Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have said this a few times. But if latrell comes the only sense financially is fullback. Even 800k for a centre who touches the ball 12 times a game is absurd.

Give him the 1 and let him get his 20+ touches. Let him run the ball back and make 200+ meters a game and then we get full value for his 1mill+ salary.

If JAC comes too the backline should be

1. Latrell
2. Addo Carr
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Remis

perfect combination of speed and hoppa will be the skill. And his edge with Remis worked well this year.

Then you have Meaney and Holland as back up. As it should be.

As good as zelezniak is, if latrell comes he has to play fullback. He is too good to stay on an edge. And also his kick returns and his boot floating around the middle of the field of the last ripping up bombs would give a extra dimension to our halves.

Anyways. This is a longer shot then picking the first 4 at the Melbourne cup. But I will say if the board do pull this off. Then they must retain power unopposed. Big move for the club if they acquire 2 Aussie reps in 1 offseason.
Honestly he's no chance of working out at fullback, 5/8 maybe but I still have my doubts.

He had 34 total try involvements last season from memory and that's fucking massive, but we have to consider playing in the Rooster backline vs ours.

Either way I just feel sick giving him a mega deal, just too risky.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly he's no chance of working out at fullback, 5/8 maybe but I still have my doubts.

He had 34 total try involvements last season from memory and that's fucking massive, but we have to consider playing in the Rooster backline vs ours.

Either way I just feel sick giving him a mega deal, just too risky.
We need 2 X-factors
As a club we have fallen way behind the elite teams...We have to throw the dice
Taking a gamble on Mitchell is nowhere near as risky as Foran
It is possible he could play fullback, center or five-eight

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe he's on his way to our club. He's an origin player and perhaps the fastest man in the game. Why on Earth would he come to our crappy club?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hard to argue.

Though same can be said if the fail to land 1! They should be dismissed. No questions, especially with what 8mil?
Yeh absolutely. This is their making or their breaking. If our biggest movements in the market until February are Adam Elliot and zelezniak re-signings you almost raise the white flag that they are incapable.

Even sponsorship wise. I guess any great board would love to show their worth in this position. Bring in new sponsors. Restructure a roster. Hit it out of the park. Or shit the bed. Hopefully they don’t do the latter.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe he's on his way to our club. He's an origin player and perhaps the fastest man in the game. Why on Earth would he come to our crappy club?
Could be a package deal? Could be Mitchell saying I want Carr here too? Could be Mundine pulling the puppet strings?

Either way. What did he do this year? 17-18 tries. We haven’t had that on our wings since rona. And goodwins first year before that. You don’t say no to that.

Addo Carr on one side and smith on the other. 2 young kids with plenty of speed and able to score 30 try’s between them. Also the competition it will provide. Would bring out the best in them.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Could be a package deal? Could be Mitchell saying I want Carr here too? Could be Mundine pulling the puppet strings?

Either way. What did he do this year? 17-18 tries. We haven’t had that on our wings since rona. And goodwins first year before that. You don’t say no to that.

Addo Carr on one side and smith on the other. 2 young kids with plenty of speed and able to score 30 try’s between them. Also the competition it will provide. Would bring out the best in them.
Well let's hope so - but I find it hard to believe that in the off season that the Fox has had a falling out with his coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need 2 X-factors
As a club we have fallen way behind the elite teams...We have to throw the dice
Taking a gamble on Mitchell is nowhere near as risky as Foran
It is possible he could play fullback, center or five-eight
Yes, doesn't mean you pay an insane amount of money though.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, doesn't mean you pay an insane amount of money though.
Mitchell is an elite player
Do you truly believe his fall from grace early in the season is just a coincidence ???
I believe it's the pressure from Uncle Nick and the puppets and clowns in the media and the NSW RL who are controlled by him !!!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you truly believe his fall from grace early in the season is just a coincidence ???
I believe it's the pressure from Uncle Nick and the puppets and clowns in the media and the NSW RL who are controlled by him !!!
Personally I think he’d be worth every penny.
We need to get with the times, yes we’ve been bitten in the past but we haven’t paid that money for a 22 year old superstar with many years in front of him.
Give him the coin and get him here next week

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Something weird went down that we won't hear about... not that we need to.... but I thought it was interesting that Freddy dropped Latrell from the Blues team after talking with the GodFather

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There's lots of "hope" and "if only's" and very little solid info in this stuff. People aren't even declaring their source's anymore, I remember when you would get a ban if you didn't declare it. Can we go back to that please to minimise this shite?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't care, I'm not comfortable paying a player like Latrell 100's of thousands more than the next centre in the game. It's ridiculous. We arguably need an entire new spine and that's where the investment needs to be made. You think Latrell is going to thrive with Lewis throwing balls to his fucking dick and head? Bruh.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re a dickhead I’m sick or ***** bagging our club. Still one of the most successful clubs in history and if you’re not with us then go join the eels forum

Wahesh

Reaction score
You’re a dickhead I’m sick or ***** bagging our club. Still one of the most successful clubs in history and if you’re not with us then go join the eels forum
At the moment, compared to Melbourne, we are crappy. We have a proud history that will never be erased, we have a proud fan base that will always be vocal, but the current stay of decay the club is in is awful. Now I'm not going to deny that a clean up is underway, a big clean up at that, but there's still plenty more to do.

As for me... I was born a kalb, and I'll die a kalb (ask if you don't know what that means ya sharmoota).

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
At the moment, compared to Melbourne, we are crappy. We have a proud history that will never be erased, we have a proud fan base that will always be vocal, but the current stay of decay the club is in is awful. Now I'm not going to deny that a clean up is underway, a big clean up at that, but there's still plenty more to do.

As for me... I was born a kalb, and I'll die a kalb (ask if you don't know what that means ya sharmoota).
Just remember there is like 3 different playing fields within the NRL, if it was even then we would be doing ok.

The NRL is now the WWF and decides every year who will win the GF, who will be successful, who will be made an example of and who will fail. I suspected this for some time before the GF between Us and Souths, after that day and every day since they prove the sport is now run by betting, corruption and fukwits.

They have the ability to shape the season with the draw, the refs, the fines, the bans, the TV games and many other decisions they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.