• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wouldnt take the Mole's word for granted. His article states Mitchell is on 800k next year when its been widely reported his contract is worth 550k. Until its official i would say our club is playing smart and not budging on a certain offer just as they did with ramien. the relationship between latrell and the roosters seems to have broken down a fair bit so that could work to our advantage
Why start ours like that though? I don’t mean mole is on the money.

I think we all know he is getting 800k offers easily.

Fucking club is in a rut and hasn’t had a genuine game breaker since barba. We are talking 6 seasons of this now!?

Fucking seriously?

Throw the bloke the money! The extra he can bring in sponsorship and no doubt save us some $ in recruiting talent!

The sad fact is montoya and holland together probz aren’t far off the $ anyway ffs!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The following players are or will soon be on contracts around or over $1 million:

Cherry-Evans, Jake and Tom Trbojevic, Jack Bird, Darius Boyd, Anthony Milford, James Tedesco, Damien Cook, Ben Hunt, Ash Taylor, Jason Taumalolo, Keiran Foran, Mitch Moses, Cam Smith, David Fifita, Andrew Fifita, Kalyn Ponga, Mitchell Pearce, Michael Morgan, Nathan Cleary.

Someone will add Mitchell to that list as that is what the market dictates. Whether you think he's worth it or not... Considering they were willing to fork out 550k for Api and 300k plus for Ese Ese, I'd rather Latrell for $1 million and take a gamble. Signing him would be a statement of intent from the club and would convince others to follow.
Yh and how many of those players are worth it? That list does more to harm your argument than help it.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now all the people who never wanted Mitchell in the first place are gonna call the board incompetent.... smh
You won't get that from me. I didn't want him for starters, and happy they're cooling on him now. Too many red flags with attitude and effort for me.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be interested to know who our actual targets are. Are all these articles about linking us to these players just getting it out there that we now have cash and are in the market to make player managers take notice.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why start ours like that though? I don’t mean mole is on the money.

I think we all know he is getting 800k offers easily.

Fucking club is in a rut and hasn’t had a genuine game breaker since barba. We are talking 6 seasons of this now!?

Fucking seriously?

Throw the bloke the money! The extra he can bring in sponsorship and no doubt save us some $ in recruiting talent!

The sad fact is montoya and holland together probz aren’t far off the $ anyway ffs!
300K Montoya
300K Holland
400K Elliott
--
1M

We now have Averillo and Harper to cover for Montoya and Holland, Stimson to cover for Elliott.

If the club would rather keep these 3 than invest the same amount in the number 1 centre in the world (potential to be close to Tedesco at fullback also) then the board are f..king morons, f..king bunch of fools. FFS would anyone honestly prefer these 3 "average" duds over Mitchell ?. Whose going to win you more games ??????????????????????

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So do we believe Weilder yesterday or Mole today?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh and how many of those players are worth it? That list does more to harm your argument than help it.
Half of them aren't worth it. If anything it proves my point. Some club will pay Latrell that much because players like Taylor, Hunt, Bird, Foran, Boyd, Milford etc earn more when Latrell is a better talent and worth more.

My point is the market is inflated and it's hard to find value. Especially when one dimensional props like Lodge, Napa, Boyd, Paulo etc are on all 600k plus.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you forgot the sharks genius signings of Moylan and SJ, and im forever grateful to ivan clearly for taking Reynolds and mbye.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Now all the people who never wanted Mitchell in the first place are gonna call the board incompetent.... smh
Nope - and me being one of those people (not wanting Mitchell and certainly not at any price) as far as I’m concerned the directors stock just went up a couple of points if we’ve backed off.

If it’s true he won’t budge from $1m it’s clear he has one motivation only - and if he thinks he’s got us over a barrel salary wise - what else would he / his manager / Mundine try to pull?

I hope we have nothing to do with anything that Mundine is associated with. And if anyone wants to pull the race or religion card don’t bother - I don’t like Mundine for one reason and one reason only - he’s a dickhead.

Mitchell, just like the Turbos (before they re-signed at Manly) or any of the other rumoured big name pursuits would never wear blue and white for the right reasons and that’s the key reason I didn’t want any of these blokes at Belmore.

