News Kieran Foran out for six months with shoulder reconstruction

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we resign him at all, we’re not crazy, we’re fucking stupid. No matter how good he plays after that.
Be rid of him once and for all
They couldn't be that fucking stupid.....could they?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was a big supporter of Foran coming to the club, however the signing has been a disaster.

So we go into this seadon with almost no experience in the spine, again.
Rookie 9, rookie halves and DWZ is good but is still learning his craft at fullback.

The reality with Foran and his injuries is the team has gone into each of the last two seasons and will be going into the new season with one arm tied behind its back.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given that he's not contracted beyond the coming season I have no issues with him trying to get back on the field. It's not like we're missing the chance to sign too many players for the year ahead. The quality players are already locked up anyway. If the club gets salary cap dispensation for his injury like I've heard mentioned should happen it's possible we'll have the chance to sign someone early to mid season. For the first time in many years we actually have enough depth to cover for his absence. And it's almost good to know that our other halves options will have acquired more experience for 2021 when we'll have hopefully picked up some quality in weak positions in our roster.

The best thing the club can do is be supportive. It has to factor in the decision making process of potential new recruits when a club makes harsh decisions about injured players when they want to try working through things like an injury such as this. If I was tossing up my options about where I chose to invest limited years of my dream job, I'd judge any club that pushed out an injured player very negatively. We have a historical reputation of being a club that looks after our players. While money can factor heavily in the choices players make, security should also be part of the list of priorities for them. And pushing Foran out at a time when he reputedly doesn't want to go could be a factor in us becoming a poor option for others to sign here. It isn't ideal to have one of our few marquee players on the sidelines. But the club needs to make the right decisions about how we deal with the situation.
Mate it has become a joke, our club has done a lot MORE than enough for him, time to act like we are a professional organisation and consider all options.
(1) Medically retire him.
(2) Give him a coaching role to cover the exact amount of his contract money over 1,2,3,4, or whatever years.
(3) Perhaps a job at the Leagues club for a few years, (if I was him this would be my preferred option it could be a long term lucrative position if he shows form).
(4) If he was to refuse the 3 above options tell him that he will only be picked for C cup during the 2020 season.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost all sympathy for the bloke when he decided at the end of his second $1M contract year, where he only played 14 games, to play in a rep game just one month out from walking in to a reported $1.2M contract year.
I bet privately the club is absolutely filthy

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When not injured he changes our team
But his fucked 80% of the time
Just fucking retire

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
They couldn't be that fucking stupid.....could they?
Well for starters, we don’t have Des so that decreases the risk of being stupid with recruitment.
But. BUT! We don’t have a Bellamy either so we will see

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upto 350k if out for 12 weeks of more.
I'm not sure how it all works but if that's the case of $350k then finding a decent half to replace him will be hard. And we have 3 young guys to choose from.
We could possibly use the money for a good $500k centre and only have a further $150k against our cap.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Luv the guy when his on the field, whenever that is but this is it foz time to go mate do it for the club.
Otherwise another year like the last two i hate to say if we rely on fozz. Maybe time for some coaching at the dogs

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it all works but if that's the case of $350k then finding a decent half to replace him will be hard. And we have 3 young guys to choose from.
We could possibly use the money for a good $500k centre and only have a further $150k against our cap.
Not much we can really do at this stage unless someone gets a release. 350k is nearly a quarter of his salary so hardly seems appropriate but at least it’s something I guess.
Top up a current guys salary to free up money down the track I guess.
If he’s back in 6 months time I think we should leave in in CCup and look to the future with Wakeham and Lewis/Cogger depending on who we are resigning.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaving the nasty comments aside, I would love to see him retired and added to the coaching staff.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is Twin Turbo to remind us all that Foran isn't injury prone, that he's just unlucky?

The club needs to reach a settlement with Foran now and be done with him once and for all.
Probably horse riding!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will be back for round one..... I call him ...... wolverine

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here.......
Cogger was killing it before Foran returned. We have a gem in coggs.
Just need brutal defence that puts fear in teams. Rip and a tear

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Foran's body started falling to bits years ago, and for some unknown reason our club said "great, how about you come play for us for a few years and we will pay you heaps of cash".

Someone at the club needs to sit him down and tell him he is a drain on the club and is holding us back from being a competitive team in 2020 and 2021.

The pressure needs to go on him to accept a medical retirement

Once you add this additional injury to his list of about 20 other previous injuries, he is worthless to any football club worth it's salt.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Starting mid half next season while on 1.2M. I was wrong about him previously. No matter how many games he plays after that and no matter how well, if he wants to continue playing (which I'd be surprised at) if we re-sign him for anything more than 300K we're f..king crazy. If this latest injury was caused by something unusual I'd be more understanding but it was just a regulation tackle. In the end we had to bite the bullet with Chase Stanley. Foran should realise himself it's time and think now about how his body is going to cope after he retires
Just a little difference 1 zero in the contract
Stanley was on...$120,000.00
Foran is on.........$1,200,000.00

Last edited: