• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still think he's coming. Where there's smoke there's fire. There's been so much smoke since mid season. I just think he makes way to much sense for what we need. Latrell was the first player I pencilled in for us to sign and he's the only one that hasn't come of the list. If the Roosters did offer Latrell 800k (I doubt it, it's not how they operate) even more reason to give him the 1m. This has been playing out in the media for way to long lets just get the deal done. 5-10 years whatever.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think $850k+ is that much to offer when you bear in mind increased sponsorship and the advantage our club could have by bringing in other players who want to play with him. I highly doubt our club will resign Foran after his injury troubles and if he isnt then his $1 million could go straight to latrell and i would say thats still a huge upgrade

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont think $850k+ is that much to offer when you bear in mind increased sponsorship and the advantage our club could have by bringing in other players who want to play with him. I highly doubt our club will resign Foran after his injury troubles and if he isnt then his $1 million could go straight to latrell and i would say thats still a huge upgrade
We'll have a lot more then just Foran's money to spend.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club doesn't want to pay Mitchell 1m just pay him $999999 a season. That way we are both happy.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair comment. But I still say culture means a lot. You get blokes come through our system (or join, like DWZ) and they generally don’t want to leave. For those only motivated by money, I’d rather they weren’t part of our club. Does that mean we’ll struggle? I think the jury is firmly out on that and am looking forward to seeing how we improve in 2020 with what appears to be a happy club/culture, a bunch of young players who now have some experience they didn’t have 12 months ago and some more experienced hands to help guide the way.
Recruitment plays a massive role, I feel we're headed in the right direction, but I also feel we need big name players, as I've stated before, if we are worried about an attitude problem, then put something in the contract to combat it... if there's an attitude problem he can fuck off....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bro the jokes this club and its administration .. they have offloaded 10 players who were on mega $$$ and all we keep hearing is "we don't have any money" OR how it was the last admins fault we're in this situation even after 3 years LOL
Previous board, this board blah blah blah.
The next board will no doubt be rubbish too.
Some of you wouldn’t be happy if the Powerball dropped in your lap.

In 2018 Greg Eastwood was being paid $800k to play reggies. If we hadn’t found clubs for MBye and Woods we wouldn’t have been cap compliant and the outcome would’ve been even worse.

I think this group of directors has done very well in the face of adversity and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next strategy wise, especially with some new directors having joined recently - let’s see what they bring.

Oh - and 3 years? Feb 2020 will be 2 years - hence the next election. When you’re lobbing your grenades, at least make them factual...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Recruitment plays a massive role, I feel we're headed in the right direction, but I also feel we need big name players, as I've stated before, if we are worried about an attitude problem, then put something in the contract to combat it... if there's an attitude problem he can fuck off....
Agree re: recruitment and of course a big lure would be great. But regarding attitude - why potentially create the disruption if you can attract talent without the dickhead element to start? We seem to have done that with DWZ, I reckon there’s more in store too.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe let’s just wait an see, too much speculation lol.. I mean unless official meh !!

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not worth the money. You can buy 2 decent players with that money.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
300K Montoya
300K Holland
400K Elliott
--
1M

We now have Averillo and Harper to cover for Montoya and Holland, Stimson to cover for Elliott.

If the club would rather keep these 3 than invest the same amount in the number 1 centre in the world (potential to be close to Tedesco at fullback also) then the board are f..king morons, f..king bunch of fools. FFS would anyone honestly prefer these 3 "average" duds over Mitchell ?. Whose going to win you more games ??????????????????????
I want Latrell here, but comparing him to Teddy is a terrible argument. lol

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree re: recruitment and of course a big lure would be great. But regarding attitude - why potentially create the disruption if you can attract talent without the dickhead element to start? We seem to have done that with DWZ, I reckon there’s more in store too.
DWZ doesn't have an attitude problem, Latrell on the other hand might. Just like players put conditions on the club, the club should also be able to put conditions on the player, if the club deems there could be an issue.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ doesn't have an attitude problem, Latrell on the other hand might. Just like players put conditions on the club, the club should also be able to put conditions on the player, if the club deems there could be an issue.
Beginning of last year, DWZs on field performances were woeful, certainly gave the appearance of an attitude problem.

Change in club led to a change in attitude (yes, getting his preferred position helped to), and now he’s a fav.

Quite possible for similar fortunes with Latrell...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry, perhaps my words weren’t clear.
Definitely DWZ no attitude problem nor mitigated. Quite the opposite - seems like a champion bloke and footballer. What I meant was if we can do it once, we can do it again. (Despite the trolls on here saying we were his last and only option - my arse we were).

I think there’s more negatives/risks with Mitchell than positives and my business sense says that if it doesn’t pass the smell test, you don’t do it and risk buyers remorse.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beginning of last year, DWZs on field performances were woeful, certainly gave the appearance of an attitude problem.

Change in club led to a change in attitude (yes, getting his preferred position helped to), and now he’s a fav.

That would be awesome, if Latrell can come with no attitude issues...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s simple. They balls this up with a cap of 8mil to spend and sign Fucking nuffies or average as fuck players we aren’t winning anything and they can fuck off.

I’ve said numerous times I’m
Yet to have a view of the board as it’s yet to be SEEN what is happening behind the scenes. Though if we pass on blokes like latrell we are kidding ourselves.

We have montoya and holland ffs. Enough said.

If this is truly how it unfolds then to me
The board are showing themselves as incompetent and time to fuck off.

There’s a reason clubs like Souths broncos storm and roosters are always doing something. Ran by blokes with balls and actually know the major thing about this sport is to fucking WIN!
Lmfao fancy tossing the toys out of the cot over the club not agreeing to pay LM 1.2mil/season or whatever the ludicrous amount is that he’s demanding.

At his asking price, this would’ve been a reckless, almost negligent signing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lmfao fancy tossing the toys out of the cot over the club not agreeing to pay LM 1.2mil/season or whatever the ludicrous amount is that he’s demanding.

At his asking price, this would’ve been a reckless, almost negligent signing.
Another Foran perhaps, financially...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

You make a fair point but there’s a difference in being unhappy as DWZ was at Penrith and being an arrogant prick as Mitchell appears to be.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It’s not bad news why all the winging?
People want to spend a million on a player that might turn up to play 5 games a year,
his lazy and wants top dollar, fuck him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry, perhaps my words weren’t clear.
Definitely DWZ no attitude problem nor mitigated. Quite the opposite - seems like a champion bloke and footballer. What I meant was if we can do it once, we can do it again. (Despite the trolls on here saying we were his last and only option - my arse we were).

I think there’s more negatives/risks with Mitchell than positives and my business sense says that if it doesn’t pass the smell test, you don’t do it and risk buyers remorse.
Regardless if warranted or not DWZ had an attitude problem towards the end of his time at the Panthers. We haven't seen any of that since signing with us tho.

Not a troll. DWZ was a mid season signing and he had three clubs to possibly sign for. 1: us at Fullback, 2: Eels at Centre and 3: Tigers but they shouldn't move Mbye on (so really only 2). DWZ was never going to stay playing reserves for Panthers and they wanted him gone too.