News Kieran Foran out for six months with shoulder reconstruction

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was very impressed with Coggers kicking game close to the line. We haven't had a good kicking game like that .... well we haven't since Kimmorley tbh.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm so disappointed in him tbh.

Normally I would commend his bravery etc but when your the highest paid and playing the least amount of games and wasting a spot in a team environment this is not how you act.

If true about that comment then I'm done with him.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Foran is being very selfish by not considering retirement. His body is obviously busted and will most likely get injured again when he takes the field. I admire his resolve to get fit again and back on the field but he's just taking up valuable cap and roster space plus messing with preparations..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting mid half next season while on 1.2M. I was wrong about him previously. No matter how many games he plays after that and no matter how well, if he wants to continue playing (which I'd be surprised at) if we re-sign him for anything more than 300K we're f..king crazy. If this latest injury was caused by something unusual I'd be more understanding but it was just a regulation tackle. In the end we had to bite the bullet with Chase Stanley. Foran should realise himself it's time and think now about how his body is going to cope after he retires

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He got himself right and first game another injury, I do feel for him.. Fozzy is determined. But in saying that it really is time for him to hang the boots up an put the club first, maybe he can Just take up some sort of role within the club. Be nice too keep him around, BUT playing days are definitely OVER..!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hang up the boots Fozzy ole boy. Still love ya. But your body can’t take anymore and it’s a real shame.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely a medical professional of some sorts needs to determine how all these setbacks must affect him mentally? he's already fragile mentally and these continuous setbacks cant be helping, it's no longer just about his physical well being but also his mental and emotional state long term.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where is Twin Turbo to remind us all that Foran isn't injury prone, that he's just unlucky?

The club needs to reach a settlement with Foran now and be done with him once and for all.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Surely there a solution to this saga that keeps screwing the Club. I’m sure his conscience should get the better of him and they can work things out! Coaching role, medically retire- whatever it takes. Sad but the reality is, he’s done.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this guy want to be in a wheel chair in his 50's should put his health first over money. He's a smart guy anyway I'm sure he will succeed career wise after footy.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only good news I can think of is that this injury absolutely ensures that the club does not re-sign him even for 200k

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should medically retire him on the ASAP
If he can’t fulfil his obligations as a fg player for the club then what good is he.

management need to address this and do so with the teams best interest
Inglis
Burgess
Gillet
Etc all got the okay from the nrl for medical retirement, I can’t see why Foran can’t be in the same boat

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given that he's not contracted beyond the coming season I have no issues with him trying to get back on the field. It's not like we're missing the chance to sign too many players for the year ahead. The quality players are already locked up anyway. If the club gets salary cap dispensation for his injury like I've heard mentioned should happen it's possible we'll have the chance to sign someone early to mid season. For the first time in many years we actually have enough depth to cover for his absence. And it's almost good to know that our other halves options will have acquired more experience for 2021 when we'll have hopefully picked up some quality in weak positions in our roster.

The best thing the club can do is be supportive. It has to factor in the decision making process of potential new recruits when a club makes harsh decisions about injured players when they want to try working through things like an injury such as this. If I was tossing up my options about where I chose to invest limited years of my dream job, I'd judge any club that pushed out an injured player very negatively. We have a historical reputation of being a club that looks after our players. While money can factor heavily in the choices players make, security should also be part of the list of priorities for them. And pushing Foran out at a time when he reputedly doesn't want to go could be a factor in us becoming a poor option for others to sign here. It isn't ideal to have one of our few marquee players on the sidelines. But the club needs to make the right decisions about how we deal with the situation.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well uncle nick would just have him busted in a pub with a pocket full of drugs why can’t we? Or lace his water bottle and have him test positive twice before season kickoff

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No matter how many games he plays after that and no matter how well, if he wants to continue playing (which I'd be surprised at) if we re-sign him for anything more than 300K we're f..king crazy.
If we resign him at all, we’re not crazy, we’re fucking stupid. No matter how good he plays after that.
Be rid of him once and for all