I’d rather take more time, build the right team and culture, use the war chest wisely and we will rise again.

Band-aids don’t heal war wounds.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope - and me being one of those people (not wanting Mitchell and certainly not at any price) as far as I’m concerned the directors stock just went up a couple of points if we’ve backed off.

If it’s true he won’t budge from $1m it’s clear he has one motivation only - and if he thinks he’s got us over a barrel salary wise - what else would he / his manager / Mundine try to pull?

I hope we have nothing to do with anything that Mundine is associated with. And if anyone wants to pull the race or religion card don’t bother - I don’t like Mundine for one reason and one reason only - he’s a dickhead.

Mitchell, just like the Turbos (before they re-signed at Manly) or any of the other rumoured big name pursuits would never wear blue and white for the right reasons and that’s the key reason I didn’t want any of these blokes at Belmore.

I’d rather take more time, build the right team and culture, use the war chest wisely and we will rise again.

Band-aids don’t heal war wounds.
No such thing as building a team, every time any team builds something it gets destroyed by other teams because they offer top players the world, if we want to be in top 4 discussions we need to get our hands on top players even if it means we pay overs, it's hard enough we have to deal with shit ref calls every week, and take a loss on the chin! It's time to play fire with fire, otherwise the bulldogs will be mediocre for another 2 decades!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If true our board is done. Surely.

Miss average blokes like Raimen api and Herman when pay himself makes open comments about them.

Then pass on the best player on the market at 22 when we have flops like montoya Crichton and Holland....

Fucking useless and incompetent
Really? Couldn’t agree less.
I think they’re being strategic and smart.

Those ‘average’ blokes had their reasons - Ramien wanted to go back to the Sharks. Api was close with Barrett hence went to Penrith when they also sweetened the deal.

How are our directors being ‘incompetent’ when there’s things they can’t control and when they are bound by their governance duties which include acting in good faith and to avoid conflicts of interest?

What’s your proposed alternative, Chief?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We saw what happened to latrell when Keary was out concussed. He was horrible. He needs a top shelf half playing inside of him feeding him early ball.

We dont have that so I hope this is true.

No point upgrading our backs when our halves arent great. We need to go all out on a halves player to replace foran in 2021 and a top hooker
Halves and hooker are the old fashioned distributor on the engine
No spark = No motion

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Unless we sign David Fifita and a few others 100% the Dogs board and CEO Andrew Hill need to go at the next election. Besides re-signing DWZ they've done sweet F..K all to improve our team. Could have got Mitchell early quite likely but they would rather scrimp and save and sign average players like we already have in spades (and that's all that's left now from other clubs for 2021). They couldn't sign Ramien, Ese'ese, or Api for the same reason. They're f..king hopeless.
Newsflash champ - Hill is an employee and his tenure has nothing to do with the directors or any election. He reports to the Chair - and the Chair determines whether he keeps his job and for how long - not football club members who vote on director positions. Just some facts for you for your next bleating session.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. If they think we need more Adam Elliott's (which it seems they do) we need to f..k the board and Andrew Hill off ASAP
Great strategy - sack everyone - what’s your alternative? Are you going to stand for the board with what sounds like outstanding credentials? How about some solutions rather than just grenade lobbing on here?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No such thing as building a team, every time any team builds something it gets destroyed by other teams because they offer top players the world, if we want to be in top 4 discussions we need to get our hands on top players even if it means we pay overs, it's hard enough we have to deal with shit ref calls every week, and take a loss on the chin! It's time to play fire with fire, otherwise the bulldogs will be mediocre for another 2 decades!
Fair comment. But I still say culture means a lot. You get blokes come through our system (or join, like DWZ) and they generally don’t want to leave. For those only motivated by money, I’d rather they weren’t part of our club. Does that mean we’ll struggle? I think the jury is firmly out on that and am looking forward to seeing how we improve in 2020 with what appears to be a happy club/culture, a bunch of young players who now have some experience they didn’t have 12 months ago and some more experienced hands to help guide the way.