Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Comon we have no idea what is happening so save the coronary. It could be false, it could be real, we could be trying to act less desperate so the price comes down, we could fuk it, it could work.............who fukin know's it's not the silly season it's the fukin daft season.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good. The rumoured $1M+ he was looking for is not worth it. Especially with the Roosters offering “800k”, which I would put as his market value.

Combine it with the fact that he’s not that involved in a lot of games, and he wants to retire by 30, I think this is a good decision by the board.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s simple. They balls this up with a cap of 8mil to spend and sign Fucking nuffies or average as fuck players we aren’t winning anything and they can fuck off.

I’ve said numerous times I’m
Yet to have a view of the board as it’s yet to be SEEN what is happening behind the scenes. Though if we pass on blokes like latrell we are kidding ourselves.

We have montoya and holland ffs. Enough said.

If this is truly how it unfolds then to me
The board are showing themselves as incompetent and time to fuck off.

There’s a reason clubs like Souths broncos storm and roosters are always doing something. Ran by blokes with balls and actually know the major thing about this sport is to fucking WIN!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not. But do they even realise that they made a mistake with Napa? That's the real question... We have money to spend and a rebuilding club like us obviously has to spend a little more to entice rep players to sign.

Signing Latrell would be like Souths signing Asotasi and Vagana to massive deals. Both of those deals were the signings that finally helped start their rebuild and convince other players to sign.

If we signed Latrell and Addo Carr, it would be a statement of intent from the club and would instantly make us an exciting team that other players would like to join.
Maybe they have realised the mistake and don’t want to repeat it with Latrell? I don’t think Napa is that big of a mistake anyway sure the it could be better but it’s not a something to be slitting wrists over either.

If Latrell was a proven player in the spine the sure break the bank but he’s not and signing a centre on a million is a a huge mistake for mine. Having him sign on with Addo Carr and winning the comp is the absolute dream scenario but it could also work out the other way and we have Latrell sitting out on his edge being uninterested collecting his big pay cheques. For that amount of money I don’t want question marks with a player as big as Latrell has.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Typical Mole article covering all his bases and having a bet each way. He will write a article next week saying we have had a change of mind and are back in.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
While I'm not happy we didn't land him, being old school, I think ATM and with the cap, the only 1M+ players should be spine players.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The prick isnt worth 1mil a year .. end of story

He is a brilliant player but not worth that much for a centre. He isnt a 5/8 either. Dwz just resigned so u would assume he is FB

I am with the board 10000% if they passed on 1 mil a year. Mitchell is a joke asking for that much. Manu is just as good if not better and signed for half that price lol

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do we know the actually reason why we passed?

Guessing either got out-bidded or didn't want to spend 1 mill on him and are close to signing someone else.
Hope so. Seems strange that we have this money to spend and we are going for solid players and not a star. We need a Fifita or Mitchell in the blue and white.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious our club are going out of their way to give nothing to the media. Unless there’s a snitch, the mole would have no real idea

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't end up a super star lol.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He just isn’t worth the 1 million dollar risk, he has as many poor games as good ones and at this point he is only a centre may never be a 5/8 or fullback I think 800k was fair to stay at the roosters 850 should get him here if he was genuinely wanting to prove himself out side of a star packed team At the dogs he can’t hide and inject himself on a few plays per game like he does at the roosters, he hasn’t proven stuff as a leading spine player who should earn 1 million +. We are better off waiting for a proven spine player to chuck the millions on maybe we will front load unspent dollars and be able to sign 2 marquee spine players at the same time. I think the we are smart not to cave to these types of players who tell you what they think they’re worth.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree. If he cost 400k, I wouldn't care. But 700k is a huge amount and he has two more years left.

You can sign a genuine star for 700k, not a workmanlike prop that you can find quite easily on the cheap as proven with Renouf and Ogden.

Probably is a bit much but I am happy he is in our team... when we start winning more and playing in bigger games, I know he will be the guy we will be looking to for a statement.. there aren't many genuine mongrels left in our game and he is one of them... you need those players for success... I think if somebody had of put a shot on JWH early in this years GF, it could have changed the whole course of the game... Dylan is that player

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
We saw what happened to latrell when Keary was out concussed. He was horrible. He needs a top shelf half playing inside of him feeding him early ball.

We dont have that so I hope this is true.

No point upgrading our backs when our halves arent great. We need to go all out on a halves player to replace foran in 2021 and a top hooker

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't tell me the club would rather Montoya and Holland over Mitchell? If true they need to be voted out.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't tell me the club would rather Montoya and Holland over Mitchell? If true they need to be voted out.
I don’t get this argument they aren’t choosing Montoya and Holland over Latrell at all. Have they re-signed those two? Wouldn’t them going after someone like Latrell be a indication they are trying to upgrade there?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah let’s instead build a team on “solid” players which will definitely ensure us success
Totally agree, eg Stimson he will be just that, a very solid player like Andrew Ryan was for us.
To many here live in fantasy land, as great as Mitchel is, he has the type of personality who could easily loose the plot mentally.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree, eg Stimson he will be just that, a very solid player like Andrew Ryan was for us.
To many here live in fantasy land, as great as Mitchel is, he has the type of personality who could easily loose the plot mentally.
I think you might've missed the sarcasm.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt take the Mole's word for granted. His article states Mitchell is on 800k next year when its been widely reported his contract is worth 550k. Until its official i would say our club is playing smart and not budging on a certain offer just as they did with ramien. the relationship between latrell and the roosters seems to have broken down a fair bit so that could work to our advantage