the same time. I think the we are smart not to cave to these types of players who tell you what they think they’re worth.
Well said,the guy is an air head,he's been using us to drive his price up,he was totally outplayed by staggs on the weekend and plays when ever he feels like,I applaud the club for not being bullied,well done.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Widdler on channel Nein just reported Chooks have withdrawn their 800k contract offer to LM. Trent Robinson apparently telling him in person.
If true, I think he's coming, bulldogs are probably trying to throw everyone off, keeping everything hush, hush....

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what worries me, the NRL is so fucked up, it expects all teams to spend 95% of their cap, so the Roosters can always have the upper hand on teams, absolutely disgusting.... which means if we don't spend the money on elite players we end up with a deep roster of good players, meaning our only hope of winning anything is if the top teams have injuries, like the 2005 Cowboys!
Just fucks me right off when we see the roosters always retain their stars during their prime (with the sole exception being RTS)... theyre clearly doing something different to everyone else... and I don't buy this bullshit from Greenburg that they "manage" their cap better than everyone... what a load of shit.

Go dogs

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imagine how much money we're going to have in 2021 once Foz is off contract 8-)

We're already set to stack the team and then that'll be an extra marquee player or 2-3 very solid proven first graders.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless if warranted or not DWZ had an attitude problem towards the end of his time at the Panthers. We haven't seen any of that since signing with us tho.

Not a troll. DWZ was a mid season signing and he had three clubs to possibly sign for. 1: us at Fullback, 2: Eels at Centre and 3: Tigers but they shouldn't move Mbye on (so really only 2). DWZ was never going to stay playing reserves for Panthers and they wanted him gone too.
Fair comments mate. Not all are trolls - especially the ones who take time to explain their position. DWZ might’ve spoken to the Tigers first because he knew Madge from the Kiwi team - but I just don’t buy that we were his ‘last and only’ option. And if by some miracle that were true, him re-signing until 2022 perhaps proves his original perception of the Dogs was wrong.

And yes, maybe he did have a bad attitude towards the end of his time at Penrith - we’ve all been there when we need to change jobs and have one foot out the door.

I still see night and day between DWZ and Mitchell in terms of overall attitude, how much they lean in to a club (or state) culture (re: Mitchell getting dropped from Origin) and I say Mitchell remains more risk than benefit.

I could be warming up humble pie in the oven before too long, but that’s how I see it.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And yes, maybe he did have a bad attitude towards the end of his time at Penrith - we’ve all been there when we need to change jobs and have one foot out the door.
There is circumstantial evidence that DWZ was unhappy with Penrith and didn't want to be there any more. Additionally he has stated more than once that he appreciates the values at the Dogs, which seems to be an obvious swipe at the Pantsers.